1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Campaign Screen Grunt

Submitted by Zerox
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Okay here is the Grunt from the Campaign Screen like this:

[​IMG]

Grunt Timeline:

Step 1:

[​IMG]

Step 2:

[​IMG]

Step 3:

[​IMG]

Step 4:

[​IMG]

Step 5:

[​IMG]

Step 6:

[​IMG]

Step 7:

[​IMG]

Step 8:

[​IMG]

Step 8a:

[​IMG]

Its done and usable I just would like to add the decay bones but I'm not sure how to do so can anyone help with this?

Also I'd like to say thank you to Elenai for seeing me through this project. It was a fun model to do and fairly simple. Please give credits if used.

Update: Head no longer grows huge when using spell animation. Fixed by dickxunder. :thumbs_up:

Update 2: Okay added sound effects and foot print effects to the model. Should work great now. :grin:

Keywords:
Grunt, Campaign, Zerox, Orc, High, Poly, Detail, Cool
Contents

Campaign Screen Grunt (Model)

Reviews
09:02, 6th Jan 2009 General Frank: Fix the hair of the grunt. Right now it used the helm texture. Please do this. 23rd Jan 2009 Pyritie: What hair...? Also, add a death sound event object. 24th Jan 2009 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.
  1. Fisher621

Fisher621

Resources:
    Resources:
    axe + bigger = Better

2. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why? Then it looks disproportional? Its fine as is in my opinion. :huh:

3. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So in mine.

4. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lol it does not cause a lag, well it depends on your pc and you should know that so called first lag is because you did not preload model in game that's why you receive little lag (in other words this model does not lag at all)

This comment is not understandable 'you gotta fix it', fix what? since model works fine i am not sure what should be fixed even if i am not the creator of this model! So please tell exactly what do you think should be fixed!

Since you don't see it different texture 100% with same animations but if you don't see any different's i am not sure how to help you!

Nice to hear how would you like it more, but i think it will stay this way since its acceptable this way and size matches well if you ask me!

Thats what the name of this model says 'Campaign Screen Grunt' if you can't understand it must be the same as "old campaign grunt" since the name of this model would be fake, so as it really is campaign grunt it matches the name and result!

I hope you understand now!

5. Archangel_Tidusx

Archangel_Tidusx

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe I would have understood had you replied earlier.
    AND as far as I can see, the orc picture at the top APPEEARS to have the same texture as the Campaign Screen orc.

Adding an alpha layer to the texture doesn't make it "different texture 100%"

Finally, my last post wasn't a comment on the name of the model, but rather the composition of the model.

"Hope you understand now!" =]

6. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The reason it appears to have the same texture is because it is the same texture. >.>

7. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    lol I thought everyone knew that. XD I think the only notable difference is that the axe is in the left hand, and it is rigged to the grunt anims. :p

8. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lol i thought its 100% different texture from original grunt not campaign one ofc it is not 100% different texture from campaign one like varsaigen said axe is in different hand.

And np i understand what you mean but i thought that your comments are somewhat of funny so i replayed in that way as well!

"Hope you get it!" :]

9. Ryuthedragon

Ryuthedragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useful model, but the stand animation look strange

10. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats just how it came out when transferred. The bones don't match up perfectly but they are close.

11. Karaterat

Karaterat

Resources:
    Resources:
    High poly count therefore only like 1 of these bad boys will be used...either way, most sharpest model ive seen in a while! i hope you can make the team color, and possible a hero glow, and extract other campaign screen units! their such good quility! anyways nice! job

12. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I'm glad you like it. Team Color Version has been made but it won't be added until they I get this one approved then I'll make a pack.

13. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please no hero glow.. if you do make a separate upload with maybe more changes, maybe add on or take off some of the features. Actually... Add in another axe on the other hand =)

Also you should make a Fel orc one, with more spikes on the shoulder, and on chin.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  14. jadegolem

jadegolem

Resources:
    Resources:
    =3 Now we need an archer and the troll and the human guy. we also need the blood elf, the arthas dude, the death knight, and the high poly shield in the campaign backround of ROC. now we also need all of the high poly models plz T_T... question mark?

15. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't even know if some of those mentioned exist. XD Death Knight?

16. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just view the campaign, race by race =3

17. jarri

jarri

Resources:
    Resources:
    well not a bad model (though mostly by blizzard) but good job and not too much filesize either ^^

18. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    he means the arthas camapign, i think
    that or the lich for undead

this might be cool with beast master anims :p if u did the double axe anyways

19. deathchikin

deathchikin

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey GJ man its awesome

20. Cyberlemons

Cyberlemons

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not the best at World Editor stuff, but this model in my opinion is really good, i'd use this over the older grunt any day. I say 5/5