• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bush Hide Invisibility and sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make a map when you will be able to enter high grass. When inside you are invisible to all outside the grass, but all enemys inside this will see you. Is this able to?

You can either do that as a destructible check, for example you pick every destructible around you (but your grass has to be a destructible):
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable Map Area)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 250.00 of (Point1) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to High Grass
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Add (Permanent Invisibility) to (Picked unit)
              • Else - Actions
                • Unit - Remove (Permanent Invisibility) from (Picked unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
or make a specific tile in the area of the grass and do this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable Map Area)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Point1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Terrain-type at (Point1)) Equal to Ashenvale Grass
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Add (Permanent Invisibility) to (Picked unit)
          • Else - Actions
            • Unit - Remove (Permanent Invisibility) from (Picked unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 4
well i think you missed something (thx for help about that, got an idea), it is all in a area, region, terrain, or within des will get invis but also see all in that area, but not people outside, i mean if you are invis in grass you can be seen if enemy enters to, but is you have like wind walk outside and enemy in grass he wont see you. Is this soomehow possible?

Level 15
The Pathing-Circle of Power will let units walk trough it, but the Occlur height makes the building/unit own a line-of-sight-blocking ability like in reality that's all :D So yes there will be a shadow behind them until you walk behind them, but then you won't see what's outside (this effect only applyes for ground units)

Level 4
Well thats acually exellent! And well flying units... i won't use them i think, maybe just some spell that spawn anything but, useble as scout so nevermind about that... I'll try that, thx!

Level 4
Actually i have never played league of legends and haven't seen vids on it so i didn't know that you can do that in LoL... =P

However i did came up with a thing, i used Pharaoh's terrain trigger, made spell book (disabled) with pernament invisibility and true sight, then i just sat true sights cast range to 200 and now you have to search in the grass also which i think is brilliant. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.