• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone remove part of this Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello guys,

found a good stone-shield effect but there is one part of the model that doesn't fit. Its the blue area thing in there :)
Another thing would be to maybe reduce the speed of the stones a little bit.
I got it from wc3-maps.ru and Idk how to reach the modelmaker... so anyway can someone do that?

The model is in the attachment :)

Attachments

• Magnetic Missile.mdx
    8.4 KB · Views: 83
Level 26
Open it with Magos, >Windows >Material Manager, call the context menu of materials by right-click >Edit, same with the listed layers that appear. In the new window, check the used texture on the right top, if it's something like "SpellArea", that's the graphic for this blue circle. Set its alpha to 0 or Texture to None. You may still have to switch to a filter mode that allows alpha/does not display an opaque surface on default.

This obviously does not remove the part from the model technically but it's an easy way to make it invisible without having to fiddle with the mesh, geosets etc.

Level 6
But it will take same space?
Hoped for a filesize reducing ^^

I wonder why nobody does such an easy job... I mean it's easy for a modelmaker like 3minutes... rly distrust the kindness of hivers... >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.