• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Topic

Level 24
Looks nice.

There are a few things that I have to mention though.

At the start, you choose all abilities for your heroes. For someone who plays that game for the very first time, that is a real pain in the ass because you have to read a whole library of spells and decide every time which one you want.
Next to that you haven't seen the game itself so it is harder to judge what spell types or packs you want to have.

If it is possible to do that in a different way then it would be better.

Also one bug report:
Fire Power grants stacks on attack-invoke rather than on-hit-effect. This means that I can get all 3 stacks without actually attacking and within 2 seconds.

Either use a Damage Detection System that can tell if the damage was done by a basic attack, or just do it like a real pro and use an Alternative Damage Engine.

Posted on the main topic :D

Level 37
Good suggestion that ability thing. However, the campaign is now complete and it would take too much time to change that.

Also I had a damage system detection but it bugged so I removed it. Fire Power I can fix easily without that damage detection system. I just add cooldown. Cheap but effective way to fix the problem.

Level 24
No not really...
Even when you add a cooldown (which is really a bad way to do it) you will still be able to abuse that method.

A DDS is not able to ruin your game... most of the DDS' that is.

But if you are satisfied with the current one... then who am I to continue to complain?

Level 2
Hi Aero!
First, great work on this campaign and everything in it: Big thanks to all the contributors and to you for starting the project and putting evrything together =)
Now, I've noted a couple of bugs that appeared in the recent version(s): (I've only re-played up to half of chapter 5, will update on my findings later)
-the Lesser Magic Ball stacks fusion bug was already noted by someone on TCO's official website, but I'll post it again here: you need to have the exact amount of Lesser Magic Balls in a stack for the fusion to work, and I don't think there is a way of splitting stacks, is there?
-in chapter 4, during the Elite Boss fight (the tree), if you kill him while the screen turns green, the cutscene and the drops all work as they should, but the faerie form still pops, and remains until killed (and applies the poison debuff if you re-enter the area).
-the Black Merchant in chapter 4 did not appear (It's in the cave, isn't it?) either during night or during day.
-the King Rock Elemental did not appear in chapter 5 after I took the quest item in the mountains. EDIT: it did appear, but only much later, after I completed mostly everything in the chapter.

Also, 1 more thing: I created a couple of posts in this topic already a few months ago, to which you replied (thanks again =) ), and I had proposed to you to help correct TCO's dialogues so that they would be proper English: I would do all the corrections myself and send them to you for you to implement them in the campaign. However, I'm not extensively familiar with War3's Editor and do not know how to access the dialogue files; could you or one of the contributors help me with that? Please let me know what you think of this!
Cheers for everyone! =)

Last edited:
Level 2
A lot of grammar mistake in the dialogue, is it just me or I remembered much better line in all of your previous version?

Level 2
Chest item swap only swaps 1 one item, the 7th on your number pad to be exact. Also, it interacts weirdly with charge item, like phodom's starting shield, leaving only one charge after it, the rest has not been tested.

Level 17
Hey there Aeroblyctos!
Nice campaign you got out there!
There was a Bug I Encountered...:
After the Discovering the Quest Heart of Golem (can't remember the name exactly) on Chapter 5, The Portrait animation of All Units Disappear. I Fixed this by restarting The Campaign.

Another bug: An Item For Fradz (I chose it in Chosing Some Items and Combat kings in Prologue) Gives 1000% Steal chance. Is this possible In Math?

Sometimes the ability For Fradz (Can't remember the name...) That he jumpes and knockes back people Doesn't Make fradz Jump, So Fradz would simply be buried underground!

And the Part Prospero and his Fellas Came to help Phodom in Chap 4, Phodom Turns his Head 180 degrees to see Prospero! That's Impossible...

There are some Paradoxes In your Campaign:
In Chap 4 when The merchant asks you to bring his sword, He says "Soldier Sword" but In Quest log It says Silver Sword!

In chap 3 End, I saw Xvareon (or whatever) Fly and Go and say "I don't have time", but in later chapters you Said Xvareon Defeated Gaerloth and Brought him to Kar'gath! Weird...

At chap 5, when i got the Quest To buy something from the Wizard, You say Phodom thrown Fradz into the River, But at the end of the first cinematic, fradz "Magically" appeared In front of Phodom and he was present at the Second Cinematic...

BTW awsome campaign and Good luck...

A lot of grammar mistake in the dialogue, is it just me or I remembered much better line in all of your previous version?

Chest item swap only swaps 1 one item, the 7th on your number pad to be exact. Also, it interacts weirdly with charge item, like phodom's starting shield, leaving only one charge after it, the rest has not been tested.

Double Post...

EDIT: More Bugs:

On Chap 5, I See you have Made a Custom Bridge which Connect those rock mountains and a farm to The Main Land. The Pathing was horrible...(dont be offended)
Use some pathing blockers so Fradz and Phodom Wont be able to Climb the Bridge from its Fences!

About The ability for fradz i Forementioned: (High strike i remeber now), Dead Fradz Does it! Use the condition: Fradz (whatever your variable is) Is dead equal to false.

Chapter 5: Best Chapter ive Played so far, (currently 6) and the Buggiest!

On the mini-Boss fight Nar'shi, There were so many death millers (8 I Think).
I Had Jade amulet which Turned Nearby Units to critters, and it did so for the Death millers! A Building changed into a Critter! LOL! Fix this please.
On the other hand, Death miller had almost no pathing. I Could swiftly pass through it!
and I Could Cast Soul Burn (Phodom) on them! Soul burn on a Building!
And when I Scanned Them, they were in none of the Size groups!
I Guess the problem is you Based them on a Unit, Base them on a Building.

The Same happened on the mini-Boss Fight Fudo, For The Towers of death. (But they had a better pathing, but not perfect)

after deathbringers die, They Play an animation and then vanish into oblivion! On the first one i was shocked to see that! but on the second and third one it was Not abnormal.

On the Boss-fight Xada, When he Becomes a Demon, He Destroyes the Tiles Under where he walks! I Think You used a Wrong skin for his footprints.

