• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cacodemon

A cacodemon from DOOM 3. Model made by me, texture made both by me and Werewulf, animations made by Werewulf and slightly edited by me

Keywords:
Doom Cacodemon Caco Demon
Contents

Cacodemon (Model)

Reviews
13:37, 27th Mar 2008 Dan van Ohllus: [Approved] Works ingame. Very nice Cacodemon (though I prefer Doom 2 version better) and it's useful for Doom 3 mods and other space maps. Only critique I can give to you is the model needs attachment points...

M

13:37, 27th Mar 2008
Dan van Ohllus:
[Approved]
Works ingame. Very nice Cacodemon (though I prefer Doom 2 version better) and it's useful for Doom 3 mods and other space maps.
Only critique I can give to you is the model needs attachment points and maybe even a death sound.

Level 5
incredible model, I had a little trouble with those guys when I played the game, maybe because im terrible at it! Anyway great job!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 23
Not bad Supa, I would give it a rating or something, but the picture is really zoomed in and you can only see the head...

dude, the cacodemon only consists of a head.

monster_cacodemon.jpg

Supa, the model is awesome. Someone made a D3 unit at last

wow. i agree. IT IS ONLY A HEAD!!!!!!!!! I have never played Doom, but even I could've told u that MartianMan92. (I was about to anyway)

Level 2
Dude varsaigen im sure you knew that for never playing Doom 3, w/e i got like past the second level in it then stopped playing so I guess I wouldn't really know what it would look like now would I? Will you just cut me some freaken slack...

Level 17
Dude varsaigen im sure you knew that for never playing Doom 3, w/e i got like past the second level in it then stopped playing so I guess I wouldn't really know what it would look like now would I? Will you just cut me some freaken slack...

Well it's not really a big deal, but if you see a model is supposed to look like somethign from another game you'd save yourself the comments if you looked up what it "should" look like in advance.

and very nice model

Level 7
Awesome, when I clicked on this I thought u had used a pic from doom3, look so alike. Great Job

Level 29
The model is good, the texture is AWESOM, the animations are everage though.
The attack animation is hardly an animation, he just moves his head like 1 inch forward (and its a bit too slow too).
The casting animation is weird, guess a demon like this can't really have a good casting anim though.

I'd give it something around 7.5/10

Level 45
The model is good, the texture is AWESOM, the animations are everage though.
The attack animation is hardly an animation, he just moves his head like 1 inch forward (and its a bit too slow too).
The casting animation is weird, guess a demon like this can't really have a good casting anim though.

I'd give it something around 7.5/10

From a video I saw of the real model the model doesnt have an animation for attack, it just opens its mouth and fireballs spit out at high speeds. I find the animations fine, but from what I can see they appear to have bugged and jerked on export or either supas done something with them, the tail thing usta flow pretty nice Imho...but seems jerky now. There is enough pullback and pull forward and room from the open mouth.

Level 21
She commented it wrong actually xD. I fixed it, though. As for the attack animation, Werewulf, it probably looks less jerky in Milkshape because it uses bezier, which gives things a little bounce. The only thing I touched was the attack animation I think

HT, have you downloaded the latest version? I fixed it, but I might not have updated it. I'll re-update it to make sure.

As for all you guys, no spamming please