• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buff problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i have this:

• Unit - A unit starts an effect of an ability
  • Conditions - Ability being cast equal to Inner fire
  • Actions - hero - modify strength of (target unit being ability being cast: add 10
  • if - triggering unit has buff inner fire equal to true
  • Then - Hero modify strength of (taget unit of ability being cast):substract 10
I dont know how to do it when it finish to give back original strength. Like my hero get 10 strength, i add that buf which means my hero will have 20, and when inner fire is done that 10 strength to dissapear. Help please!

Level 22
this is what does maker mean
  • Inner Fire Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Inner Fire
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Hero - Modify Strength of TempUnit: Add 10
      • Unit Group - Add TempUnit to TempGroup
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (TempGroup is empty) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Inner Fire Check <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • Inner Fire Check
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
            • If - Conditions
              • (TempUnit has buff Inner Fire) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove TempUnit from TempGroup
              • Hero - Modify Strength of TempUnit: Subtract 10
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (TempGroup is empty) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
      • Set TempUnit = No Unit

Last edited:
Level 13
I think Wrathion is not refering to waits but to an indexed counter as a pseudo wait. I'm not sure if it's much better, it just avoids the use of a unit group which some might view as beneficial, and a better practice.

As to nulling globals I have heard mixed responses, I doubt it would hurt but seems unlikely to add or subtract much.

Level 20
I think Wrathion is not refering to waits but to an indexed counter as a pseudo wait. I'm not sure if it's much better, it just avoids the use of a unit group which some might view as beneficial, and a better practice.

As to nulling globals I have heard mixed responses, I doubt it would hurt but seems unlikely to add or subtract much.

It is like Reading Index and Listener Index with wait Right??? It is from the tutorial of Mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.