• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Need helmets like this, they can be slight variations of each other but I'd like if some were more dramatic than others and they don't need to be quite this dark. ++++Rep
99120201047_ChaosWarriors01.jpg

chaosknights.jpg

Level 14
Hey it's the first time I try to make an attachment, so I thought you could comment on my first helmet to find out if all is fine. Have a look at the testmap and you'll see that the helmet fits only some units. It's too big for some and too small for some others. If i make the whole helmet bigger/smaller the issue shifts but it won't get solved: there will be always models where it doesn't fit.

Thank you Stein for the link, it's a fantastic warrior model.

I couldn't make out the name of the russian author of the barbarian model because i do't understand a thing of cyrillic, it would be nice to be able to credit him as a thanks.

Attachments

• ChaosHelmetTestmap.w3x
    21.9 KB · Views: 31
Level 14
Since it is my understanding that there's need of a picture for the requester, here is a visual of the latest helmet. Compared to the original helmet from the <?> russian author, this has a rewrap on a different skin and a couple skulls.
skullz.JPG

(I'd be grateful to anyone who can make out the name of the author to be able to properly credit him)

Level 22
Since it is my understanding that there's need of a picture for the requester, here is a visual of the latest helmet. Compared to the original helmet from the <?> russian author, this has a rewrap on a different skin and a couple skulls.
View attachment 269324

(I'd be grateful to anyone who can make out the name of the author to be able to properly credit him)

This looks fantastic. Of course the texture wrap is messed up now. Do you know how to rewrap?

Level 14
Let me understand this better: the helm on the image I posted has a bad wrap?
  • If it has, it's all due to my bad taste in wrapping that texture. I made it like that. Please give me advice on how it should look instead: what's to be changed and so on.
  • If the image is fine instead, I'm pretty sure that the copy I sent you is working and has the same wrap.
Fixing it might be easy or not depending on what you need exactly. How should it be changed?

Level 14
I personally don't dislike the infernal contraption's wrap. I think that there's nothing really wrong about it.
However, here you are, old texture, old wrap: of course this needs the original texture imported.

Attachments

• CHelmetv01skullz.mdx
    16.5 KB · Views: 24
Level 14
my fault entirely, I did that to use the infernal canon texture in an attempt to not just rip the helmet as it was. I'll attach a copy with the original wrap as soon as i find it.

Edit: here you are

Attachments

• CHelmetOriginalskullz.mdx
    15.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Level 14
I'm convinced that if the visor is inclined so that the eye opening transmits the impression of "angry face", with the central part of the brow being lower than the lateral ones, this resembles a little more closely the feeling of the chaos helmets:
hELMETeYES.JPG

Attachments

• CHelmetOriginalskullzEvileyes.mdx
    15.6 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.