• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Burrowed unit does not display abilitys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Actually when using Burrowed ability, it is like Metamorphosis that transform it into the unit you put into the Object Editor. For example, the Burrow of the Crypt Fiend is set to transform caster into a Burrowed Crypt Fiend.

I suggest give the unit an ability that it is set to transform and there.

EDIT: Figured out that it cannot aattack or cast spell while in Underground. And this hardcoded. But how about try make a trigger that replaces the caster into a burrow unit. I think it will let it cast spell as it is not really under the Burrow's effect.

Level 17
I think by simple observation a unit underground cannot cast a spell; if you want you could trigger it so that when the unit casts an ability, create a special effect, which then hides the instance when the unit is hidden. Tip, like this:
  • Special Effect - Create SFX at SomePoint
  • Unit - Hide Unit
, ty I quess I should use Bear Form than with triggered Hide Unit (the dirt heap SFX is already in the model :ogre_hurrhurr:).

ctually when using Burrowed ability, it is like Metamorphosis that transform it into the unit you put into the Object Editor. For example, the Burrow of the Crypt Fiend is set to transform caster into a Burrowed Crypt Fiend.

I suggest give the unit an ability that it is set to transform and there.
, that does not work.

EDIT: Figured out that it cannot aattack or cast spell while in Underground. And this hardcoded. But how about try make a trigger that replaces the caster into a burrow unit. I think it will let it cast spell as it is not really under the Burrow's effect.
, also good idea, thanks

Thanks guys this should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.