• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Building selected through trigger cannot train/useability/research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Trigger:
  • Event
  • Unit-A Unit Finished Casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Upgrade
  • Actions
  • Selection - Select Upgrader[(Player number of (Owner of unit (castingunit)))] for (Owner of (Casting unit))
Okay, so it works - it selects the unit. But, the unit cannot do anything - it doesn't even have the "Set Rally Point" icon. It was working earlier when I just had upgrades, but now it doesn't work at all. If I select the unit normally - it works just fine. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Level 4
your Upgrader array is "from 1 to 12" or "from 0 to 11" ?
The trigger works fine. The only problem is when it selects the unit, all the buttons on the UI are hidden. Selecting it normally, the buttons are there - but selecting through the trigger they are not. And it was working fine, I was adding upgrades to the unit, and after a certain one - they all disappeared. I removed the upgrade and put units or other upgrades, fewer - and it was still gone, now even other units that I tried to make to do the same thing won't work either.

The array is Upgrader[12](Unit), though, I've only got 9 player slots right now. Not sure if its 0-11 or 1-12.

Level 9
you should check

because if you've not 0-11, you've got a gap with the player's id
when the player x finish casting "upgrade", you make him select the "upgrader" of the player x-1
so if so, that's not a suprise to not have the UI button of an opponent unit
do you see what i mean ?

if the problem is this one, you just have to add "+1" after "(Player number of (Owner of unit (castingunit)))"

Level 4
you should check

because if you've not 0-11, you've got a gap with the player's id
when the player x finish casting "upgrade", you make him select the "upgrader" of the player x-1
so if so, that's not a suprise to not have the UI button of an opponent unit
do you see what i mean ?

if the problem is this one, you just have to add "+1" after "(Player number of (Owner of unit (castingunit)))"
I can see that, but I don't think thats the problem. I tried switching the Upgrader[x] to Barracks 00xx <gen> (Default barracks - just to try and see if that changed anything). It still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure its not the trigger, I may have broken something in the map after putting 1 too many upgrades - I don't know. I may have to start over with a new map P: I'll probably check to see if the problem exists when I make a new map and use the similar function, and check my map initial triggers to see if there's anything odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.