• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Captain Griffen Attach Timer Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So, i was looking for his Attach Timer Function just to discover wc3campaigns doesn't exist anymore :cry: (I've been away from war3 mapping for some months so i don't know what happened) and couldn't find it anywhere else. I've Tried to search it here but without success, can someone post it please, i need it for my map.
Thanks in advance

Level 13
hmm...well you can check out my map or this other one here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=105092 ...this was the map i got my timer from...haha i used to use a timer based on the leaderboard and i gave neutral hostile or passive or whoever gold and lumber and took it away every minute/second...fun times... yeah map making is hard man.

ppl usually don't use timers that go up but rather go down but i used to have a timer that went up and if you want it i can show it to you but i don't think you want it because it's not that good. it does look nice though.

anyway i hope that is what you are looking for, because i don't know anything about Captain Griffen.

Level 13
GhostWolf, FYI, his thread was beginning to run off the page so i bumped it. i mean yeah ten hours went by and no one replies. it still seems like nobody here who has replied knows what this person is talking about so why did you and TriggerHappy187 reply? don't tell me when I can or can't reply when you will reply with something like this. If anything you should pm me and not post a reply in the thread. at least i started talking about timers, which timer was in the thread title. all you did was reply to someone other than the original post. not very mature if you ask me.

when he said "I've been away from war3 mapping for some months so i don't know what happened" it made it sound like he needed help with SOMETHING...and since he wasn't making himself very clear I figured it would be annoying for him if nobody said anything. I really think that your post is attacking the original post more so than my post because he's the one looking for an answer and if i had said nothing he would have likely received no new information.

Level 13
in that case you can either post the algorithm since you have it, and if you don't, then apparently you don't know exactly what he's talking about so in my book there isn't alot of difference between your position and mine.

if you think about it, you're making it sound like you know of an algorithm that you have access to that he can have that is similiar to the Gaptain Griffen one. if that's the case, you should give it to him.

it's like, if someone asked for the timer for my map or the masterhaosis timer and someone only had one or the other, but they are similiar things, then the person should post it.

when you say "i have no idea why he needs exactly that one"...it makes it sound like you have one that is very similiar. so why not post it? you make it sound like you don't want to help the original post.

Level 7
hey hey people chill down, it's still xmas time :) only now i had the time to check the post and i thought wc3c (where the algorithm was, couldn't find it on Hive) was put down forever, i've tried several times to open the site but it kept giving me an error. Now it's working again and i found it istantly. When i stopped working on my map (like some months ago, i was just going to study that function and see how i could use it for my map, i want that one because i already know how it works, less or more). Thanks everyone for your efforts anyway :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.