And When I Killed Xada and a Cinematic appeared, Phodom said: Now I Have done my revenge, While Xada has stand Still there! WTF?

On Chapter 6, After I Do the arena League, Phodoms' Boxes Don't appear near him, It does For fradz or gaerloth, But not for Phodom.

Again, Pretty Nice campaign!

Last edited:
Level 8
OK I found a couple of bugs...
+Version 1.0

+Multi-board:
-The Multi-board lags out sometimes. It is opened and blocks the screen and you can't close it. That happened in chapter 3.
-Its calculations aren't always correct:
--In chapter 4 it said: 'Mini-bosses killed: 5/4'.
--In chapter 5 there are 8 mini-bosses. When I killed them all, it said 6/10 mini-bosses killed instead of 8/8.
--In chapter 6 I did all the optional quests, the epic and the elite quests but the multi-board said: Optional quests done 1/6!
--In chapter 7 it says optional quests done 3/9, although I've done them all.
--In chapter 8 it says: Steal 12/15 although there are only 9 steal-able items in that chapter.
--In chapter 10 it says: Optional quests done 2/0.
--The attack-speed calculations are a bit off. Sometimes it's 7.012 for Fradz and other times it's 0.112 for Phodom!
--The Multi-board shows the critical chance and critical damage, but I've never seen the characters throughout the whole campaign do a single critical, unless it's hidden unlike the Blade-master's critical... Or like the criticals of the Omega Set.

+Galeoth:
-Galeoth's 'Magic Hammer' skill creates a permanent visibility modifier. You can always see the area wherever you cast that spell even if you're not there anymore.
-If/when Galeoth dies in a chapter, when he revives, his line of sight is greatly reduced.

+Music Tracks:
-At any given time, except the start up of the chapter, there are two music tracks playing 1 and 8. A main music track and another one in the background.
-During the Chapter 3 Epic Boss fight, the played music is the same as the Elite Boss fight.

+Spell book spell upgrades:
-They're inverted. The upgrades do the opposite of what they're supposed to do. For example the 'Quick heal' upgrade for Phodom's first spell book spell does what the 'Strong heal' upgrade should do and vice versa. Same with Fradz's Spiral Shield.

+Items:
-Some aspects of some items don't work properly. For example:
--The Myth item 'Aero' stacks to no end. In other words the STAT bonus has no limit. At one point the item gave me at least 110 bonus to all stats (During a long fight in chapter 8) while the maximum bonus should be 15 (at least it says so in the description).
--The Ring of Tides in chapter 3 (lucky box) doesn't add armor or magic damage.
--The Illusion created by 'Mask of Illusion' (chapter 3 lucky box) isn't identical to the hero as it takes a lot more damage.
--Phodom's set doesn't create a shock-wave.
--The mummies created by 'Life Stealer' don't gain 10% hp and attack for every 50 stats of the hero. I tested it by adding more stats to the hero (alchemy, super holgro, three paths, blessing of lightning). It seems that the maximum hp is 3000 which contradicts with the item description.
--The armor bonus of Soldier's Set 3 is zero at maximum charges.
--Orb of Degeneration/ Rune Cloak/ Galeoth's set: I'm not sure if they actually stop the enemies' regeneration. It doesn't work on bosses anyways. Might need more testing.
--Same with Cloak of Fire/ Phodom's Set. No fire aoe effect there.
--Magic Orb 6/10 adds 10 intellect.
--Magic Orb 7/10 adds 20 intellect.
--Magic Orb 8/10 adds 30 intellect.
--Magic Orb 9/10 adds 40 intellect.
--Ultimate Orb 10/10 adds 50 intellect. Seriously it's not in the description. It also adds 2200 magic damage instead of 1200.
--Eternal Set gives 12 armor, but the description says 10.
--Adamantine Guard doesn't have enough description. (No quality, no background story).
--Not all items with aura effect work from boxes. (Outer Stone works, Zocmo's set doesn't... and the list goes on.)
--Omega Set, the best item set of all, can be sold in shops for 500 gold.
--Boxes can't be used to combine Zyl Orbs or Magic Orbs, but in chapter 10 they can.
--Demon Sphere loses its slow poison effect in chapter 10.

+Swap bug:
-The "Swap" option in the boxes only works in chapter 4. I tried it in other chapters and weirdly it removed the items from the game, instead of switching between the inventories.
-Even when it works, it removes the charges on chargeable items (Starting items (sword of haste, aegis shield, etc...)).

+Bosses:
-Sometimes during some boss fights, boss spells don't do anything. In other words, the bosses just become invulnerable for a while and apply the channel animation but do nothing. For example the epic bosses of chapters 1, 3 and 6.
-During chapter 7 Epic boss fight against Siluze, one of his spells has some death bolts appear around the arena then they get stuck on the sides. And they don't disappear when the quest ends. They're also attack-able and spells can be cast on them which makes their damage dealing null. Same with the fire balls that Xirenze (Chapter 9 elite boss) fires.
-Chapter 2 Epic Boss has very little mana. I was able to burn all his 300 mana early on (Magic Torment combat king) and he couldn't use any spells the whole fight (On Extreme difficulty).
-Chapter 5 Epic Boss phase 2 (2nd level John) casts a spell that only targets upwards (It should target the heroes but it targets up instead. 90 degrees.).

+Child Pictures:
-Dalli guards.
-Tauren Totem in chapter 2 barbarian village. (Why is there a Tauren Totem anyways?)
-Pack Horses in chapter 4.
-The three dragon slayers in chapter 4.
-Dragon Spirit (Epic Boss of chapter 4).
-Villagers, female villagers, children and Road Guards in chapter 5.
-Vampire Mages in Kar'Gath.
-Lord of Kar'Gath.
-Dragon Searcher and some sellers and citizens in Chapter 7.
-Kaddammn (Master Treasure Hunter) in chapter 7.
-Cannon Tower in chapter 7.
-Shadow Demons (The Mystery Portal quest) chapter 7.
-Terdoom Castle Guards. (One of the guards near the southern gate doesn't have a floating text when you click on him).
-Zhitenxa (Epic Boss of chapter 8).

