• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change point value limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I use it to sell my tower (100%)
Amount of tower -28
Level 1 - 0gold
Level 2 - 50gold
Level 3 - 100gold
Until Level 28 -50000gold
these amount totally 74000gold (point value) , now i want to add more 12 tower and get 40tower . But the cost is over the limit of point value . How i change the limit of the point value ? ((sorry for my broken english

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Shift does not allow more?

In which case need to declare custom data for the unit type in the form of a hashtable entry. Parent is the unit type (integer in JASS, GUI fakes it as separate type) and child some unique key for that data type. Efficient O(1) mapping so more than sufficient for the task at hand.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
or go with a custom unit value via triggers like DrSuperGood.
I did not suggest he uses custom unit values, I suggested he uses a data table backed by a hashtable.

Point value is represented by a 32bit signed integer right?
Unless it is a bitfield compiled with an old-ish compiler. In which case it might be any size less than 32 bits. It may also have other software limits applied to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.