Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Campaign (Patch 1.31) - Fallen Kingdoms v2.0.1

Submitted by Son of War
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
>> What would have happened if Illidan Stormrage had managed to complete his spell in the ruins of Dalaran and had destroyed the Frozen Throne with the Eye of Sargeras?

>> Next Update (Coming soon):

We have been preparing a complete overhaul of the two current campaigns, the end result will be a single campaign in which the story will develop in a somewhat different way, although the concept will remain the same, there will be many differences in terms of character models, skills of the heroes, side quests and narrative of the campaign. Some phases will be removed and others will be added.

The events of the first and second parts will occur at the same time, so many things will be different, so that the campaign will jump between missions with Kael and missions with Sylvanas.

Finally, it will be this campaign that leads to the final part of this alternate warcraft story.

This update has been made based on the advice received of the map reviewer and some players, I hope you can replay it as soon as it is up and that the improvement is noticed.

By merging the two campaigns into one, as soon as it updates, I will remove the second part.

> Name: Fallen Kingdoms
> Version: 2.0.1
> Race: Blood Elf/Human
> Main Hero: Kael'thas
> Difficulty: Normal
> Approximate Duration: 3 hours
> Author: Son of War
> Game: Warcraft III Classic
> Context: This campaign modifies what happened in Chapter Seven "The Ruins of Dalaran" of the Night Elves campaign (The Frozen Throne)

>> Update History:
> v1.1
- Review and improvement of the lighting and weather effects of all the campaign maps.

> v1.2
- Added Prologue.
- Added Interlude.

> v1.3
- Added Apotheosis.

> v2.0
- For this version I have had to redo much of the campaign from scratch.
- I have eliminated what was previously chapter one, because I think it did not contribute anything and it became somewhat tedious.
- Added one more interlude.
- The difficulty has been adapted, so that each chapter is a little more difficult than the last.
- All dialogues have been rewritten (my mother language is not English so it is very difficult for me).
- Experience rates have also been adjusted, following the mechanics that the hero level is not limited and depends on the player.

> v2.0.1
- Initial units of the first mission modified. Two more units have been added and have been updated to make the progress smoother and less tedious. Necromancers have also been updated so that their spells can now be stolen with the Spellbreakers.

> Prologue - The Fall of the King
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter One - Dalaran Ruins
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Two - Great Archive
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Interlude - Forbidden Power
[​IMG]

> Chapter Three - Stratholme
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Four - The Last Defense
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Interlude - Alliance
[​IMG]

> Chapter Five - Red Death
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Six - Lordaeron
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

> Chapter Seven - Balnazzar
[​IMG]

> Apotheosis - Fallen Kingdoms
[​IMG]

Any opinion, advice or error in the campaign, I will be grateful if you let us know.

Regards.
Contents

Fallen Kingdoms (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
First of all, sorry for that game cache issue. I did not have any idea it was the profile I was playing as that caused the problems. Upon changing the profile to a new one, the game cache worked. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler]...
  1. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yea i do not feel so bad now cause i did not see those at all. I had to stand on a certain spot for the vision to even show the levers

2. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, it was a little mischief that occurred to me, I hope it was not very annoying. I'm just trying to make the player feel that he doesn't have a perfectly marked path to follow, you know, that you have to investigate and well, sometimes he gets stuck at one point. Although it is never too complex, it is not very funny to spend an hour hanging around without knowing what to do.

Greetings and I hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign, anything, do not hesitate to comment ;)

3. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    How am I supposed to do the Detheroc boss battle in chapter 1? I'm pretty sure I found all the tomes and items so I'm level 3, but the 2 spellbreakers you have get taken from you, and he's level 10 with mana burn and vampiric aura

4. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's very simple, Detheroc takes a few seconds to attack, when I make him hit him with the fire skill, move out of his range and when he comes back for you, hit him again, once again move out of range and see go for a mana rune, hit it again with skill and go for the second mana rune, by then it should be dead or almost dead, in the worst case you can finish it off by hitting it directly using the healing runes.

Greetings, I hope you defeat him soon.

5. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I actually just beat the campaign. Hope you make a sequel, the story was good

6. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm glad you liked it, in principle if there will be a continuation. If this campaign is liked by the community and has some support.

Thank you very much for playing, greetings.

7. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am very very interested to try this campaign and to know the story concept behind this fan campaign, especially with regards to Illidan, my fave WC hero.

Sadly, it is another campaign made on 1.31 editor so i wouldn't able to play it...

