• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Chasing the Dawn

What sort of ending should Part II have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Your trailer is amazing ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really loved to play humans on "Ruins maps" in Lordaeron.
I am a little sad that we will no longer play there...

But I really enjoy your campaign ! I can't wait to play the second act :x

Level 12
I FINALLY UNDERSTAND.

For everyone who has been reporting a glitch in which units trying to mount at the Stables do not properly mount if the Stables has only one horse present, I have found the problem and the solution. We have actually found a glitch in the Matrix (or rather the WarCraft III game engine). There are two ways to give the Horse/Mount command: either you click the Stables and manually give the Horse ability command, or you just select a unit and right-click the Stables, and the latter method does not take mana away from the Stables. Since I always do the latter method myself when I play, I saw that the mana was not going away properly and added a trigger to compensate. However, since the former method DOES take mana properly, it was taking twice the mana necessary for a single unit, and if you did not have enough mana for two units to mount, the mounting system detected it as having insufficient mana to proceed and spat the unit back out.

In more relevant terms, I will be releasing a patch to fix this and some minor issues in Mission 3 shortly; until then, mount units by right-clicking the Stables instead of using the Stables' Horse ability and you will not encounter this glitch.

Level 10
As I've been rather inactive for quite some time I didn't stumble upon your project until now.
It really looks interesting and I guess I'd give it a try. The artwork looks nice too.

Appears like you give a lot of heart into your project and that's always nice to see around this board. :]

So sorry for the stupid question but I can't find any download link so I suppose there's no trial out yet?
Please correct me.

Last edited:
As I've been rather inactive for quite some time I didn't stumble upon your project until now.
It really looks interesting and I guess I'd give it a try. The artwork looks nice too.

Appears like you give a lot of heart into your project and that's always nice to see around this board. :]

So sorry for the stupid question but I can't find any download link so I suppose there's no trial out yet?
Please correct me.
Chasing the Dawn

Level 21
I've finished the 5 main maps of Part I and, while I do have videos which are hopefully helpful for you, here is some feedback I can provide in retrospect (as opposed to in the heat of the moment).

Map 1) I don't recall anything negative in particular. Functioned as intended I believe and I really enjoyed the side quest as well and the challenge of possible dipping into Andorhal against all odds. I didn't, but apparently most folks do!

Map 2) I quite enjoy this one even if I completely blew it during my first playthrough. Siege footmen are the clear choice here, so it would be worthwhile to restart and change tech options if you picked something different. Apparently there is a Cursed item somewhere hanging around, so I'll have to replay and check around for it.

Map 3) Great concept, though the AI appeared broken (you've seen it). No normal enemy attacks except scripted/spawned drop on top Orange base, which happened very suddenly and with a huge enemy force. This appears to have been been corrected recently, so I'll give it another go. Losing the optional is meant to cause the zombie drops in map 4 or so I've read. I did not technically fail the optional, but still got zombies dropping on me in map 4. Perhaps this has to do with the AI issues when I played Havenshire?

Map 4) All 3 Deathknights attacked me along with the zombie drop (as mentioned above) when the timer was hitting about 19 minutes, which seemed very early relative to the difficulty of the rest of the map. After this, one DK came with an attack, then two a couple minutes later with an attack, so the progression seemed disproportionate. I would expect the ramp up of 1 > 2 > 3 DK's as the timer ticks down as opposed to 3 > 1 > 2, where that first attack with all three happens after only about 5-6 minutes of getting set up plus a zombie drop that may have been in error. To be clear, I am NOT complaining/saying this is too hard; I've noticed some random commentors around here get all uppity about that sort of thing. I'm just questioning if it was intended to be this way as compared to a typical hold out scenario ramping up in difficulty over time.

Map 5) There is an invisible wall midway through the city stopping players from traveling east prior to picking up Landgren. Adding some barricades, and/or dialogue of the troops there saying "We'll hold here, go find Landgren" would make it more seamless rather than invisible path blocking. Noth taunted me, but was missing and could not be fought. I notice earlier in the thread that the Necromancer is not meant be killed, though I did manage to kill him. Not sure if he is literally supposed to be invulnerable and only should flee at low mana, or if it's a "Don't enter Andorhal" type thing. He began taking damage after I killed the Acolytes around him and tanking with Abbendis + Landgren's shield protecting her. No drops from him either if he is indeed killable as a challenge.

