• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] empty

Can auras target corpses?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Can an aura be made that applies bloodlust to all nearby friendly units?
Use Endurance Aura and change its buff to use the Bloodlust effect. If the scaling is important to you, use a trigger to scale units that are affected by the aura.
The Necromancer's "Raise Dead" ability has a limit of 1 raise at a time, by this I mean that only 1 set of skeletons can be in the map at a time, so 2 skeleys per necro. Can this limit be removed?
I don't think this is true, unless it has been changed in one of the recent patches.
Can an aura be made that auto targets corpses and raises them as skeleys for a set period of time such as 30 sec?
I don't think auras can target corpses; you need triggers for this.

Level 21
A few weeks ago I was map testing and it allowed only 1 summon alive per necro, if I clicked Raise again it killed the last summon set,
I'm using patch 1.29 and I can raise an army of skeletons with a single Necromancer.
This is unfortunate, very.
It shouldn't really be that hard.

What is "Spheres"? You can find it as an ability being used by human Blood Mage. If you remove it the 3 spheres floating around his head disappear but, if you apply it to anyone else it doesn't work like it does on the mage. Can someone look into this for me? Does it have any other effects, of is it purely cosmetic?.
Sphere ability also makes the Blood Mage launch a sphere when he casts a spell. It doesn't work on other models because they don't have additional attachment points that were specifically made to be used with this ability. You can use this instead.

Last edited:
Level 21
If spells are capable of targeting units(friend&foe), corpses, and "no target" or ground, why can't they target corpse?
You can check 'Dead' in the 'Stats - Targets Allowed', but that won't work on most abilities; they still won't be able to target corpses since things like that are hard-coded.
Then again, raise is a spell not a buff.
Well, dead units aren't affected by buffs anyway.

If you want a corpse-raising aura, you can make a trigger that periodically checks if there is a corpse within X distance from the unit with the aura, and if yes, creates a skeleton with an expiration timer at the position of the corpse and removes the corpse from the game.

Last edited:
Level 21
I currently don't have a computer capable of running Wc3 right now, soon I'm going to try to buy Reforged and a good cp. So I can't actually try to code JASS or make any strings. Can you try to pseudocode it for me or something like that?
While I could probably manage to make something like that, it wouldn't be efficient and would be full of leaks. I'm really not the right person to ask for help with triggers since I only know how to use GUI triggers and I'm not really an expert on them. If you need help with triggers, you should create a new thread in the World Editor Help Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.