• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Buildings close together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hmm... this is suppost to make buildings only be built close together... what's wrong?
  • Buildings close together
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Constructing structure))
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Main Builder
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 3 (Teal) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 4 (Purple) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 5 (Yellow) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 6 (Orange) for 2.00 seconds the text: Must build building...
                                    • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Kill (Constructing structure)

Level 5
What's it doing? What isn't it doing? Does it work at all? You need to provide more information.

Also, this trigger is needlessly massive. You can say "Game - Display to Player (Owning Player of Triggering Unit) for 2.00 seconds the message: "blah". You don't need that psychotic if/then statement. Also, you probably aren't getting messages because you're displaying messages to player groups, not individual players.

So do this:
  • Else-Actions
  • Game - Display to Owning Player of Triggering Unit for 2.00 seconds the text: "Text here".
Instead of that stupid If/Then chain.

NOTE: My GUI action may not be exactly how it's written in the editor. I never code with GUI any more, so I'm foggy, but it should be something along those lines nontheless.

Level 6
As far as i understand it, it should look for other buildings nearby, if there is no building the current constructed building should be destroyed.

Note:
count is a integer variable
tmplocation is a point variable

• TrickyTrigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set count = 0
      • Set tmplocation = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of tmplocation matching (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set count = (count + 1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tmplocation)
        • If - Conditions
          • count Less than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Your Message here
        • Else - Actions
This should work, didn't test it.

Last edited:
Level 12
Ok, I didn't have time to explain earlier. It is a very simple idea - sort of like in command & conquer 3.

All buildings must be build close to another existing building that is owned by the same player as the unit building it. MUST BE A BUILDING, NOT A UNIT. That is why I had the
I would make one of those for every unit (Is there an easier way?). Also, I made all buildings have no pathing requirements, so buildings are essentially custom made. It really looks like a real castle.​

So, I changed that trigger to try and make it work better, and got this:
  • Buildings close together
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Count = 0
      • Set TP = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of TP) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Picked unit))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Count = (Count + 1)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TP)
        • If - Conditions
          • Count Less than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 4.00 seconds the text: You must build buil...
        • Else - Actions
I ran across the same problem... No matter what I do, where I place a building, it does what it's suppost to do if I place it near - it lets me build it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.