+Heroic Achievements:
-You do get the bonus/ reward when you achieve them, but they are neither saved in the multiboard nor in the panel (they're saved in the chapter you get each one in, but the next chapter they're gone).

+Chapter 5:
-At the beginning of the chapter the heroes have less damage than before; in other words for example Phodom had 146-226 damage in chapter 4, and in chapter 5 he had 124-125. Same with Fradz. EDIT: It was a self-correcting problem probably... because when they leveled up their damage went back to normal.
-The Turtle mini-boss stays invulnerable and doesn't cross to the other side of the river if you cast Flash Strike on it. (I know what the reply to that one should be:'Well, how about you don't do that?' lol)
-The teleports are bugged. Sometimes when I use them to teleport Phodom, they teleport Fradz instead. Other times they do nothing at all. Also, you can use them even if you don't give the magic ball to the mage (on condition that you finish all the other quests). I even saw that bug in a play-through on YouTube v1.8c.
-After delivering the letter to Billy, all portrait animations of characters disappear. That takes as long as 3 minutes before they comes back. Not a major bug though...

+Chapter 6:
-After the Elite Boss fight with Faerga, the fire beasts re-spawn on the walls of Kar'Gath. You can see them from the inside next to the 'Black Merchant' on the wall.
-After the Epic Boss fight with Jurxy, all music stops.
-Executioners stop patrolling after the first Boss Fight (Xada).
-Uummut doesn't disappear after the Xada Boss Fight. Not sure if he's meant to though...

+Chapter 7:
-If you summon your boxes in the arena to switch an item or so, then you get out of the arena, you cannot summon them back again.
-The final arena fight with The Elementalist has an issue. He has a spell where he teleports behind the character, sometimes he teleports outside the arena and gets stuck in the wall. This goes on for a while until he teleports again which is conditional.
-The 9 circle puzzle where you try to make them all the same color by stepping on them, it's very buggy. There's a chance when you step on one circle that another circle appears next to it. By the time I had finished the first locker there were over 15 circles on top of each other!
-Sometimes the auction hall bugs out. Sometimes the auction master declares an item 'sold' even before the bidding starts. Other times one of the other characters in the auction hall bids when the auction master says sold, so the auction hall is bugged and I neither get the item I was bidding for, nor get to see the rest of the items. Other times there's a sale on two items at the same time....
-Difficulty buff doesn't apply on arena contestants.

+Chapter 8:
-The riddle questions are bugged. Sometimes the questions are outdated asking about the vitality (which was removed), other times it asks about weird characters like Lavareon (who the heck is that?), and sometimes I answer the question right and it says wrong anyways!
-After finishing chapter 8 you get 15 extra lives for no reason. Thanks BTW :D
-This is a frequently mentioned bug: Gaomdo disappears and doesn't come back, but this is untrue. He always comes back it just takes time. The maximum is 2 minutes.

+Chapter 9:
-The game crashed when Keeper of Vengeance cast a certain spell (the one where he burns the heroes' mana).
-The effect shown around Fradz when fighting off Axobada's mind control sticks till the end of the map.
-Sometimes the game crashes when fighting Jurxy, during the Yurgimar fight.
-Riddle questions are bugged like chapter 8.
-The 'Special Font' used in all the other chapters is not applied in this chapter.
-During the Elite Boss fight (Xirenze), sometimes he casts his Breathe Fire ability during the short cinematic where the death knights view the fight, that doesn't give me a chance to dodge that ability or heal.

+Chapter 10:
-In the second phase of Zylcious fight, one of the death knights (the one that looks like a night elf warden) teleported to where Zylcious was standing (that small cliff) and I couldn't get to her so I had nothing to do but fight Uummut... which ended horribly for me.
-The 'Library' puzzle, after finishing it the path doesn't clear up so you have to elaborately use the 'Teleport stone' to get out of the library.
-Magic orb + Zyl orb (In one inventory) = both disappear?! Seriously? :D
-Magic orb 9/10 + Zyl orb 1/6 = Ultimate orb 10/10..... Why? The 10th Magic orb is in the library anyways... what's the point?
-The teleport to the library is bugged. When you access it, even if you press no, it teleports you to the library anyways.
-The bonus luck from the Lucky Horseshoe/Lucky Clover... etc is added to the total luck in the multi-board even if they're not in the heroes' inventory.
-Golems (Defenders) don't have the game difficulty buff, even when you attack them and they become hostile.
-The Cinematic where the heroes ask the popags about the 'Mystery Box', the one that contains the zhyon, is shown even if I've already solved it and beat the zhyon.

+Interludes:
-Chapter 2 and 3 interludes cannot be seen. The game says 7500 game points needed or 10,000 game points needed, but I have 14k+.

++NON-BUGS:
+You said that a player shouldn't be able to 'grind' in this campaign, but does it include farming? Because there are many areas in the campaign where you can farm charges for your items and experience for your heroes in many chapters; like chapter 2 Noc'toriah Mausoleum, chapter 3 first puzzle of Epic Boss area, chapter 4 during Elite Boss fight, chapter 5 during Epic Boss fight, chapter 6 Forgotten ones quest and Immortals puzzle, chapter 7 the quest given by the archbishop and chapter 8 the quest called 'The Challenge'.

++If I may suggest:
-Maybe a minor alteration in the luck system? Maybe it would be better if it was by choice? I mean if you have maximum luck you should be able to choose the item you get instead of just getting the best item. For example in chapter 9 instead of getting Oelivert if you have 30+ luck you get to choose which item you get (from the items of the luck box).
-Making minigames random? For example the Kar'Gath teleport and Nightmare minigames have a certain pattern, you only have to go through them once, and then you can memorize the pattern and finish them in a minute in the next play-through, unless they're randomly generated, and that would make them fun in every play-through.

Last edited:
Level 10
I played through version 1.0 and here's the list of bugs I found. All of them may not be that critical. I've written where I first found bugs, but some of them may appear on multiple chapters.

BUGS:

Ch1:
- Units killed by galaxy orb don't give exp.
- Sometimes there are 2 different music tracks playing at the same time, especially in/near the city.
- items with auras don't work from boxes (not sure if they should)
- Epic boss sometimes channels a spell but nothing happens.

Ch2:
- Swap items resets the charges of sword of haste.
- Kills by power orb aren't counted.
- Sometimes spells are distracted between clicking the ability and selecting target(as if the spell was canceled)
- I couldn't see second interlude with 22k+ game points (7.5k required)

Ch3:
- Icy barrage has slow poison buff
- I couldn't see third interlude

ch4:
- Magic orbs can't be combined in box
- Multiboard shows 5/4 mini bosses

ch5:
- It's not possible to combine items if there are too many components (e.g. 6 lesser magic balls for greater magic ball).
- Talloon can teleport outside the battle area.
- If flash strike is cast on sea turtle right before it should swim to the other side, it will remain invulnerable and won't leave.
- Multiboard shows 6/8 mini bosses, although I killed them all.

ch6:
- Giga ring doesn't allow getting past level 60.

ch8:
- Gaomdo sometimes disappears and doesn't come back.

ch9:
- Game crashed during elite boss fight, while he was using his fire breath ability.
- After yurgimar battle, evasion skills became visible.

ch10:
- Game crashed during last phase of the zylcious battle (probably related to his insta-kill ability).

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:
- Balance: aura of fire is superior in its category, mainly because there are no other passive abilities.
- It would be better, if it was possible to turn in quests when the quest item /e.g. golem head) is in a box. Actually quest items could be made instantly used (like tomes).
- It would be nice to be able to split stacks of items. In one map that I've played (the black road 2.0), this is achieved so that the stack is split when you drop an item on itself (double right-click).

Level 8
Erkki2
In chapter 5 there are 8 minibosses. Did you kill the vampires, Kaza leader and Zombie Jack?
In chapter 6 the maximum level is 50, giga ring gets you to 60.
Galeoth has a passive ability too. It increases his damage based on his mana and magic damage.
What do you mean by: "evasion skills became visible"?

Level 10
Ahh, I forgot kaza. I've always chosen to believe William.

Alright, I assumed that the maximum level was 60, because other characters were able to get to lvl 60 without ring.

I guess that you refer to my comment about phodom's passive ability? I didn't mean that there aren't other passive abilities on any characters, but phodom's other abilities in that category aren't comparable to fire aura. Would someone really pick an ability that prevents base attack (and deals relatively low damage)? And elementals die too fast to be useful.

Evasion icon becomes visible, normally it's hidden.

Level 5
At chapter 5, I am unable to craft master key and greater magic ball even through i got all the required items.
Edit: Dark Messiah from chapter 6 didnt spawn.

Last edited:
Level 1
Skeleton Mages don't have a size in Chapter 9
Chapter 7 Gladiator Arena, if you summon your boxes in the arena, they disappear from the game along with all your items.

In Chapter 9 I'm wondering if the Obelisk is meant to gain armour every hit? With 1.2million HP, this is just one of the longest boss battles I've seen.

Last edited:
Level 2
Reposting the godly thread by Haruka from the now dead (mostly) original forum:
I will be merging the 2 posts into one, leaving everything as it is so there is bound to be some overlapping.
I will mark anything in a the second post by a comment
(My own comments will be in this color)

Original post by Haruka:
[Bug Thread] Version 1.0

---------------------------------------------------
Post 1/2 (I cant add anything to the first post anymore cuz it extended 20000 characters.)
Post 2/2 further down the thread.

A list with all bugs in the game i could find on Extreme and Hard-Core
(I wanna mention that i played with highest settings all the time. Bebaxt told me that some lags dont happen on lower settings)
Some of the bugs can ruin the game for beginners, but most of them can be avoided if you know them.

I will include who told me the bug, that i write down here.

Last time updated: 11.06.2016

Red: The bug exist in this Version.

Yellow: The bug should be fixed in the next Version.

p.s Aero if you look into the bugs and fixed some you can write me what, so i can change the Color.
p.s The best custom map, Campaign i ever played. Great Job ^^

Bugs in all or almost all Chapters:

Major Bugs:

- Unstack items does not work.

- Galaxy Orb(Universe Orb): You wont get any exp from killing enemies with it.

- Did you know?: Is missing.

- Galeoth, Phodom and Fradz cant crit at all. (tested Chapter 1-5, i saw only Galeoth crit in Chapter 9-10)

- (Mannoroht) Permanent attack speed loose: If a Hero got a attack speed drop via poison or other ability and you boost your attack speed while your attack speed is lowered, like Fradz: Flash Strike,Teleport Strike or even level up or any attack speed inscrease and the attack speed decrease wheres off while you got a attack speed boost, your attack speed will be permanet lower than before everytime you do it.(testes chapter 2 with Fradz, Flash,Teleport Strike, on scopions)

- If Galeoth dies and is revived his line of sight its extreme low, in Chapter 3 he can see like 2 feet away.

- (Zaerth) Switch items with boxes and heroes may erase some item when it has to switch position with empty case.
- Also Switch items will decrease the number of Stacks back to 1 (example 4x Lesser Magic Balls or 234x Sword of Haste Stacks
will go back to 1x)

Items:
- Recipe - Rune Cloak: it does not tell (like Magma Cloak) that it is a set of Galeoth in the Recipe.
- Summoner´s Amulet (Chapter 7 Auction) will also buff every enemie around and bosses.
- Mana Earring: does only stack too 48/50 and not 50/50
- Angel´s Wing (Chapter 7 Lucky Box): does not work at all
-(Zaerth) Legendary animal set got a hudge "E" before saying it damage, like "E-200 damage" (Post 2, unconfirmed by haruka)
-(Skarm) Zyl orbs can combine with a magic orb (numbered) to lvl it up, and even make the ultimate orb early.(I do not know if the opposite is true)
Leader Board:
- Total Campaign Played (displays the Current Campaign time played) and Current Campaign Played (displays the Total Campaign time played), and Current or Total* Campaign played does not reset after loaded endgame (maybe doesnt even reset at all)
- Sometimes a part of the Text from page 3 will overwrite Text from page 1-2 if you change to Leaderboard 3 and back too 1 or 2 and close the Leaderboard, wait some time and open it again.

