1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Burning_Wood_Golem.blp

Submitted by Skavenloft
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hi everyone, here's my last creation - the burning wood golem.

This is the huge, primitive construction, made from massive wood logs and some iron scraps. The essence of powerful Infernus was sealed within this mass of wood and iron to give it a semblance of life. The hellish flames consumes it from the inside, and someday the entombed demon will be free again... But for now, this danger manifests only by the powerful, burning fists and heart of Burning Wood Golem.

I'm quite proud of it, it was a really pain in the ass to shade all this wood (rather) properly...
I hope you find this usefull:)

As always - it is 100% my own work (no CnP or googled textures, nor special brushes of any kind), no tablet (only mouse). Done witk Gimp 2.6, W3 Image Extractor and BLPLab. Enjoy:]

P.S. It is possible, to use this texture with a Flesh Golem (units\other\FleshGolem\FleshGolem.blp), but I do not recommend it. The whole body looks good, but the head is wraped in the other way than that of the Siege Golem, and "eye" looks bad.
If you really want to use this texture on the Flesh Golem model - PM me, I create better fitting version for you (I'm not going to submit it here because it is obviously too similar to this one;) ).

P.S.2 This texture looks great if you attach the flames special effects to fists and chest:) I do not show it on screen because it should show the basic texture without any addintions, I think. But if you want, I may post screens with attached flames - just tell me:)

Keywords:
golem wood burning glow cinder fire flames tree construct infernus demon iron forge steel siege
Contents

Burning Wood Golem (Texture)

Reviews
17:58, 27th Sep 2012 Kwaliti: Great work, fine details and quite useful! Approved.
  1. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Everything looks great except for the head and the flat "fire" effect(which can be remedied with SFX attachments in-game), imo. But that head really screws it up.

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well the main.. if you could call it a problem, is that Temple of Tides uses two textures, which might be double work

3. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes, I discovered this yesterday... But in fact, the second one is pretty simple... More work? Not really, maby 130-140% of normal work... The really pain in the ass is that it takes more time to test a lot of different options. When doing a skin, I usually create a few dozens of simple, doodle-skins, just to see which colours looks better ingame and how the texture wraps the model... And when I want to do that with Temple of Tides, I must do this twice-.-

4. Plasma Boy

Plasma Boy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Neat idea, good job!

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well.. i think rock golem uses 2 textures as well :xxd:

6. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    And thats one of the reasons, why I prefere Siege Golem model^^

7. Rainbow_Dash

Rainbow_Dash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love the effort put into it, unfortunately the lava doesn't really seem to glow. In-game it looks rather weird.

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    it is burning wood >.> embed that into those brains of yours

9. Strikest

Strikest