• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't see some model's in-game but can see in world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Does any1 know the possible reason for this? Or how to fix it? I tried reinstalling warcraft but that did not seem to work. The game I was working on I could see spell effects, then just one day something happened and I can only see some effects but not all effects. . . I checked in game the details in video settings and they are all set to high/on so that can't be it, and now I dont know what to do o.o

Any help would be appreciated!

Level 5
I had a similar problem. With mine, I even had a couple default Warcraft 3 default heroes not loading into the game! It was crazy!

In my situation, the map somehow got corrupted. This does occur and no one knows why. I had to go back to a back up copy of the map and redo much work. That is how I got it fixed.

I see no way to fix your issue unless you go back to an older back up of your map. If you have no back up, I would start a new map and just cut and paste the terrain, units, triggers, etc. over.

Hopefully someone has a better idea. But I found none in my situation.

Level 3
Hmm, I am still not totally sure, I was thinking that for some reason also, because once when I decided to optimise my map, it got stuck because something was corrupted and I did from backup much work to redo it, with this though, for one gui spell I use like the doomdeath model/effect and it shows, but then with another spell I use it and no I can't see it, but then I ask people when I test my map if they see it and they do, VERY strange, what i've been doing now is just re-editing the spells that I can't see to new ones lol

Status
Not open for further replies.