• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Item Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hello everyone,
I am making a campaign that has a completely new lore universe and the name of the campaign is "Guardians of Xar'aysia : The fall of an Empire" U can find the story of my campaign at the Story boarding forum under the artist's discussion category, I need to know what you all want to see in my campaign,

Currently I want some good Item Ideas. here some things that an Item's idea must have:-

Name of the Item :

Category :
(common, uncommon, rare, artifact, mythical, legendary, immortal, divine)

Story of the Item: (Optional)

Function of the Item (what it does) : ex- bash, +3 str

All the helpers will get +rep and their name in the campaign's credit list.

I also want to know what kind of heroes, terrain, spells etc u want to see in the campaign. So u can give me some suggestions on those too. However my heroes list is complete but I can add some optional heroes If anyone wants. So for the Idea of the Hero here are some key points :-

1. Name of the Hero
2. Role in game (like support, tanker, carry etc.)
3.Primary attribute (str, agi, int )
4.base element/type (example: fire, water, earth, thunder, arcane, spirit, dark, paladin, ice, others etc.)
5.Proper names (opt.) :
6.Spells (custom,optional):

Level 21
Name of the Item:Amulet of the Spire

Category:Rare

Story of the Item :This amulet made of a strange black material which slightly glows black is given to members of the Onyx Spire,a shadowy guild of Shadow creature assassins and thieves,upon entering the guild through a Rite of Passing.This amulet is said to greatly increase the wearer's stealth abilities

Function of the Item:+8 agility,10% critical hit and evasion chance,5% attack speed

Name of Hero:Onyx Spire Assassin

Role in game:DPS Rouge

Primary attribute:Agility

Base Element:Dark

Proper Names:Draug,Agror,Bashator,Rommakesh,Tru'gash,Auxil

Spells:

Swift Strike

The Onyx Spire Assassin strikes faster and has a chance to deal extra damage for a certain time

Lvl 1:10% faster,20% chance for 15% percent extra damage
Lvl 2:15% faster,15% chance for 25% percent extra damage
Lvl 3:20% faster,10% chance for 35% percent extra damage

Blink Strike

The Onyx Spire Assassin has chance to blink behind a target and deal double damage

Lvl 1:10% chance
Lvl 2:20% chance
Lvl 3:30% chance

Curse of the Shadow

The shadows them self comes to the aid of the Onyx Spire Assassin as they corrupt the victim,damaging them and causing them to miss some attacks

Lvl 1:150 damage,5% chance to miss attacks for 10 seconds
Lvl 2:200 damage,10% chance to miss attacks for 15 seconds
Lvl 3:250 damage,15% chance to miss attacks for 20 seconds

Backstap

The Assassin uses his advance training and skill to attack all enemies in a area causing them to bleed and take damage over time

lvl 1:300 damage,500 radius,5 damage per second for 20 seconds

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I also want to know what kind of heroes, terrain, spells etc u want to see in the campaign

I can tell you some basic things that I really appreciate in Campaigns.

For terrain, create really different locations, not town, town, field, town, but Fairy Forest, Deep Mine or Burning Lands. Be creative and try to create places that are unique.

About Heroes, create different Heroes, of course. Give them different roles, like Damage Dealer, Caster, Healer and Tank and combinations of these. Also important, and also appreciated by many players, give them story, background and a personality.

Spells are a bit difficult. Of course, create spells that are well-looking, well-designed and unique. Often it is also wise to create spells that have more than one effects and are influenced by local circumstances or unit-types.
I myself don't want to see simple spells, like Fireball or such.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

For terrain, create really different locations, not town, town, field, town, but Fairy Forest, Deep Mine or Burning Lands. Be creative and try to create places that are unique.

Thanks and I am on it

Level 14
About Heroes, create different Heroes, of course. Give them different roles, like Damage Dealer, Caster, Healer and Tank and combinations of these. Also important, and also appreciated by many players, give them story, background and a personality.

Spells are a bit difficult. Of course, create spells that are well-looking, well-designed and unique. Often it is also wise to create spells that have more than one effects and are influenced by local circumstances or unit-types.
I myself don't want to see simple spells, like Fireball or such.

I agree with the first sentiment. Don't go too much into background though; reading long stories about a hero we don't care about yet is not fun. Their backgrounds should be revealed slowly in brief windows. It's even better if you learn their backgrounds from other characters...e.g. "Her husband was tortured by the Druhks for weeks. He's alive still, but what they shared isn't here anymore."

Regarding the spells, I think I have different tastes. More than one effect can be good, but simple spells are good too. Stormbolt is one of my favorite spells in WC3...it's really fun even though it's simple (though it does have 2 effects: damage and stun). I find some complicated spells annoying, particularly those that have random effects (e.g. 25% chance of healing you to full...25% chance of killing a random nearby enemy...) Random effects cannot be meaningfully used strategically, and it decreases your control over your own units. Maybe it would be best to have a mix of complex and simple spells.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe it would be best to have a mix of complex and simple spells.

I tried to express that I would like to see not only simple spells like Stormbolt or Fireball, but also advanced, custom spells from Hive and such.

Of course, there should be also some simple spells like your mentioned Stormbolt, but in my opinion creators should also add advanced spells.

