• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Changing height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
pixels from the ground and up, Z height would be ground height + unit's flying height.

So it's not a rate, it's a value that represents one unit (one pixel) in Z axis

a value of 100 means the unit is flying 100 units above ground.

Edit 2: Confirmed that like I said initially it's not a rate as in there aren't any kind of multiplier (besides time). it's a flat increase/decrease in height per second. I did however neglect to mention that it's, obviously, from the initial height as of when the trigger is fired to the new height.

Last edited:
I think the rate is calculated the same way as movement speed. But I honestly don't know.
Anyway.
There is no "regular" rate. 1 is really really really slow, 1000 is pretty fast. Try it.

Edit:
Death Adder had the answer it seems.

Edit:
pixels from the ground and up, Z height would be ground height + unit's flying height.

So it's not a rate, it's a value that represents one unit (one pixel) in Z axis

a value of 100 means the unit is flying 100 units above ground.

No. The rate is how fast it will change height from the initial height to the entered.

Level 12
I took the liberty to answer(ish) the initial post together with the follow up question, since I weren't clear enough it allowed this misinterpretation to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.