Combat Kings:
- Combat King - Retaliation: does damage, but does not decrease enemies armor(doenst matter if the enemie got already a - armor buff or not).
- Combat King - Enchanted Skin: does healing, but the Armor part does not work (you will get no Armor increase)
-(Galeoth only) Combat King - Force Blow: does not work and it will apply on auto attacks Venom Level 1-5 on some enemies(the Venom seems to do nothing at all)

Abilitys:
- Galeoth: Magical Hammer: It will permanent reveal the area it cast on, but the problem that make this ability unplayable, it will extremy lag the Campaign, specialy in later Chapters where you use the ability in boss fight more often, its almost impossible to defeat Yurgimar or enjoy the Campaign with this bug.

- Galeoth: Magical Fog: The spell can go into the wrong spell slot (2 instead of 3) if you start the game or load a Game. Tooltip error: The spell said it last 30 sec, but the spell will last 45 sec or more.
Magical Fog got child icon armor and somehow i was able to control the Fog after a cutscene.

- Fradz: Lightning Element: Level 12 Might Spell is displayed as Inner Fire if you click your Elemantal, also even if you set it on auto cast the Element will never cast it on his own(also the tooltip is missleading, i had in mind it would be an awesome aura)

- Fradz: Lightning Orb: The Lightning Orb hitbox is just too big, many times if you wanna move a Hero near the Orb, they go straight to the Orb and not the location you want to.

- Fradz: Energy Ball: After you cast the spell, Fradz movement gets weird for a few minutes if you controle him together with an other unit like Phodom + Fradz, Fradz will move later than the other unit(s).

- Fradz: Lightning Storm does remove all buffs/debuff on Fradz when he cast it. (maybe add it the the tooltip or change the spell). (Post 2)

- Some abilitys/buffs/debuff overright each other, like (Phodom) Heaven´s Bless and (Galeoth) Seal of Resurrection. (Post 2)

-(Andrewski) Galeoth's "Icy barrage" passive skill changes to a slow poison and also a scythe poison.
Due to this, it doesn't stack with the poison from the demon set.
(I gave the demon set to Fradz because I wanted ultra slow poison/cold) (Post 2, unconfirmed by Haruka)

Spells:

- Phodom: Fire Ward,Upgrade: Strong Heal: does not increase the duration from 5 to 10(it will still stay only 5 sec)

Minor Bugs:

- Leader Board: Current Camapign Played: Campaign misspelled.
- Leader Board: Attack Speed is not accurate and displays most of the time the wrong number or no number at all
- (Zaerth) Leader Boards: The damage of hight strike of fradz isn't display.

- You can Craft Aero Shoes with more than 1x Lesser Magic Ball and the number of Balls you Craft the Shoes with is displayed in the item.

- Game Panel: Damage done activated: Does not show Numbers on Boss and some other enemies
- Game Panel: Heroic Archievements, nothing is shown there even if you got Heroic Archievements.

- Galeoth: Crystal Field, Upgrade: Exploding Crystals: Error in the Spellbook tooltip it says 2 sec stun but it is 6 seconds(the recipe also says 6 secs).

- Restore Panel: Restoration Potions: the tooltip does not update it shows 0 potions all the time.

- If you finished the Campaign and go too the Chapter selection, after Chapter 8, Chapter 10 is displayed and then Chapter 9.

- Dragon Orb: The Dragons have the voice of a soldier.

Items without cooldown sweep animations:
- Mask of Illusion
- Ardenaj II
- Ardenaj III

Chapter 1:

Major Bugs:

- Epic Boss: Sometimes the Archmage goes invulnerable and start casting, but nothing happens for 5-10 seconds then the fight continues.
- (bezdak) Epic Boss: The boss heals himself after every golem back too 10k HP if he had less, so if you cant dps him down in between, you cant beat him. (Post 2)

Minor Bugs:

- The Village Music plays around the Village Walls, along with the normal Music.

- After defeating the Archmage the normal music wont play anymore.

- Jailor Kassan, Priest, Guards Max, Drunken 1, Drunken2, Lucky Box and Guard got child icon attack, armor.

Chapter 2:

Major Bugs:

- Epic Boss: It can happen that,if you use Fradz ability: Energy Ball and triggers the Boss where he will port you and creates a copy of Fradz, while in Energy Ball, Fradz will not port and instead will be complete gone, even Fradz icon is gone.

- Cant watch the Interlude, required 7500 Points (i had 14471 Points)

Minor Bugs:

- You can kill the *Crossbowman* Hunter with a Illusion or Elemental before you trigger the Cutscene.(its kinda funny if you kill him and trigger the Cutscene, it seems like Fradz is talking to himself).

Chapter 3:

Major Bugs:

- Cant watch the Interlude, required 10000 Points (i had 14891 Points)

Minor Bugs:

- If you have in Game Panel: Damage done activated. In the bottom left corner of the map you will see continues numbers from 15-20

- Leader Boards: Characters: Espers: Anthanex abilitys damage is displayed as 0.

- In the End after the Riddle Questions, you can rapidly click on Xvareon and see his informations, hes Level 4 and got child armor and attack ^^

- Leaderboard: Optional Quest displays 0/0 (should be 2/2 in the end, Anthanex and Another Realmn does not count)

Chapter 4:

Major Bugs:

- Plagued Fishthern Boss: I got 3x crit errors in a row while fighting him (dont know why)

Minor Bugs:

- Prospero, Jinx, Amaranth, Merchant´s Wife, (The Horses at the Merchant) and Dragon Spirit got child icon attack,armor.