8. krawg

krawg

Resources:
    Resources:
    didint even finish first map i wonna say one of the worst just 0 fun 0 reward 0 stroy u got a boss with 2 units and u go around killing mobs typical just killing and more boring killing suffering with 3 units sensless terain was bad it was overall not apelling at all sorry but u need to improve alot of things

9. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, thanks for playing, even if it was only 10 minutes, regards ;)

10. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    What was updated?

11. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nothing, why do you say it?

12. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got a notification saying you updated the bundle

13. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Surely it was something that I changed in the post, but I have not updated anything about the campaign. At the moment, except to solve some bug, I will not update any more. Regards.

14. Regeneration

Regeneration

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting. Later I will check it out

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. -the summoners freeze animation after they play their cast one. You could use queue animation and play stand right after.
    2. -Furion just ran!? Imagine if he'd done that during the War of the Ancients.
    3. -also, why should have Illidan be protected/unaffected?
    4. -since Kael's spells are basically a mix of Warcraft III ones, his original would have been better. But Spell Breakers have the same. The ones that aren't available for this mission should have been disabled.
    5. -that blue zombie ambush is insane when you meet the necro and two ghouls. You've got too few units to properly win that. At least not until you realize one of the ghouls drops a rune of restoration. But if you go east instead and kill the zombies, others won't appear when going south.
    6. -feels like killing troops on the map. Has that Orcs & Humans/Warcraft II no base campaign maps that get tiring very quickly because of monotony and trial and error. So generally, this level feels like a chore.
    7. -Mana Shield instead of the mana regeneration ability. Right as if you have enough mana to use that or if it'd be better than the Firebolt.
    8. -if you think many people will waste time running and gunning those Abominations...
    9. -Okay is such a medieval word.
    10. -Detheroc the stunned, also returning or stopping midway towards Kael.
    Chapter two started without Kael. Starting the chapter from the start via the campaign menu screen doesn't help either. Check your game cache.
    Playing it on 1.31.1.

Reminisces of maps made by a user named Mvyrea.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Shar Dundred
    Paillan
    Alexen
    eubz
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

16. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The truth is that I just ran out of what to do, I have been checking the cache of the game and even, I played it again to see what was happening, and the hero loads me in chapter 2 without any problem (v1.31.1). So I have no idea what may have happened so that it doesn't work for you, in any case I will continue investigating to see.

EDIT: I still do not know what may have happened, I have changed the save code and modified the order of action of the triggers. I have tried it and it works for me. Try again... the truth is that I am quite puzzled by this.

PS: Use tricks for the first mission, so you don't have to go through it again xD

1 - I will review the animations.
    2 - Furion has always been a coward xD ok no, but Illidan had the Eye of Sargeras, that's scary, no?
    4 - I just changed it, now they are updated.
    5 - Yes, I know it is complicated if you continue south, I have added two more units to try that it is not so... laborious.
    6 - I will see if I can implement some changes in the future that change that.
    7 - Restricting mana recovery to level five was something I did to balance the hero's power scale in the first few missions. It may have been a mistake.
    8 - Okay... that hurt xD
    10 - Come on man, a little understanding xD look here there was a problem, we wanted the hero to be at level 10 because putting Detheroc at a lower level was a bit strange, so that's why we had to make him a little fool :p

That is because there are two people who are doing these campaigns, and one of those people is the person that user had.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It gets better later on due to many Runes of Restoration but that starts happening after you meet the first two Abominations.
    You can just make a run through to the northeast and get them one by one, the Abominations, I mean.

Also, Spell Breakers have mana and the Spell Steal ability but don't have any chance to use it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  18. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, honestly, I don't know what to do, that is, it works for me. I changed the code to prevent it from loading an old cache, I tested it and it loads fine. I don't understand why it doesn't work for you :S

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beats me. I tested another campaign to make sure and for that one the game cache worked.
    Gonna try once more shortening the name of the campaign to something like FK.

Make cinematic scenes skippable, at least interludes (full cinematic maps).

EDIT: nothing the same :\ Gonna try the "edited/updated" version.

EDIT2: Just tried it again with cheats and the same issue happens...
    What did you update?

Make sure the cache triggers work in the end.
    I activated the first two circles in the west before going to the magic wall and getting the message about and circle locations, then activated the remaining ones in the east; if that helps.

EDIT3: sadly, even with the update, the same thing :\

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  20. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The idea of that spell was to be able to steal the spells of the necromancers, the problem was that they were not updated, now they are.