• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channeling Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alright I have been trying to make a Mental Domination skill for my map and I hit a bit of an impasse. It is supposed to have a permanent effect on creeps and channel against heroes. But the problem is that once I change their ownership the spell craps out because it can't target allies.

Now I have tried about 30 combinations of allowed targets and I can't make it work. So does anyone know how I can make this damned spell function properly?

Level 6
Perhaps if you turn the non-agression between the target and the caster off with the action:
Player - Set Aspect of Alliance
For owner of casting unit, turn alliance (non-agression) Off toward owner of target unit of ability being cast.

I don't know if it works perfectly for what you want, is only an idea, but I think that would help u! :wink:

Level 7
What spell did you base it on?

Some spells have to do something, like life drain need to drain for example 0.01 life every 9999999999 seconds or something, it's the same with other spells, they have to do something, else they'll bug out.

Status
Not open for further replies.