- Final Boss: After the Boss if you click one of the 3 Dragon Slayers, it will show 2 text who overlap. (all of them survived)

- Leader Boards: Miniboss: 5/4 (should show 5/5, 2x Plants,Fish,Miniolol,Spider)
- In the end Chapter Statistic: Game Points: show the Chapter Gamepoints + Campaign Game Points(should show just Chapter Game Points)

- Elite Boss: If you kill him while the screen goes Green, after the cutscene the green Essence will be there until you kill it.

-(bebaxt) Slimes and attacking flowers in chapter 4 do not give any gold. They are not re-spawning units. (Post 2, unconfirmed by Haruka)

Chapter 5:

Major Bugs:

- (Zaerth) You can cross the river, near phodom spawn, by walking underwater.

Minor Bugs:

- If you have in Game Panel: Damage done activated. In the bottom left corner of the map you will see continues numbers from 15-20

-(crazyshort) In chapter 5 I cannot craft greater magic ball. (Post 2, unconfirmed by Haruka)

Leaderboard:
- Mini-Boss: Zombie Jack does not count, Pumpkin does not count and give no honor(if you kill all Miniboss the Leaderboard will display 6/8)
- Campaign Statistic: Game Points are displayed as 0, Chapter Statistic: Game Points displays all my Gamepoints(old+this chapter).

-The Girl childs got child icon armor, the Road Guards and Commander got child icon attack and armor, Kaza Merchant got child icon attack and he got a passive spell in his stock of items(which you cant buy cuz its a passive skill).
The Villagers on the bottom side of the map got Child icon attack, armor.

Chapter 6:

Major Bugs:

- Epic Boss: Jurxy can Mindcontrolle the Espers and you cant continue the fight cuz your stuck.

- Puzzle: If you kill the wrong colored Deathless enemies in short time over and over, you will get a crit error after a few minutes.

Minor Bugs:

- Resident, Resident 2 *Villagers* and Lord of Kar´Gath got child icon attack and armor.
The Circle of Power in the Forgotten one room got child icon armor.

- Xada(demon form) turns the ground texture he walks on black.

- After you got Galeoth, Uummut will still be there at Galeoth Cage and will tell us he that he will never let us enter, but we can enter without a problem.

- Quest: The Forgotten Ones: The second cutscene with the Ghost, the dialog in the end got an error, he told us to get a Magic Staff(should be Adept´s Mage Staff), one Greater Magic Ball, one Topaz, one Potion of Mana(should be Potion of Intellect) and one Elixier(should be erased).(in the Questlog, the right items are displayed)

- If you finished the Chapter, the end screen, Chapter Statistics: Main will be 5/6 (should be 5/5 i gues) and Optional Quest shows 3/4 (there are 6 Optional Quest), Cage, Elite quest and the Epic quest do not count, also the Epic quest is in the Questlog stated as: Undiscovert Quest.
Chapter Statistics: Game Points displays all my Gamepoints. (old+this chapter)

Chapter 7:

Major Bugs:

- If you Level a Hero to 61-65 in Chapter 6 and Level up in Chapter 7 without the Level Ring equiped, you will get forced back too Level 60 and will loose for every Level one skillpoint.

- You can trigger the Auction House with any unit (boxes, Elemental, Illusions) and if the unit dies you will not get the item you bit on.

- Epic Boss: Siluze: If he goes in the middle invulnerable and start spawning Death Bolts, most of spawn outside of the Boss area and they cant enter it.

- If you summon your Boxes in the Arena, you cant summon them to you anymore outside and you need to reload an older save.

Minor Bugs:

- Canon Puzzle: The Hotkeys of the Canon abilitys are in the wrong order:(left to right) Pool of Flame(E), Attack Boost(Q), Seismic Shock(R), Power Blast(W). (should be Q,W,E,R) (Post 2)

- Terdoom Castle Guards, City Resident, Mine Workers, Student, Kaddamn, Magic Guild Wizard, Orc Magician, Magic Stone, Spider Mother, Spider Child, Lizard Child, Lizard Adult, Salamander Child, Salamander Adult, Slimes in the Zoo* (dont know the english names for them), Lightning Ball, Boda, Synthesis Hacker, the Kazas at the Magic guild*, Dragon Seacher, Canontower and Childs got child icon attack, armor. Also 2 Mine Workers are floating over the ground.

- Barret´s Book Store: Life Earring is 2 times in the store.

- The Flowers in Magic Garden will grow as big as trees.

- You can walk inside the big building under the Magic Garden.

- Leaderboard: Optional Quest 3/9 (should be 9/9): Holgro, The Mystery Portal, A Medicine, Magic Garden,Maximillian and Giant Statue does not count towards Optional Quest.
- In the end, Leaderboards Main Quest displays 1/2 (should be 3/3).
- Leaderboards Puzzle displays 3/5 instead of 5/5, 2 of the Mini games do not count.

- Questlog: Elite and Epic Quest Complete shows the same text.

- End Statistics: Chapter Statistics: Game Points displays all my Gamepoints. (old+this chapter)

Chapter 8:

Major Bugs:

- If you Level a Hero to 71-75 in Chapter 7 and Level up in Chapter 8 without the Level Ring equiped, you will get forced back too Level 70 and will loose for every Level one skillpoint.

Minor Bugs:

- Troll Warrior, Troll Worker, Troll Hunter, Troll Magician, Speaking Pinguin, Zhitenxa got child icon attack, armor
-(Skarm) Maybe the TCO Item List is outdated, but i was unable to find Tanas' Miscellaneous Shop anywhere on the map. ()
- in the end Leaderboard: Main and Optional Quest 3/3 and 5/5, but there are 4 Main quest and 7 Optional Quest the tracking in Chapter 8 is a mess some Main Quest count as Optional and some Optional Quest doesnt count at all.
- End Statistics: Chapter Statistics: Game Points displays all my Gamepoints. (old+this chapter)

Chapter 9:

Major Bugs:

- If you Level a Hero to 81-85 in Chapter 8 and Level up in Chapter 9 without the Level Ring equiped, you will get forced back too Level 80 and will loose for every Level one skillpoint.

