1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Campaign (Patch 1.31) - Fallen Kingdoms v2.0.1

Submitted by Son of War
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
>> What would have happened if Illidan Stormrage had managed to complete his spell in the ruins of Dalaran and had destroyed the Frozen Throne with the Eye of Sargeras?

>> Next Update (Coming soon):

We have been preparing a complete overhaul of the two current campaigns, the end result will be a single campaign in which the story will develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept will remain the same, there will be many differences in terms of character models, skills of the heroes, side quests and narrative of the campaign. Some phases will be removed and others will be added.

The events of the first and second parts will occur at the same time, so many things will be different, so that the campaign will jump between missions with Kael and missions with Sylvanas.

Finally, it will be this campaign that leads to the final part of this alternate warcraft story.

This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, I hope you can replay it as soon as it is up and that the improvement is noticed.

By merging the two campaigns into one, as soon as it updates, I will remove the second part.

> Name: Fallen Kingdoms
> Version: 2.0.1
> Race: Blood Elf/Human
> Main Hero: Kael'thas
> Difficulty: Normal
> Approximate Duration: 3 hours
> Author: Son of War
> Game: Warcraft III Classic
> Context: This campaign modifies what happened in Chapter Seven "The Ruins of Dalaran" of the Night Elves campaign (The Frozen Throne)

>> Update History:
> v1.1
- Review and improvement of the lighting and weather effects of all the campaign maps.

> v1.2
- Added Prologue.
- Added Interlude.

> v1.3
- Added Apotheosis.

> v2.0
- For this version I have had to redo much of the campaign from scratch.
- I have eliminated what was previously chapter one, because I think it did not contribute anything and it became somewhat tedious.
- Added one more interlude.
- The difficulty has been adapted, so that each chapter is a little more difficult than the last.
- All dialogues have been rewritten (my mother language is not English so it is very difficult for me).
- Experience rates have also been adjusted, following the mechanics that the hero level is not limited and depends on the player.

> v2.0.1
- Initial units of the first mission modified. Two more units have been added and have been updated to make the progress smoother and less tedious. Necromancers have also been updated so that their spells can now be stolen with the Spellbreakers.

> Prologue - The Fall of the King
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter One - Dalaran Ruins
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Two - Great Archive
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Interlude - Forbidden Power
[​IMG]

> Chapter Three - Stratholme
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Four - The Last Defense
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Interlude - Alliance
[​IMG]

> Chapter Five - Red Death
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Six - Lordaeron
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Seven - Balnazzar
[​IMG]

> Apotheosis - Fallen Kingdoms
[​IMG]

Any opinion, advice or error in the campaign, I will be grateful if you let us know.

Regards.
Contents

Fallen Kingdoms (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler]...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked.

1. -OK, you had me with those levers behind the gates to their side. I thought something was wrong at first.
    2. -Fireball's description mentions two level 3s.
    3. -good that you've put those fountains otherwise this would have been time wastingly boring.

1. -this needs more gameplay variation as you basically do the same thing. Was expecting a phase two to be honest. Enemies are not tough in the end and they don't help each other if they are not "revealed".

1. -it's Dagren not Dragen. Same in that interlude.
    2. -stuff for hero's mana regeneration? OK, you can heal him with the troll priests but that's about it. That can work for a while since Disease is basically not letting you regenerate between waves.
    3. -that first wave though... the pit lord
    4. -generally, the player is handicapped by food and unit types. Mercenaries don't get armour and weapon boni, they're expensive and take a lot of food.
    5. -and you'd expect players to actually kill those neutral hostile camps? At least the shop is somewhat close.
    6. -below minute ten you start to run out of gold.
    7. -from what I'm seeing, you like making the chapters be very tight that some mistakes could have you start over.

1. -yet another general melee map with no custom implementations aside from the enemy hero being a stronger dreadlord.
    2. -why no score screen after these maps?

1. -I guess Varimathras was an idiot and did not send notice to Balnazzar?
    2. -the two doors should open separately when their respective switches are lowered; otherwise it's a bit confusing.
    3. -minibosses are just stronger units. Nothing special about them. Could use some creativity as the chapter is mostly killing units on the map which can be done with your two heroes alone.

