• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Machinewars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Introduction
Hi there,
I'm currently creating a custom campaign themed in a SciFi universe roughly 150-200 years in our future.
Here I will post the corners, my projekt is focused on. I hope you will enjoy the lecture and give me your opinion, so I can improve uppon my concept. (please note, that i won't change any basics)​

Status
Concept
Units: ||||||||||
Structures: ||||||||||
Abilities: ||||||||||
Upgrades: ||||||||||
'
Creation
Units: ||||||||||
Structures: ||||||||||
Abilities: ||||||||||
Upgrades: ||||||||||

Links
HiveWorkShop
Thread: [THREAD=31787][request] Models[/THREAD] (Cyberbabe, FIrstAid Kit, Construction Kit)
Thread: [THREAD=31759][preview] Campaign & Loading Screen[/THREAD]​

Story - Timeline
2030Neural Interface Developed
The connection between machine and mind has been established.
2031Internet Collapse
Due to new methods and faster input possibility, a group of hackers managed to create the ultimate virus.
Even though only ment for protection of the own network, it excaped and spread over the whole internet, killing the hardware of each and every computer it came by after a couble of minutes.
The Result was a worldwide economic collapse.

2035Re-Creation
From the dust of the terminated internet emerged a new newtwork - the NN (NeuroNet)
2038Cybertech
by using the Neural Interface to control mechanical components, a new age begun: the cyberage.
Having the possibility to control any machine pluged into once own brain, allowed many disabled persons to get a new feelingfor life.
Of course, the military had some small use for this as well...

2041Overpopulation
The worlds population reched 9.000.000.000 People. The worlds nations start looking for a way to cough with so many people.
2045Genesis Projekt
The USA, Europe and Japan came together and decided to find a way to colonice other planets. The Genesis Projetk came into live.
The aim was to create self-reproducing robots, cabale of stand alone operation on other worlds, preparing them for human life conditions.

2051Black Out
You get arrested and put into cyrostais ("to allow cure once possible") for insubordination, resulting in the death of a superior officer. Also the Genesis Projekt seemd successfull - the moon-colonisation has started. (First robots were successfully send there and seemed to operate as predicted)
2143Awakening
You get woken up...

Story - Comment
Thats when the game starts. I won't tell any more than I already did about the worlds history. Starting from here comes the usuall: you are the only one cabable of saving the entire world, bla blub - like I said: the usuall.
Or is there a difference? ...

It's for you to find out.
What i want from you know is, to help me finishing this campaign. Below is a (quite huge, I know) list of stuff i need. Please, if you can create or do any of them - tell me. You will get credits if I take your piece of work. But be aware: my expectations on quality are quite high. (even though I can't allways fullfill them myself)​

Human Gameplay
The humans in my campaign focus on staying hiddin and are living underground. This means, that many of their units are either stealthed or having underground moving capabilities.
It also means, that all buildings 'grow' from subterran. In order to archieve maximum effectivity, mankind tried to modularize as much as possible, beeing able to quickly adapt to any situation. That means, that their bases consist of a main structure, capable of most function (production, training, ressource gathering) but only on a very basic level.
In order to expand the base, one needs to create additional externale 'modules' pluged into the base via (indestructible) underground connection.

Requests

People
Terrainer
  • neXor
Modeller
  • neXor
Images
  • Interface
    I need the entire interface for the humans as well as for the machines. The humans focus on a (clean looking) mix of gentech and cybertech (cybertech only the hero).
    The human interface should be based on silver, with organic green inlays and a few blue pulsing power (thin)pipes/cables or something like that. Blue is used for any powered object, while green is the autonom, organic stuff.
    In oposite to this, the machine interface should be based on a black organic metall (quite much like the stuff from Aliens, but more metallic) mixed with orange/red crystals that pulse from within.
Models

Units
  • Biosoldier
    A genetically modified soldier, who, thanks to the modifications, is fited for fast paced combat, wearing only a very light armor (mor like a bodysuit) and no weapon (the weapon gets attached).
    The colors should be like those of the human interface. (see 'Interface' above)
  • Bioagent
    Like the biosoldier, but with black instead of silver as base color and maybe even less armored.
  • Biohacker
    Like the agent, but with many more blue (power) parts on the suit.