Level 12
Eye of Kraken - rare ; increese hero vision
Medusa Head - rare ; when it is used , the item create a wave who temporari paralise enemy units .
Neptun Sceptre - rare ; it give the hero ability to walk throw water .
Anubis bracelet - rare ; the hero can use it to use an enemy unit to reborn .
Thor Hammer -rare ; it give the hero a good chance to stunt enemy units .

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks 2 everyone for ur ideas and I am happy 2. Say rhat all ur ideas have been used exept the medusa's head and thor's hammer...

However I still feel a lack of custom items for my campaign so kep going!!!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hey.. Thanks I liked the 1st idea..

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

A few custom spells.. works like a spellbook.. thanks. This staff will be created as soon as balance it's attributes..

Level 9
Stone: Common: Charged
A Stone you picked up can be used as a ranged attack!
Gives: Hurl Boulder ability with only a mini stun.

Bomb: Common: Charged
An explosive item crafted by goblins. Handle with Care!
Gives: Small AoE damage with knockback from the point of target.

Hook: Common: Permanent
Gives: Ability to cast Hook which drags enemies and friends to the caster. The hook must be aimed.

That's all I can think of. Give love to common items!

Level 6
basically my way of creating items is :

check all the existing spells in units/heroes and create according items according to it.
by example the crypt lord damage return and armor ability can be modified in many ways to create very cool items. same for the hard skin ability of the mountain giants if you wich to create cool tanky items.

also you have to create items using your heros stats (agility intelligence strenght mana hp)

and my advice is. create many many common and basic items.

(btw I really like your artifact idea.)

Name of the Item : HaltWatch's Left Eye

Category : Artifact, Legendary

Story of the Item : After Emperor HaltWatch's defeat against Vestroya Alliance, his left eye has been missing. It's rumored that this eye, if found can grant great powers.

Function of the Item : Flame Blaze (Flame Strike anywhere in the map, balance stats), +X Stats, +X Damage, +X Armor
======
Name of the Item : Old Book

Category : Common

Function of the Item : +3 Intelligence, +1 Damage
======
Name of the Item : Bomb

Category : Common, Charged (3)

Function of the Item : Send to target location to cause an explosion
======
Name of the Item : Broken Scepter

Function of the Item : +4 Intelligence

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Blancfay 7 and Daffa the mage, Thanks a lot I was wondering about common items and u fulfilled my wish.. :)

I see a RACC reference there... ;D

@Molaf , Thanks that is the.guide that I will keep in mind while creating Item

Yeah, literally, be careful when making the eye item, if the flame blaze is too damaging, it's too ridiculously overpowered quickly with it's free aiming. Also, Flame Blaze is intended for wide radius and low-medium damage, if I take it the same from it's reference.

Incoming!
=========
Name of the Item : Prince's Psychic Token

Story : The token used by Prince of the End against the Coalition when he's alive. Has powers to manipulate thoughts.

Function of the Item : +Charm, +15 Damage, +10 Defense, +Hardened Skin
======
Name of the Item : Salve

Function of the Item : Heals Hero for 150 over 30 seconds
======
Name of the Item : Meat

Function of the Item : Can be eaten to recover 200 health
======
Name of the Item : Antidote

Function of the Item : Cure all forms of debuff on hero
======
Name of the Item : Romagus' Staff

Category : Legendary, Artifact

Story : a staff used by the time magician, Romagus. This staff has power to manipulate time, thus aiding him out of the harm'a way.

Function of the Item : +Time Freeze (Stops all enemy in an area for 2 seconds), +35 Intelligence, +20 Damage, +5 Armor
======

Name of the Item : Staff of Sunshine

Background Lore: A powerful specter used by the Devil Empress of the Regime of the Rising Sun, this Staff is renowned for its deadly solar and demonic spells. It boosts the user's brain with powerful essence of solar and demonic energy, and is able to channel fiery projectiles towards the foes of the user.

Function of the Item : +20 Intelligence, +75 damage, Splash Attack, Leaves Burning debuff on its victim, +900 mana, Custom Spellbook - Solar and Demonic Spells

Name of the Item : Hell Blade

Story : The famous blade used by General Lordamor from Magic Crush, it has powers of hellish energies.

Function of the Item : +45 Damage, +Cleaving Attack (45%, 250 AOE)
============
Name of the Item : Fallen Mage's Staff

Story : Fallen Mage has been the arch nemesis of Coalition, his staff has been the main weapon to decimate the Coalition at all costs. He's willing to fight with it till the end.

Function of the Item : +45 Damage, +65 Intelligence, +Magic Skin (Hardened Skin with 100 block, 25 damage min)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@Directive and Daffa, A Lot of RACC References here ( which is good). :D

Again theStaff of sunshine needs balance (all Good items do) :)..

Name of the Item : General Daffa's Magic Spheres (3 Tier)

Story : General Daffa, an elite general of Coalition that fights against Fallen Mage uses this special spheres of magic that enhances his power to the level that he can fight Fallen Mage without fear of losing. It has 3 spheres that needs to be together for full power.

Function of the Item :
+11 Damage, +2 Armor, +6 Intelligence (Level 1)
+22 Damage, +5 Armor, +14 Intelligence (Level 2)
+33 Damage, +9 Armor, +21 Intelligence, +250 Sight Range (Level 3)

Note : This item is similar to Key of the Three Moons, so it's power are divided into 3 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.