1. -why make another chapter when the map is the same?
    2. -the fight against Balnazzar is kind of laughable especially when you can just fast kill him and the rest dies with him.
    3. -the difficulty of the battle vs the possessed Magroth depends on what items you put on him.

It's heavily dependent on Warcraft III material and the gameplay doesn't quite help it much either but I guess... ultimately, it's not that bad, borderline substandard though.

Approved.

(previous comments: Campaign (Patch 1.31) - Fallen Kingdoms v2.0.1)

You should ask for your other approved stuff to be undeleted, Myvrea.

2. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really agree quite a bit in the analysis, I don't agree on everything but I don't have anything remarkable to add or discuss. I will solve some small errors, like the name.

We have been discussing things very similar to the ones you have mentioned, that is why we have not published the third part, we try not to fall into the same errors and make it better than the previous two.

Thanks for your time.

I do not understand what you're referring to.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Legend of Mikokoro.

4. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did not participate in that campaign. It is my partner who decides, and if it were up to him, we would not upload anything to the forum.

5. fengyun7791

fengyun7791

Resources:
    Resources:
    Halo, I want to ask why patch 1.29 cannot play the game??

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    versio.png

7. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any chance you can upgrade (or downgrade i guess) For this to work on 1.29?

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Drake53 knows how to do it since mappers can't simply do it without editing the maps with an .mpq editor changing a or some files within.
    If he would do a tutorial on it, I think this could be also done by users in the future.
    Note, that it doesn't always work. It's dependable on game version feature uses. If some new natives from a newer patch are used, then downgrading the map to an older patch version might cause the map not to function anymore.

9. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    The maps use CAMERA_FIELD_NEARZ, which was introduced in 1.30, and CAMERA_FIELD_LOCAL_PITCH/YAW/ROLL, which were introduced in 1.31, so they are not compatible with 1.29.
    However, since they only seem to be called in auto-generated code (pre-placed cameras) with their default values, there should be no consequences to simply removing these lines.

The campaign has been updated recently (a month ago), so I'm assuming the author can take care of making it compatible with 1.29, but if you need my help just let me know.

10. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry but currently I do not have time to dedicate to this project, I will not be able to update anything for another two or three months. I am sorry that you cannot play it, anyway I do not think it is worth the effort, although if any user wants to do it and upload it on their own, they have my permission.

Sorry for the inconvenience, regards.

11. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    This version should be compatible with 1.29, though I only have 1.31 so I can't test it myself.

Attached Files:

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't open it in the campaign editor and can't see it in the custom campaign screen on 1.29, sadly.

13. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's unfortunate. I think it may be caused by the .w3x headers. Since I think 1.31 you can save maps as folders so those are no longer needed. But on older patches I guess it's still mandatory, and my code doesn't generate them. I checked a 1.29 campaign and the .w3n also has a header, don't know if it's the same as .w3x, so still need to do a bit of research before I attempt to adapt this campaign for 1.29 again.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  14. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should work for real this time.

Attached Files:

15. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    The title is showing TRIGSTR_001

And its crashing when i choose it.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can confirm
    fkcrash.png

In the editor this is the error:
    error.png

17. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird, I did not touch the .wts file and it works on 1.31. I did read about a .wts file having some invisible token at the start, that's most likely the cause somehow. I'll do a bit more research and compare some .wts files, see if I can find a pattern.
    EDIT: First three bytes of .wts files seems to always be 239, 187, 191, this is the case for both this campaign and another one I checked that was made for 1.29, so that can't be the cause. Basically, I have no idea why it doesn't work.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try replacing the 1.31.1 .wts with another from a 1.29 campaign with Ladik's MPQ editor, if that helps.

Editing doesn't send notifications.

19. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    I looked up the bytes, they're just the BOM for UTF-8, nothing special.

I think if would be easier if you try fixing it yourself, since you can test it in 1.29. In addition to replacing the .wts, you can also try removing the files. Note that most map files in the campaign also have this file. I don't know if Ladik's MPQ editor can display files in nested archives, so might be easier to use my map adapter tool in that case. You can right-click a file and select 'remove' in the context menu.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Removed the campaign .wts file and got
    erro.png erro2.png

How it looks ingame:
    erro3.png
    Crashes when I want to start a map.

Also removed all the .wts from the maps. Same thing.
    After opening the campaign again in the program, the .wts files are there again.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020