• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Fight 1.30

(Yet another) Castle Fight
Created by Gex\Elf_Stratigo\Vam-pirrr\dd_mn

Map Info

This map is another one of "Castle Fight" series, based on Castle Fight ES 1.22b.
The goal of the map is to defeat opposing team. To do this your team should win X rounds (X depends on game mode). You control a builder that can construct race-specific buildings. Some of this buildings periodically produce unit that moves to the enemy's Castle (Attacking units are uncontrollable). To win a round your units must overcome the enemy units, reach the Castle and destroy it. Your Castle can be destroyed by the same way - then you lose the round. Some units are particularly strong(or weak) against others because of their damage/armor type or abilities. Watch for armor and attack tips to choose right construction.

Features

There are a lot of differences with 1.22b, I can't recall everything. In general:
- some Elementals' and Nature's units\buildings\abilities are redesigned.
- overall performance is increased.
- 3 new units are added.
- new race (Desert Plains) is added.
- new modes:
si - enables streaming income, income period is 1s, income value depends on -itX;
cg - enables Castle gate, builder may close\open castle gate(experimental).
dom - changed, now team dominates if 10 or more units enter opposite team's area
Experimental: RS renamed to Devastating strike and could be cast even on enemy's base.

On the way:

232768-albums6791-picture74452.jpg

Siege:

232768-albums6791-picture74453.jpg

Defending:

232768-albums6791-picture74454.jpg

Gate closed:

232768-albums6791-picture75096.jpg

Keywords:
Castle Fight
Contents

Castle Fight 1.30 (SL) (Map)

Reviews
13:43, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Map approved and set as recommended.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well idk if I gave this map some love in the past, because I should have.

What I really like:

• AI is better IMO. It tells you what its building, it says when it will RS, it's RS conditions are improved
  • AI builds in a predictible pattern (this I really love. I hate in original CF when AI blocks and gets the army stuck)
  • New races are well thought out, with some really cool effects. There are some units that feel OP (but I don't have enough playing experience with this map to call this out)
  • New races break the meta and introduce new ally / enemy combinations to consider. So IMO, while the change still feels "raw" as I haven't played this map much I feel like new races are good
  • New legendaries! I haven't tried them all out, but I especially love the legendary healer from nature and master of all elements (?)
  • Game play feels more fluid. I feel like the map's original (or recreated) triggers / scripts have been optimized. Idk if this is true, just saying it feels smother

What I don't like:

• I haven't checked all of the races, but in the new races, some of the tooltips have broken descriptions (either via color, bad formatting) so it breaks the usual CF pattern when reading tooltips. It also made a couple of abilities (so far) harder to understand
  • This isn't a must, though some units feel somewhat OP. I play lot of CF and can notice if some of the new units is op or up against the already existing ones. pm me if you want my opinions

What I suggest:

• Have someone proofread and fix grammar and formatting of your tooltips. (I can do it, pm me if you want)
  • Make it for 10 players, not 6.

Level 8
Elemental race rework is awful. Only, that i like is's burn aura for fire elementals. I agree that this race was too overpowered, but i think better nerf their old skills, but not turn them to this crap. Why nature isn't nerfed so much? And it's very interesting to nerf some race for they are imba, but add mor overpowered race such desert and make others races more overpowered, even then elemental race. Add unit like primoidal drake for North, wich already a quite stronger then the other race.

Last edited:
Level 1
Former developer (Elf-Stratigo) had passed map source to me and Sunus.
I'd recreated AI because I was not satisfied with existing one and I myself play with AI against human opponents+AI.
Of course AI is far from perfect - it doesn't build towers and uses its RS not very effective sometimes.
Hey, I have kind of a wierd question. Is there any way to contact original devolopers(geX)? If you have the source code, I am sure you have some idea how to contact geX?

Level 1
I am trying to get the -srRX command to work, but whenever I type a value like -srgold1000 it sets the starting value to 0. Anyone got it working?

Level 3
Dude. The dummys you use for the Lightning spell, that the Elemental Race casts, are targetable by both units and blast staff.
How did this go through?

Level 1
Hello!

Recently created this account just so i can comment on this one...

I have been playing this map with my wife (we two vs 3 AI) for years now and are starting to feel that this needs an update.. :)
Does anyone work on Castle Fight any longer or is it a "dead map"?

I can happily give a long list of stuff that is buggy, needs fixing etc.. problem is that I'm no mastermind in map creating!
We can help if someone can/want to fix it help with testing.

Thanks in advance!

Level 1
Hello!

Recently created this account just so i can comment on this one...

I have been playing this map with my wife (we two vs 3 AI) for years now and are starting to feel that this needs an update.. :)
Does anyone work on Castle Fight any longer or is it a "dead map"?

I can happily give a long list of stuff that is buggy, needs fixing etc.. problem is that I'm no mastermind in map creating!
We can help if someone can/want to fix it help with testing.

Thanks in advance!

wow its really amazing, you play it for years with your wife

i think we should talk in another social, do you have another social online?

Level 6
@dd_mn Oh Oh wow a new update?!

What did you change / add / do?
Have a change log?

Also do you have a list of all the modes that works on this CF SL 1.30 (still same patch number lol xD)
Sorry, there is no log, but I could answer about modes (or change some if not a big change)
Arent most modes described in Quests?
No great changes, mostly attempts to fix balance, though Elementals are still hard to win with.

Last edited:
Level 6
@dd_mn -bal1 work yet? and IDK that modes list and QuestLogs overall in F9 kinda old and maybe even outdated. A number of those might not work or be around anymore. And are a few "hidden" modes too that might be active but not working.

Also unsure if Naga's 310 625 Sirens Oracle even needs a nerf, just cage or "spam" like with any other special. One that might need a cooldown or rework with bounty might be the Desert Posion that make units neutral hostile?

And then a number of other things that I cant recall now as I've not played SL in ages due to reasons.
Would love to help out if possible :)

And If Element is hard to win what did you change? You destroyed the wind if I recall. Mana Gen and a few other things was changed too no? Dont recall all.

Level 6
Here are some mod options that may not be described:
-si: income comes every second (same income as it'd be by default but game become faster in general)
-hp: HP multiplier (-hp0.5 means all combat units will have half of normal HPs)
-nt: no taxes (doesnt work I guess)
-cg: adds Castle gates
-ca: enable caging
-bs: gives staff?
-srg : start gold
-srl: start lumber
-legn: start cheese
-nfr: remove new races
-balX: 0-distribute; 1-share; 2-AI (not sure if it works properly but there is code handling -bal1)

Unfortunately some of my changes werent quite elaborated and I dont play often enough to notice all imbalances.

Last edited: