• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Canyon of the Blood River

Created by SpasMaster:

A melee map for 2 players with medium size including:
1.Total of six gold mines
2.Medium amount of Lumber
3.Nine creep camps
4.Bridges
5.Four Fountains
6.Two Goblin Merchants
7.One Tavern
8.Barrens tileset.

Info:

Your main base will run out of lumber relativley fast. The natural expansion is low on lumber, but the third one is litteraly a forest. Controlling the center of the map, gives you control and heals your units. The distance between both players is pretty big, making rush strategies harder to execute.

Rate and comment. Constructive feedback appreciated. Have fun...

Keywords:
Melee, Map, Barrens, Centaur, Canyon, River, Blood.
Previews
Contents

Canyon of the Blood River (Map)

Reviews
11:37, 18th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Updated as requested Kobas. :wink:

-There were two creep camps where one mob dropped 2 items. Fixed.
-Two fountains have been removed in the center. All units guarding those fountains have been kept on their place. The other two fountains are unguarded.
-Doodads that blocked pathing in the two main bases removed.
-The natural expansion for both players is now less guarded.

Hope it's ok now :)

Moderation

Created by $M ; Uploaded by: spasorc
Changes are made, map look awesome now!
I didn't wanted to bother you because it's ok in your map (won't explain why), but in future try to place trees next to each other (remove empty space between them where small units can hide).

Really good job dude, map approved have a nice day :thumbs_up:
Map status: Approved

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's kind of impossible to have two opposing waterfalls when the water has to come from the places the waterfalls discharge.

Minor thing: the Fountain of Health is nearer to the northern player.

Lack of neutral hostile units. There are only centaurs.

Level 3
It's kind of impossible to have two opposing waterfalls when the water has to come from the places the waterfalls discharge.

Minor thing: the Fountain of Health is nearer to the northern player.

Lack of neutral hostile units. There are only centaurs.

I agree with deepstrasz, SpasMaster. The map is great and enjoyable but there are only centaurs, units hard to kill. Would be great if you would add more neutral ones, probably more greens; low level ones, as the ones placed on the firsts mines are lvl 8 centaurs with anhk of life on them. Maybe one or two more groups of low level mobs per player, would balance the map a bit.

Mobs are hard but nice items they drop though.

Great map either way!

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I happened to realize that I had this thing collecting dust for the past 10 years, so I decided to simply bring it up to 2020 standards:

- Cleaned empty gaps between trees.
- Added 1 Green and 1 Yellow camp.
- Made the exiting Green camp easier to kill.
- Added 2 Goblin Merchants.

This is old and outdated by all means, but wanted to make sure that at least it follows modern rules and is playable.