Lastly, what are your thoughts on adding the Secret Mission to the mission launcher or the first person mission picker once unlocked? Currently, the only way to play it seems to be replaying map 5 and fully finishing it even if it's already been done.

Level 12
Map 3) Great concept, though the AI appeared broken (you've seen it). No normal enemy attacks except scripted/spawned drop on top Orange base, which happened very suddenly and with a huge enemy force. This appears to have been been corrected recently, so I'll give it another go. Losing the optional is meant to cause the zombie drops in map 4 or so I've read. I did not technically fail the optional, but still got zombies dropping on me in map 4. Perhaps this has to do with the AI issues when I played Havenshire?

You get two waves of zombies if you completely fail the optional quest. Each township that falls causes a zombie wave.

Map 4) All 3 Deathknights attacked me along with the zombie drop (as mentioned above) when the timer was hitting about 19 minutes, which seemed very early relative to the difficulty of the rest of the map. After this, one DK came with an attack, then two a couple minutes later with an attack, so the progression seemed disproportionate. I would expect the ramp up of 1 > 2 > 3 DK's as the timer ticks down as opposed to 3 > 1 > 2, where that first attack with all three happens after only about 5-6 minutes of getting set up plus a zombie drop that may have been in error. To be clear, I am NOT complaining/saying this is too hard; I've noticed some random commentors around here get all uppity about that sort of thing. I'm just questioning if it was intended to be this way as compared to a typical hold out scenario ramping up in difficulty over time.

Which death knights attack and when is determined by game difficulty. On Mythic it ramps up to 3 pretty quickly then stays up there; lower difficulties have more erratic death knight attacks. Some of this may be because the AI is supposed to send attacks in really rapid succession; they might just be merging multiple attacks into one. I don't remember if they did so from my test runs, but I was playing this map exceptionally poorly and was struggling to stay afloat.

Map 5) There is an invisible wall midway through the city stopping players from traveling east prior to picking up Landgren. Adding some barricades, and/or dialogue of the troops there saying "We'll hold here, go find Landgren" would make it more seamless rather than invisible path blocking. Noth taunted me, but was missing and could not be fought. I notice earlier in the thread that the Necromancer is not meant be killed, though I did manage to kill him. Not sure if he is literally supposed to be invulnerable and only should flee at low mana, or if it's a "Don't enter Andorhal" type thing. He began taking damage after I killed the Acolytes around him and tanking with Abbendis + Landgren's shield protecting her. No drops from him either if he is indeed killable as a challenge.

Yeah, the invisible wall was something I added rather recently and I haven't had the chance to meet with Abbendis's voice actress yet; I don't think she's even in the country right now.

I definitely needed to be more clear about the Noth "encounter." Noth's "encounter" really is just the mechanic of the DoT from standing in that region, which makes it harder to kill Areiel if she's there because she's unaffected by it.

Gothik should have Divine armor, which should prevent him from taking damage from non-Chaos/Unholy sources. He is not supposed to be killable but I needed him to be targetable.

Lastly, what are your thoughts on adding the Secret Mission to the mission launcher or the first person mission picker once unlocked? Currently, the only way to play it seems to be replaying map 5 and fully finishing it even if it's already been done.

The bonus mission should be in the mission picker once it's unlocked. I added it a couple patches ago for exactly this reason.

I feel like I've said should waaaay too many times in this post. I'll look into all my "should"s and see why they didn't work for you.

Thank you for your playthrough and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it on YouTube!

Level 1
Sick campaign by the way, this has to be my favorite out of every custom one.

Also wanted to add, if i went for both Crusader Strike and redemption, or any of those in that same row, all keybinds go to E, any chance that could be changed? Since at the moment the best combo is Crusader Strike and the AoE one but having to click one is such a detriment for me :p.

Perhaps Legacy keybinds for each one of the abilities?

Last edited:
Level 10
Hello guys!
I was just wondering what to specifically do, and in what chapter, to discover the secret two missions of Sylvanes..??

I played this a while ago, and finished the completed content, but i saw a gameplay on youtube who discovered the secret mission.
Please help a brother out.
Regards, Ahman

Level 12
The official guide to unlocking the Forsaken Bonus Mission in Part I:

full

Status
Not open for further replies.