• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Builder - Age of Titans V1.27

Reactions: Rebirth
Castle Builder - Age of Titans

The drums of war call once again and you are here to answer! Fight against up to 10 other players in an altered melee brawl. Summon one of thirteen legendary titans to lead your kingdom to victory!

How to Play:
Whoever is the first player will choose the game mode, then all players in the game can choose from 13 different titans and are given a builder. Build anywhere on the map-some positions are better than others. Get income and put up walls and towers to defend your base while also preparing armies to attack your enemies. Be the last player/team standing to win.
Recommended players: 4+
Select from three game modes,
-Normal: Standard game, allying and unallying enabled.(Enabled for Multiple Races)​
-FFA: Standard game, allying and unallying disabled. (Enabled for Multiple Races)​
-King: The goal is to defeat the other player's kings. Allying and unallying is enabled.​

Here are some screenshots ingame, better ones will be added.
Small battle at enemy gates.
1battle.jpg

Gates to a player's base.
1redgate.jpg

The starts of a player's base.
1bluebuilding.jpg

Game mode selection.
1selectmode.jpg

A battle with two titans.
1drendormeralon.jpg

Redid Terrain completely.
Reworked the Mage and Archmage unit to be more useful and have more offensive spells.
Changed the user interface on several things:
-Destroy Building.​
-Teleport hotkey on kings has been changed to 'T'.​
-Base placer can destroy trees.​
-Builder unit has an attack tree passive description.​
Various balances:
-Lowered duration of Archmage's invisibility spell.​
-Lowered damage of Lightning Shield by 5.​
-Increased the life of Delos Skeletons by 10 to be the same as a standard unit life.​
-Kaiin's ethereal march spell duration has been reduced to 20 seconds.​
-Updated Ferdon's exhausting heat ability.​
-Changed many titan's attack speed and damage.​
Removed the gold cap notification, it was annoying when you got to the max.
Changed the notification for when your king is under attack to only occur once every fifteen attacks.

-Increased the duration of Net Launcher on Heroes by 1 second.​
-Updated Vault of Titans to be abilities instead of selling items.​
-Reduced Ferdon's and Kamonei's movement speed to 280 instead of 340. They can fly.​
-Added 3 types of kings, you will get a random one between an intelligence, strength, or agility based hero with different abilities.​
-Updated more UI bugs and cleaned up UI.​
-Polished Terrain.​
-Fixed mage training time and archmage training time to (15/20) seconds.​
-Increased price of captains, and generals to (20/25)​
-Added an income checking system on the main objective unit/building of the game mode. This is an alternative to typing -income. That command still works.​

-Added 3 race mode, choose between Human, Elf, or Orc.
-Added Host Detector.
-Platemail upgrade in the normal version requires level 10 defense upgrade.​
-Changed spike trap model.​
-Changed training requirements for various units.​
-Changed some units costs and training times.​
-Changed the Intelligence king to have Trueshot aura instead of Brilliance​

-Enabled King Mode for Multiple Races.

-Fixed a problem with King Mode.​
-Various fixing of game mechanics.​

-Increased the favor given from combat. Buildings also now give favor when destroyed.​
-Added a multiboard with a timer and kill counter.​
-Added capability to change the gold cap.​
-Added increased favor gain option for faster games.​
-Updated the hints.​
-Polished triggers with Allying and Unallying to include colors for player names. Did this to other triggers with player names as well.​
-Fixed more problems found with King Mode.​
-Fixed errors found with some units.​

Credits
-Thanks to Wandering Soul for the Spearman model.
-Thanks to The_Silent for the Blazing Blast icon.
-Thanks to Jetfanginferno for the Grudge Aura model.
-Thanks to CRAZYRUSSIAN for the polyshot icon.
-Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for the Holy Nova icon.
-Thanks to SinisterX for the high elf building models and icons associated with them.
-Thanks to ragingspeedhorn on Hiveworkshop for Host Detector.

I'd really appreciate feedback and suggestions to make the map as enjoyable as possible! You can contact me at [email protected] or you can leave a comment below.

Get the latest version that I have released from here.

If you have any suggestions please email me or message me on the Hive!

If you cannot see the map in your map list in Wc3, try changing the name of the file in the map folder in your Wc3 folder. I personally have not experienced these problems with my map. If changing the name does not work for you, let me know.

I am looking for someone to take over the project for me as I will be unable to update shortly and would rather it did not die. If anyone is interested in continuing castle builder, email me or private message me!

Keywords:
Castle Builder, Castle, Builder, Age of Titans, Titans, Titan, Monster, Penguin, Monster_Penguin.
Contents

Castle Builder - Age of Titans V1.27 (Map)

Reviews
21:46, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 7
Most Interesting, will check in.
Edit; i cant find the flipping map, even if it is in its own seperate folder, fix please!

Last edited:
Level 3
A good map but why the money full is 5000 nia?
The reason why I put a gold cap is because I would manage to get over 67k from income and warfare that even if people destroyed my income producing buildings, it would not affect me in any way. I just want people to be able to spend their gold all throughout the game.

the death knight titan too pro
How is he too pro?

Level 3
Originally I had made it so that titan minions got the normal upgrade bonuses, but some of the titan minions such as Drendor's hydras and Delos's Skeletons would get too powerful from the 20 level upgrades so I added 5 level titan armor and attack damage upgrades. It was just to make it so they could get stronger, but not overly strong.

Level 2
i with my fren 1 vs 1 at center i using the death knight.My fren losing to my death knight,he say the death knight too imba because the skeleton can atk the people then the people die summon the skeleton againas well as the archer.the death also like this ==

Level 3
Okay. I had tried to fix the Deathknight by lowering the skeletons overall life and I gave them a negative life regeneration so they would die faster as well but then someone told me they were too weak. I'll look into balancing him more.

The Horde player is still being worked on. It is for a cooperative play mode but I cannot quite get the attack trigger to work yet, and for a while it has not been the top thing on my list to fix but I hope to get to it soon.

Last edited:
Level 22
As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 6
i'll make a real short review about this: i tried the map with orcs and these are the issues and bugs that annoyed me the most. First of you should rewrite all the hints in the game because from what im reading, they're all directed to the human players and that really was not appreciatable. And the favor gain is just plain slow for impatient players like me. you should increase the favor gain. and i noticed some typos here and there. overall pretty good 4/5 -1 point because mostly the progression in the game would take 4-5 hours.

Level 5
as with pretty much all castle builders, we have some EPIC imbalances.

#1: longbowmen and archer masses are only counterable by other rigged things
#2: siege masses are only counterable by other rigged things
#3: flying range titans simply own all melee titans, yet range mineons own all others
#4: only way to heal titan in a reasonable speed is via priest (and even then it is slow)
#5: mineons become useless very quickly once you get unit upgrades to 15+, as theirs only goes to 5, they are of little use

Level 6
Is this Map still being developed? cause it would be a shame if this map fades away just like that, since it's got so many good memories in my head with my brothers WC·3 Multiplayer times when we were still young.

And as some stated, there's imbalances, even bugs we've found (on Kings Mode, if Red Player Dies, everybody gets disconnected) n' even new stuff that we considered could be added after hours of gameplay that we shoved into this map

Is there a way to contact the developer? would love to continue his work, a labor of love for RTS