Changelog
  • 26th of March 07
    Restructured this post for better readability​
  • 27th of Match 07
    Added first-version-handout (concept only)

Attachments

• handout.pdf
    504.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Level 6
1st: Thanks for replay
2nd: I do not require all the things i listed above. But a good part of them would help me greatly as it adds a lot to the campaigns flair & atmosphere. I'm currently creating the campaign with wc3 internal models, or models I found somewhere already (though they only come near what i want - they never hit it...)
3ed: I'm not telling the exact look of each of these models by purpose. If the name of any of them sounds good, and someone might want to do it, i'll happily tell that person the specifics of that model. But if i tell the specifics of each model right now, my post would be 3x as large as it is now and much of the fun of the campaign would be spoiled. Therefore: tell me if you can do any of these resources and have a particular interest in any of them. I'll tell you what I thought about them.

Level 4
As in every Project, I'll try to help you as much as I can!... Terraineing or simple Model design are some work I`m able to do!

But I think, that Mechanical Man is right, with his statement...
There are way too much models you need...
and without you custom models, the campaign wont be that attractive then otherwise!

but I'll do my very best to help you with your project!
greetings neX

Level 6
I started today with writing a small handout for the campaign, containing unit lists, background information (with no, or near no spoilers - only pre-campaign and general information)
I'll also put in there, a complete list of all required models, including animation and attachment point lists and images, wherever i find something close to my imagination.

Don't judge this a final version - I just wanted to start things, so I can advance.

Link
pdf.gif
handhout.pdf (504.5 KB)

Last edited:
Level 6
The two sides you'll see during the tech demo I'm trying to create will be human (cyborg, you) vs human (biotech, them)

in the later campaign you'll play the human (biotech) in a more advanced version. Your enemy will vary: human (cyborg) which have splintered and are quite much like NOD in CnC - an underground movement. But they are clearly dying out - it's to expensive and to risky to use implants in the currents wars state. The other (mayor) opponent you'll have to face are machines. I'm not telling who controls the machines, whether they are controlled at all, or whether it was an accident that they came to (military active) life or purpose is the campaigns task to show.

But this much i'll say: there will be the chance to a second part ^^

I have a problem with publishing any ingame related information. If I do, much of the campaigns fun in discovering new and unexpected tech will be spoiled. But if I don't, I won't get the models and stuff that I need to make this campaign a success...

I hope you can understand that I'll only publish as few information as possible, considering this background. Whenever someone thinks he/she might help with any kind of resource, just PM me or post here. Best with some hints or descriptions of the kind of resource you want/can make. I'll give you a (detailed) choice of a few still required resources that match those descriptions.

- Raszul

So a kind of Sci-fi CnC styled gameplay and story? I like it :thumbs_up:

I was making a campaign of this style, but I failed :sad: if you want I can show my shit if you are interested. :bored: I hope your project will be finished.

I can help you if I will have no other things. Maybe I will throw random stuff, when I will have a feeling. :coolgrunt: And I will be glad to be a tester.

You can ask for hosting this project on this site, it looks promising.

Anyway, your homepage is not working, can you repair it, or you lost it? You can host your project also there.

P.S. I would expect from you something about vampires or demons or another gothic theme :grin::grin:

Level 6
1st - Thanks for continuously replying. I will gladly appreciate any help I can get. Please contact me via ICQ or Mail, so we can talk about my ideas more detailed without spoiling surprise for the rest ^^

2nd - My Homepage is, as this project, a work in progress. Atm I do not have the spare time to create it, but starting this Friday I have 2 weeks holidays. Hopefully I can archive some improvements, either for the campaign, my homepage or my RPG-Group. Or several of them.

3ed - I have planned on doing a rework of the favorite werewolf/Vampire maps. Including my own thoughts upon those themes as well as some new methods and ways of playing that ^^ - maybe I'll be doing that project as a mix with the "Murder in the Village" stuff... - dunno - What I DO know is, that that project will have to wait until I at least created all the object data and storyline and such for the campaign and released at least a tech demo.

4th - I'm unsure whether to create the tech demo for my campaign as MP-Map or as the first map of my campaign... Please state your opinion (all of you)

- Raszul

Level 6
It is still alive, but i have to learn for my A-Levels at the moment. Which means i have no much time for mapping. Besides that, I've been on a LAN recently (in the last free time i granted myself). On that LAN i've got asked to start a small death match map... Got it already to 70% on that LAN, no much update since then. for the same reasons, but I'm trying to finish that piece of cake of before continuing with the campaign. (besides: my designer - neXor - got a hold on creating interfaces and might actually create one for the DM map, and two for the campaign (Human, Machine - maybe a third for the Rebells or such... dunno)

I hope this little background info helps you to continue to belive in the success full completion of this campaign.

I'll upload the death match map as soon as i finished it.

- Raszul

Status
Not open for further replies.