Minor Bugs:

- You cant combine the 6 Zyl Orbs (3 of them are Zyl Orb 1 and 3 one Zyl Orb) (You can, in fact, combine them, but only with your heroes, boxes don't do this, they function in a similar way to magic orbs).
-(bebaxt) In chapter 9, after Yurgimar fight few of tentacles casting impale kept casting that spell during the cinematics. That costed me at least 10 lives. (Post 2, unconfirmed by Haruka)
- Elite Boss: The Boss Battle Music disappears after the fist video sequence in fight, reappears in the second sequence for 1 sec and reappears in the third sequence for 1 sec.
-(bebaxt) In chapter 9, I wanted to restart the Yurgimar fight and loaded the saved game at the start of the fight; game crushed at the end of the loading. So, I loaded a saved game at the start of the chapter 9. That one also crushed at the same point. (Post 2, unconfirmed by Haruka)
-(Skarm) If you have Ogozoma on a box and upgrade it after the Yurgimar fight it, THEN you try to save without grabbing it, the game will crash with a "cannot read" type error. The game expects said box to have ogozoma in the same position as before, and any other items that were there before the upgrade must also must not be moved, therefore if you put the upgraded ogozoma back and not disturb the box in any way, you may save without crashing. (I don't know if this happens with the heroes inventory as well)

- In the end, Leaderboard: Chapter Statistics: Main Quest 0/3 (should be 7/7), Optional Quest 4/5 (should be 6/6)
- Chapter Statistics: Game Points displays all my Gamepoints. (old+this chapter)

- After deafeating Yurgimar Galeoth,Fradz and Phodom got in the second spell slot a new passive ability that looks like Evade from Illidan (43,95 and 52) this fixed itself in the next Chapter. (only happened too me on Hard.core)

Chapter 10:

Major Bugs:

- Boxes can freely use any item, like summons, Luck items work in them + and -, most aura items work in box.

- Cave Puzzle: Its impossible too test 4 long combinations, the Puzzle resets when walking into the wrong cave, but you never knew when it resets, so you never knew when your combinations starts,the only way too test combination if you never walked into a cave, test a combination and reload a save file.

- Epic Boss: Somehow i skipped Uummut, i killed most death knight than Uummut came, there where like 3 death knight left, i killed them, then a cutscene started and i was fighting vs the Demon, after that Zylcious (Drake). (happened for me only once in Hard.core
- Epic Boss: When the screen flashes in the last phase vs. Zylcious some items on my chars are gone(i would gues droped onto the ground but instand portet to the first stage of the fight) the first time i encountert Zylcious, i lost like 12 items. (also the stacks of items are resettet)
- Some crit errors (happened to me on Extreme often and none on Hard.core( i gues i killed him just to fast on Hard.Core)

- Fradz Ability: Lightnings Storm: can throw the Angel and Zycious (Drake) around Fradz.

- Optional Quest: Libot: Maybe im just too stupid but i did not find him once in 1 hour. (seems like bebaxt found him) (I also found him)

-(bebaxt) (Slimes in chapter 10 can instantly kill my unit with 60-70% magic resistance and 15k health. I am not sure if this is a bug, but it is very annoying to lose life to a normal unit). (Post 2, not confirmed by Haruka) (I can confirm this, even on easy)

Minor Bugs:

- Restore Panel: The Restoration Potion buttom for Fradz is gone, but appears if you use a Restoration Potion from Galeoth, Phodom.

- Quest: Qwerty´s Messages: I collected 5 letters and loaded next day the game, the 6 letter was emty, but i collected 2 more and they were fine and i completed the Quest

- You can kill Malkoga

- The golems in the chapter are neutral.

- Epic Boss: Sometimes instead of flying in the air he flys in the ground.

- Boss Xvareon: If you fight him in the dark Boss room, the Mines from the Epic boss will be still there if you fighted the Epic Boss.

- In the end Leaderboard: Chapter Statistics: Main Quest 0/2 (both mainquest doesnt count), Optional Quest displays 2/0 ( i did not all quest, but Mystery Box and Ultimate Battle does not count) Mini-Boss: 0/1 ( should be 1/1 Mother Mini-Boss) Boss 0/6 ( should be 1/1 i gues Xvareon).
- Campaign Statistics: Heroic Achievements: Went dont to 1/7

- In the end the Dialog box: What do you want to do next: Instead of Save and Start over, there should be just: Start over. (the game saved after you pressed esc for before the box appeared, its a bit confusing that the second option is the only option to save)

Epilogue:

- In Phodoms Familie cutscene: It displayed in the middle of the cutscene, Bad Ending, even when it says Good Endings in the Beginning.(Yep, endings are switched up)

- You can hear almost over the entire Epilogue a Lightning song(maybe its Fradz attacking something with his set).

- In the end at the beautiful song and animation, one of the circles bottom left are missing and in this spot there are no animations

- Credits: Some of the longer names overlap other names.

Bugs that cant be fixed:

- The lags, freezes when Illusions of any kind spawn (Fradz Illusion, Galeoth, Items) in later Chapters(you can turn them off with a command but that would make the skill useless).

- Some lags in the Campaign or some crit errors that happen sometimes. (but maybe some lags can be fixed, like some spell dummys are not probably deleted)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:23:32 pm by Haruka »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to thank you Aero and everyone who helped for making this wonderfull game.

Level 1
When trying out the Swap function from the boxes, it works for most items, but it destroyed one for me. Namely, Widger Queen's Ring, wasn't swapped nor dropped to the ground, it's just gone.
For reference, I'm at the end of Chapter 1, just started playing today. Haven't tried swapping anything after that.

