1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Icon Contest #17 - Poll is up! Vote for the most legendary icon set!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your favourite retro song at the Music Contest #10 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 28. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter One - Mr. Blond V1.0

Submitted by Mvyrea
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Information

• Author - Musta Vyrea (Mvyrea)
  • Version - 1.0
  • Difficulty - Normal
  • Belongs to the Group of Maps - The Legend of Mikokoro
  • Language - English
  • Main missions - 3
  • Optional missions - 3
  • Estimated duration - 3 hours

• This is the first mission of a group of three.
  • The historical context of the map is explained at the beginning of the mission, although it has nothing to do with the original Warcraft story.

Playing style

• It focuses on the management of the heroes and the exploration of the place to find clues and objects that will help you to continue. It is very important to pay attention to the details.

Resources

• Paladin of the Alliance Crusade by Stefan.K
  • Lord Archimonde by FerSZ
  • Lord Vader by HerrDave
  • Knight of the Blazing Sun by HerrDave
  • Knight of the Blazing Sun (Dismounted) by HerrDave

As always, I will be attentive to the report of any bug or error that you find to solve it.
Greetings and thanks.
Contents

ChapterOneMrBlond (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Instead of text on a black screen you could have made a nice cinematic introduction since the map is so big. Well, Warcraft spells again. Two boots of speed in two nearby barrels? And another one in a barrel closeby on the other side (left/west)...
  1. Abishkar

Abishkar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great! I will download it and maybe rate it. Maybe tell something more about the story

2. TheGamerEdgaras12

TheGamerEdgaras12

Resources:
    Resources:
    gahh 1.29 maps

3. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any problem? if the update is free, i don't understand.

4. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am at the final boss but the third optional objective is still Undiscovered. Does it have to do something with the Lizard King?

5. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are three optional missions:

Lhurgoyf - When you complete it you have the option to get a Mask of Death.
    Captians - Completing it increases the stats of your heroes.
    Father and Son - This mission is an Easter Egg, has no reward and is hidden.

I guess the one you have not discovered is "Father and Son" that, as I said, has no reward, but if you want to do it, it is discovered and completed in the area accessed through this door: MEGA

6. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've done Father and Son and Captains. I dont have Lhurgoyf quest but I killed it and one of my heroes has the Mask of Death. Maybe a bug?

7. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Without completing the mission, it should not be possible to get the mask. In addition, to get it you have to go back to the beginning, where the mission is activated. I have reviewed it and in principle there is no bug, anyway, I will review it again and wait to see if it has happened to more people.

Could you pass me a screenshot of the object and the mission without doing?

Regards and thanks for the notice.

PS: If you kill the Lhurgoyf without having activated the mission, it can not be done.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  8. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bad, I don't have the Mask of Death.

I guess I can't acquire the mission cuz' I already killed the Lhurgoyf: MEGA

Oh and just a small typo at the very end… "To be continue"... Missing the D!
    Can't wait for the next part :D

9. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okey, thank you very much for playing.

If this chapter likes the community and gets a good score, I'll start working on the second chapter so I can upload it as soon as possible.

Greetings.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Instead of text on a black screen you could have made a nice cinematic introduction since the map is so big.
    2. Well, Warcraft spells again.
    3. Two boots of speed in two nearby barrels? And another one in a barrel closeby on the other side (left/west) (southeast where the slow casting kobolds are)
    4. The gameplay is quite the same all over. Would've been nice for some puzzles some, different things to do than just hit levers and rocks and be ambushed by mostly magic immune units. OK, so there was one with the Hydralisk.
    5. A barracks that doesn't even train units. Why even bother then?
    6. Among other things like custom heroes you could really make a story on this as now it's just filler.
    7. Who is bringing so many barrels in such wasteland?
    8. Where lizards are (the second gate on the south of those 4) the tome in the barrel cannot be reached unless the trees are brought down.
    9. You don't get anything for completing Vader's quest than just weird humour.
    10. You could have turned this into quite a parody, Mr. Blond and all.
    11. Why not a custom human and elemental/demon techtree?
    12. They don't even train units to attack you more while you can do that.
    13. Finally, barracks that train units.
    14. Captains aren't really optional if they're in the way.
    15. NEW UNIT. You should mention exactly what it is and does like in the original campaign.
    16. Would be nice to give a hint about the doodad signs or make them selectable. Not everybody is a meticulous as I am.
    17. Alright, the coloured levers puzzle was really nice. I see you can design a hybrid map. All you need to do is just not make use of only Warcraft III material and be creative on most aspects.
    18. Well, "bosses", you could actually make them to be so, powerful, do stuff in an open area or special made place. You can even make puzzles to kill bosses too. I only use my heroes.
    19. Those guardians are one and the same unit and they don't do much... please be creative.
    20. Oh yeah, use the other play music trigger not to hear it through the sound channel.
    Compared to your other work, this is an improvement, however it needs more creativity.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

11. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I appreciate the advice, my intention is to improve and that each job is better than the previous one. I'm glad you've seen an improvement over my last job, that's appreciated.

I will try to make the next contribution more creative and coherent. I hope to get to make quality contributions, although I know that I am still far from the desired level.

Greetings and thanks.