• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing the water texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ohh. I did think I saw that one coming. So, they're actually not one file? But 40+ files. Thing is; I can't look in the mpq myself right now. Can't do anything like that till in a month or so. I've been stricken with a disease called MacOS, but my doctor will soon prescribe me a PC. I would have thought it was a single file. You know, like those textures that look sortaf like a comic book.

Level 10
True. Makes sense. That's all too bad, but thanks anyway.

Then I just wonder if there is any other way that would be good for making a combat grid that covers the terrain and can be turned on/off during play.
And come to think of it, water would be a really bad way, 'cause it wouldn't lay over the terrain unless the terrain were completely flat, and I would suffer from lack of water in all my maps.
I don't think there is any good way to do this. The only one I can think of would require vast amounts of dummy units or items. EDIT: And it would look like s**t. Another engine
would be preferable if I were to ever realize my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.