• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buff problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I created a tirggered spell that searches every .01 seconds for a unit with a certain buff. However the buff isisnt added when the spell is used. Because the spell didint start with a buff, i cant copy off that. Could anyone help?

Level 9

It is for the spell contest.

Just to clear it up:

I gave a spell a buff.
Every .01 seconds a trigger try to detect that certain buff.
If it does, it adds the unit found with that buff to a unit group.

Thing is the buff isint showing up at all.

Is that more clear?

Level 11
Event - Every 0.10 seconds
Conditions - Number of Units within Playable Map matching ((Matching Unit) has buff equal to true) greater than 0
Actions - Pick Up Every unit within Playable Map matching ((Matching Unit) has buff equal to true) and do actions
->

And then you do whatever actions you want. This should work!

~Daelin

Level 9

You seem to think i need a trigger of some sort, im realizing none of my buffs i added to my spells actualy apear on the targets or are counted as buffs, i think i edited a field in the buff or something. The dummy unit worked, besides that fact that it took every unit within range rather than the targets hit.

My problem is not the trigger, its the buff, its just not showing up or adding its special effect, that is my problem.

Ok i got other buffs to work, but im starting to think buffs wont work in a chain spell, anyone tried this?

Level 2
just a thought, but if you set it to search for it every .01 seconds, its going to lag so incredibly badly that wc3 will shut down...

Level 7
Searching for conditions doesn't cause lag, sloppy triggers causes lag. But back to the matter at hand, just try using the spirit link ability, or failing that make it pick a unit and create a dummy to perform the action on it, and make the initial spells hit only a single target, then just add a count so it hits the proper amount of targets and you are set.

Level 11
01. doesn't lag for sure. As long as you add good conditions repetitive timers cannot lag. If they are not used a lot of course since excesive use of such triggers may cause excesive lags. So use them only when you are sure they won't be used by a hundred triggers at the same time. I'm exaggerating of course with the hundred but try to make your spells as accurate as possible.

~Daelin

Level 9

That would be nice for a nice short jumping spell >.> creating several dummys and having them cast a spell at an exact point for 35 units is a bit of a pain (especialy when there arnt 35 units around) picking a unit at random and making the dummy use a chain-like attack might cause the dummy to attack the same unit 35 times if theres noone else around, and if u removed him from the units to be attacked, theres still the issue of if theres 1 unit, it might attack twice, three times before the unit is removed from the group (causing a fatal amount of damage to any one unit)
Anyway, the spell is done, except for the fact of the buff, i dont see why spirit link would not work on any chain spell but ill try to base it off spirit link and spirit link buff.

Level 11
Spirit Link buff doesn't solve the problem of making a spell show no buff. Its the Chain Lightning spell which is the problem. It is made by Blizzard to avoid the duration field or something like. Conclusion: You cannot make Chain Lightning or other spells which usually don't leave a buff (like... Mana Burn) to leave a buff. You need to use dummy units but in case of Chain Lightning I'd say it is a little bit to difficult to know which units were touched by the spell. Making Chain spells can be a hard stuff and I find this one a difficult cattegory. Can't wait to see what you will be doing guys.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.