Last edited:
Level 4
Chapter 2
  • I've 100% searched every inch of the map 3 times and I can't find the last mini boss. There is an uncompleted optional quest Khutzi but I've thoroughly explored the mountains and there's no more head items on the ground. I wasn't aware that all chapters have missable quests by defeating the main boss of the chapter except the first one.
  • Couldn't get mediate to work some point during the chapter and it was working again during the elite boss.
  • If exit is chosen on the teleporter inside the mausoleum. It gives the outside sunlight inside it with Dalmasca Westersand playing.
  • After using the lock on Fradz camera setting. Resetting the camera will restore the original view but it keeps very slowly rotating but it behaves fine back on the Fradz lock on.
That Black Merchant kept locking me in a cutscene because I won't buy his Thief Set. I think it better if this was triggered by clicking on him since it just costing delays.

Chapter 3
  • I used my Esper against Omega Monster and I got game over for defeating it. Had to reload last save and skip the scene of it being defeated to bypass it.

Chapter 4
  • Found a typo. After defeating that Death Knight. It says I got Sword of Darkness. The item actual name is Sword of Night.
  • There are actually 5 mini bosses. The table states 4.
  • Epic and elite quest have "B" in the description.
Chapter 5
  • This chapter requires the light option, under video settings of Warcraft III, to be at least medium or high else the entire area is dark filtered.
  • Sometimes the multi board disappears even though I hadn't disabled it. Turning it off and on temporary fixes the problem on this chapter.
Chapter 6
  • I keep getting these large lag spikes, like 5 seconds, when fighting those mini bosses in the middle hallway.
  • When I view new abilities to learn and after some seconds have passed. It returns me to main options of the character like it thinks I've clicked back from the spell menu when I'm just pointing at an ability to read its description.
  • The cutscene dialogue with the mysterious ghost mentions an elixir. The request menu doesn't list it.
  • The saving time has drastically increased since the previous chapters.
  • Swap Item command in the character boxes is bugged. I lost an item and had to reload a save. It only switches the item in the first slot.
  • The Esper battle lags every time the surrounding looping meteors land.
  • Yurgimar optional quest is extremely laggy. I was just barely able to beat him without going through a life. Also his quest is status as undiscovered even after beating him.
Chapter 7
  • I've been playing it all day, trying to do all the quests but now it's lagging so much that I'm most likely going to have to finish the chapter while I miss out on acquiring the Esper since the fight is unplayable due to so much freezing. It plays fine during the cinematic and the car mini game. Freezes a bit when the Portal boss spawns like 15 enemies also but not as bad as the Esper freezing. I'm using a high end powered PC that is way beyond the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne specifications.
  • Priest also mentions an elixir requirement but it's not mentioned in the quest screen for the Medicine quest.
Chapter 8
  • The comical music keeps playing after the bandit scene. I had to reload a save and skip the cinematic to bypass it.
Chapter 9
  • The Obelisk boss is over powered. It's armour goes down and then starts to go up. At some random point the armour sets to 0 and refills, allowing me a moment to deal decent damage to it. Also its healing is too drastic with the amour gain. I don't know if this was intended but it spoiled my first play through since I couldn't break through its HP at all and it took a hour.
  • I completed the teleport quest and the guy didn't take my Lessor Magic Ball which he asked for.
Updated 13th August 2017

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello guys, I'm new here so sorry if I'm doing something wrong xd
So, I've encountered a little problem. I can't see the custom campaign in my game at all!
I've created a folder named "Campaigns" in my wc3 folder and I've put the campaign file in it.
However, when I start my game and go into custom campaigns, I can see nothing at all. Tried googling it but coud not find an answer, and seems like I'm the only one with the problem (cool)
So, if any of you know a solution please be so kind and tell me :)
btw. I have the newest wc3 patch(1.28.2) and the newest TCO version, I'm using windows 7, and starting wc3 as an administrator doesnt work.
edit: also I have tried putting other campaigns into the folder, none of them worked.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello guys, I'm new here so sorry if I'm doing something wrong xd
So, I've encountered a little problem. I can't see the custom campaign in my game at all!
I've created a folder named "Campaigns" in my wc3 folder and I've put the campaign file in it.
However, when I start my game and go into custom campaigns, I can see nothing at all. Tried googling it but coud not find an answer, and seems like I'm the only one with the problem (cool)
So, if any of you know a solution please be so kind and tell me :)
btw. I have the newest wc3 patch(1.28.2) and the newest TCO version, I'm using windows 7, and starting wc3 as an administrator doesnt work.
edit: also I have tried putting other campaigns into the folder, none of them worked.
By default. There should be a campaign folder located in your Warcraft III program files directory. Inside, it should contain a campaign of the extra levels that were excluded from the original Warcraft III demo. User-made campaigns can only be played on The Frozen Throne expansion if you hadn't got it installed.

Also, from what I've read from one of the comments, Windows administrator is required to play the game. Something about the game won't proceed past the intro without it for some strange reason.

---

Dark Messiah didn't spawn at chapter 6
You got to go easy when fighting Xada. If I remember correctly. When he's low on HP and he fully recharges his mana. That's when he morphs into the appearance of Illadan's demon form. Be aware he's harder in that state. You get a hidden achievement unlock but it disappears on a later chapter.

Last edited:
Level 1
so yes... i don't know if anyone is still here... but i updated wc3 to 1.29 and have several bugs:

1. I see A LOT of enemies with child pictures
2. All units in the game are hostile (e.g. good sir whatever his name is in chapter 1) and are killing me during interludes
3. A lot of the description text in the game is missing
4. Cannot find any way to sell items (since everyone is hostile, maybe?)
these are only those that come to mind right now, but there are more
Will there be any update on this?

P.S. can provide screenshots if needed

Level 1
Warcraft 3 chashes when i want to save in Kargath.

Its telling me something, that for this procedure not enough memory.

But i wonder if this can be true. Got around 40 GB free and 8 GB Ram.

Does someone know what to do?

Attachments

• chosen ones error.jpg
    chosen ones error.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 121
Level 1
i have found 2 bugs

the first: when i switch items with a chest it takes the first item in my inventory and deletes the first item in the chest

the second; at the end of chapter 3 after im done with the quiz and i pres ESC the game just crashes on me