• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Champions of Hermetic Beta v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Champions of Hermetic
by Ninva

Objective:

Beginning with one hero, you must train your hero and fight against your opponents. Your opponents may be computer players or users. Every user will be a hero. Every computer play will command a stronghold with workers and armies. You may either team up with a computer play and fight against other computer plays and users, or you may just simply go up against other users or team up with users to do PvE. The objective is purposely open-ended.

Gameplay:

* You begin with one hero.
* You may either be on a team with a computer player or go solo.
* Computer players all control a stronghold with workers and armies.
* Defeat the enemy computer players.
* The game is open-ended.
* There is no victory or defeat trigger.

Features:

* Save/Load code
* Zombies!!!
* Play only as a hero.
* Play with or without computer players.
* All computer players own strongholds with units.
* Play against your friends in either a PvP or PvE style game.
* Rare and common items can be found all across the map.
* Eight hero classes.

Keywords:
open-ended, rpg, melee, guilds, clans, characters, eight heroes, heroes, conjurer, magi, warrior, breseker, religion
Contents

Champions of Hermetic Beta v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
17:50, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 30
Dude everything is all wrong here, this map was created by Blizzard not you, you only did was re-edit some unnecessary stuffs to it that I find it messy, I played your game but I won't make a review for this since this is still on Beta and beta maps are not allowed and will get rejected. the hero pick system was terrible, you somehow use a trigger that will kill the players origin melee triggers and replace it with a building, why not use a tavern instead?

how come the AI is still working? and they use the original melee works instead of your customed hero fight? the damage system is somehow bugged and all the heroes are all fragile, too weak to my observations, and the creep spawn, there single, easy to kill, and randomly pops out at any place, please, I advice you to make up with your own work instead of revamping a blizzard melee map, redo it from scratch. again.

Level 3
Dear Orcnet,

You may have been razed that I posted the finish product of the "beta" version of my map, but that doesn't give you much excuse for posting a lousy critique with the assertiveness that what your claims were valid. I'm usually meek when it comes to critique, but this your brief "review" was really not worth my time. And I'll critique you, so that you may not go around talking like you have a stick up your butt anymore.

"[T]his map was created by Blizzard not you." I used the map terrain of a Blizzard map. Do you judge a map's uniqueness only by its terrain? The basic map is enough for the game's purpose, and Blizzard does not condemn this type of behavior. Why should you?

Now the initial comment may have been a concern for the ethics of map making (an unspoken rule), but when you asked why the AI works, that shows your @. In the game's objectives that I wrote in the description, quite clearly, I wrote: "Computer players all control a stronghold with workers and armies. Defeat the computer players."

You then make a paradoxical statement: "[T]he damage system is somehow bugged and all the heroes are all fragile, too weak to my observations, and the creep spawn, [they're] single, easy to kill, and randomly pops out at any place." The heroes and enemies are weak because I tweaked the entire combat system to emulate a more realistic realm of combat. Though it's slightly flawed (but tested many times), I was hoping people would realize that they CAN easily team up with a computer player or another player. This game is not meant to be played alone.

I do not care if you "review" anymore maps again. This is a hobby, @. This is surely not my line of work. Next time, I advise you to read game features and game objectives before you "review" any map, anywhere. Maybe you should just stick with your TDs and Hero Line Wars. :/

~ Ninva

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 30
dude let me explain something that you really don't understand, for your information. I haven't made a review for your map yet, but rather I was helping you move in to the right direction. the Blizzard maps are fine to me but would it be nice if you could just make your own? I mean if you really want your work to be unique, why not just make your very own terrain? everybody's doing it. why not you?

and for your unimaginable reply, how should I know what's in your game? the days I check in your map there were no descriptions listed, no features, roles, and screenshots (until now) and right now your blaming me that I didn't read your description? please.

and to make it clearly, showing map reviews on every map is a must since these useful technique can really help people. make them realize on there mistakes, and make it better, not make them down and quit. it depends on you on how you interpret it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Dear Orcnet;

You're making excuses now. I've made none, only explanations. The descriptions were there when I posted the map. You should've seen them before you could click the download link. All the details are there. If you would have read them, you would've had a better idea what to expect.

~Ninva

*Merge the 3 triggers in the 'Game' folder
*Change the title to 'Champions of Hermetic Beta [1.0]'
*LEAKS
images

• Zombie kill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to Zombie
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Zombie for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
'Position of (Triggering Unit))' generates a leak, in order to avoid that, store the position of the triggering unit in a point variable, create the zombie at the variable and then:
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_VARIABLE)
to remove the leak

There are a lot of leaks, so please remove them. Here's a quick tutorial.
*No custom spells, plain boring like that, you just gave the heroes random default ones
*No custom items either, you just colorized their names

This is why your map cannot be approved. Oh and did I mention that your idea is too simple and poorly executed?