1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bugs and Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by PurgeandFire, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Tried clean installing? Also try Azeroth (US) instead of Northered (Europe). The European sever has problems with some installs.

2. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    I always run on Azeroth (US East) anyway, so that's a non-issue. But no, I haven't done a clean reinstall, on account of me not having my Frozen Throne CD key anymore to reinstall it with. I guess it's looking like that's my only option, though, so I'll probably be buying a new copy of Frozen Throne soon.

3. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe @Barade and @Krotos can provide some feedback in this thread? Maybe they themselves reinstalled the game from their original discs / Blizzard's digital download, then successfully patched the game to 1.27b by using the official standalone installer?

When you first mentioned this issue in December 2016, I then failed to see a similar thread in the Battle.net forums.

I can confirm the file MoviePatcher.exe remains in the WC3 folder after a successful update to 1.27b.
    On my French install, the version number for 1.27b reads 1.27.1.7085.

CD Keys are not to be 'found' from anywhere. When one buys his/her own personal copy of the game, one buys in fact his/her own personal CD Key. If one loses his/her own personal CD Key, then one must understand he loses his/her personal copy of the game in the process, be it already installed or not on his/her HDD.

Many update issues can be solved by a clean reinstall. It is the first thing to do imho.

4. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When you go to LAN the game actually broadcasts your CD-key. There are utilities for catching this. Search for something like "Warcraft 3 CD key grabber".

5. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One should be cautious with any third-party tool one chooses to use. Such tools might be detected one way or another by Blizzard, and their use might get one banned from Battle.net as a result.

Should one lose his own personal CD Key, it is best imho one gets in touch with Blizzard. Maybe they can help.

6. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've used this tool at one point. If there are any doubts, just deny it internet access.

7. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There might still remain traces of its use somewhere, which Blizzard might be able to detect one way or another.

** update **

What Blizzard says about temporary restrictions:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11644374332

After a successful update to v1.27b, one can find the following VC++2013 files in his/her WC3 folder:
    - msvcr120.dll v12.00.21005.1
    - msvcp120.dll v12.00.21005.1

For the record, the most recent Microsoft VC++2013 End-user Runtime version that I know of atm is v12.0.40660

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Using which hosting service? Garena/Game Ranger/Evolve/Tunngle/ENT/other?

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    GameRanger.

10. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, for me BNUpdate still crashes during movie updater is run, so I cannot connect to the Battle.net anymore. Maybe it has something to do with the external disk I have installed Warcraft III: TFT to. It has a vfat filesystem or something like that (not NTFS).

I have also tried to connect to a different realm than Europe.

Here are the problem details (unfortunately in German but you can see the module name etc.):
    Code (Text):

Problemsignatur:
      Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
      Anwendungsname:    BNUpdate.exe
      Anwendungsversion:    2.136.0.0
      Anwendungszeitstempel:    5799a29f
      Fehlermodulname:    ntdll.dll
      Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.23572
      Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    57fd02d3
      Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
      Ausnahmeoffset:    000632b9
      Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
      Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
      Zusatzinformation 1:    46b4
      Zusatzinformation 2:    46b49f4ac13ec3a41c2f6eb4587d8f98
      Zusatzinformation 3:    c9fa
      Zusatzinformation 4:    c9faff6b66ffc14c48674fb8ec71be15

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

I will try the standalone installer now.

edit:
    The standalone installer also crashes: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A clean reinstall of the game somewhere on your C drive would be the first thing to try out imho

So you bought an English version of the game, which you are running on a German OS version?

Since I would expect the copy of the game you bought to be also in German, you might then want to use the patch for the German locale version of the game instead?

I personally run the French locale version of the game on my French version of the XP OS, because I am a Frenchman who lives in France. Therefore, I never experienced any eventual locale mismatches between game and OS.

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    One can change OS locality very easily on modern OS like Windows 10. Should not be a problem.

Should not really make a difference as long as both RoC and TFT are the same language locale.

XP is so old it can be a problem itself. More modern Windows are a lot more flexible with locale.

13. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Barade's OS version is 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48, which looks like Windows 7 Pro SP1 to me.

@Barade has an issue with Patch 1.27b and his TFT install on Windows 7 SP1.

Not me on XP SP3

14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Should be able to change it no problem then. Even since Windows XP the pro versions have allowed one to change the locality at will. More modern ones such as Windows 7 and 10 should download missing locality files on demand.

I had no issue installing the latest patch on Windows 10. On the other hand I am sure tons of people have had problems installing, running or updating WC3 on XP over the last decade odd.

Such issues are often system specific and have nothing to do with the OS.

15. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sry used the wrong patch. Tested with the German patch now and got the same crash and yes I have Windows 7. I will try to move Warcraft from the external disk to C: and patch it there.

16. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Changing something somewhere in the Regional settings of Windows might help in very specific cases.

For example, I remember the English demo version of Kingpin: Life of Crime could not run on a French Windows 9x OS. One had to first change the Regional settings of Windows to English, in order for the demo to work as intended.

Hey do not forget W98SE, up to and including Patch 1.26a. People tend to forget the mandatory (and ludicrous) W9x bashing these days, what a shame... :grin:

On a more serious note, tons of people have problems because their WC3 installs are faulty in some way.
    In fact, tons of people have problems with computers / consumer-level technology as a whole. Generally because they are doing it wrong.

This is what we are trying to find out. Fyi, the ntdll.dll file is specific to one's country

You must uninstall the game, then reinstall it. Not move its folder around.

Can you please confirm you bought the German version of the game?

** update **

FAT32? exFAT?

Whatever it is, I doubt it has any unexpected side-effect on the install process. However, the drive letter you installed your game to might have one.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Actually it might...

FAT file systems have completely different and mostly more restrictive limitations than NTFS file systems. WC3 might not be designed for installation on such a file system.

18. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I moved it to the Desktop on C:, changed the registry paths with the registry fixer for Warcraft III and it still crashed. Yes I have bought the German version. I will have to search for my CDs now :D

edit:
    I've also tried to run Frozen Throne and the patch .exe as Admin and in compatibilty mode. I guess my installation is somehow broken.

19. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have no reason atm to suspect the 1.27b Patcher would attempt to write files/data beyond the limits of any file system, be it for PC or for Mac.

Regarding NTFS, the only tricky way to write data that I know of would be to use Alternate Data Streams. I am currently scanning my HDD for them with the trusty Alternate Data Streams and AlternateStreamsView (less good imho). Aaaaand... both found nothing out of the ordinary.

If you have evidence WC3 can not be updated to v1.27b on some file systems, then please provide us such evidence now. Or was it just a wild guess?

@Barade might wish to do such testing, hopefully.

:bored:

Again, you must please *uninstall* your game, and then reinstall it elsewhere. *Not* move your game folder around and then use whatever third party tool in the hopes to fix whatever stuff.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  20. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was stating that it could be incompatible with some file systems as each file system imposes different limitations. Most commonly used file systems should be compatible, but using any file system other than the file system the game was designed, tested and targeted for might not be supported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.