• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Changing PlayerGroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I made this trigger for changing from a player group to another. But it does'nt completly remove the player from previous player group. Please help me solve the problem.

• Freelancer
  • Events
  • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for AllianceChange
  • Conditions
  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Freelancer
  • Actions
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Anarchs
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Camarilla
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Garou
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Hunters
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Independant
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from Sabbat
  • Wait 0.33 seconds
  • Player Group - Add (Triggering player) to Autarkis
(This might help you help me LOL) I removed the wait time, It is just something I tried to fix the problem, but it did not do any good.

I have a rebirth trigger, where if the hero has an ankh of reincarnation he resurrects in is base. And what happened is that he was first move to his old base (old team) then to his new one. Weird. So it is how a came to the conclusion it was'nt completly removed. Here is part of the rebirth trigger I am talking about.

• Rebirth
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Uses an item
  • Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ankh of Reincarnation
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) is in Autarkis) Equal to True
  • Then - Actions
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
  • Set L37 = (Random point in Region 137 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move (Hero manipulating item) instantly to L37
  • Camera - Apply (Current camera) for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) over 0.00 seconds
  • Set L81 = (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) to L81 with height 400.00 above the terrain over 0.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players controlled by a ((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) controller) player) the text: Your Hero will revi...
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L37)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L81)
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
(BTW sorry I still did'nt figure how you attach trigger)

OK I will explain exactly how I made my map.

It is a vampire-werwolf-hunter map. Go download here, it might help you understand (btw I am working on a new version, I found a few bugs in this one)
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4048/

So in the beginning depending on the faction you choose, your hero is moved to a specific base with a key for door. Upon death he is reborn in this base (I only put part the rebirth trigger in previous post). Upon choose his faction the player is put in a playergroup variable. Ex. Werewolfs go in Garou variable then alliances are made for this group.

Now, what I want to do is to be able to change again faction while plaing in-game so that let's say you want to become a werewolf friendly to vampires (wich is philosophicaly quite improbable) you can.

But the add player to player group (variable) works, thus also gaining all alliance properties of that group, but seemingly the remove from player group is not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 32
[off topic]

It looks like you figured out the trigger tags and added them to your first post, I'll add them to the second.

It's usually best to EDIT your posts rather than add consecutive posts to the same thread (double posting). I'll merge the second and third together for you.

[self="http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=360"]Remember to introduce yourself![/self]

I'm sure our best trigger editors will help you resolve the difficulties with this rebirth trigger.

[broke= + REP !]PayPal Donor ?[/broke]

Level 7
Ho ! I did'nt know that about that do nothing. I have it everywhere on my map. I will make sure to remove those.

IF I clear the player group as a solution to completly remove previous group, will it definitly also clear other members ot this playergroup?

Hummm. Seemingly the problem was'nt in the player group removal, but rather in a condition error in the complete rebirth trigger. Aye! So it works!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.