• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNUltraPelican

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Another revamped icon, this time of this.

The Pelican is the standard ground-troop aerial transport vehicle of the UNSC. As well as carrying squads of marines, it can convey smaller vehicles like Warthogs and Mongooses to the frontlines of battle. The Pelican remains the most common and used aerial vehicle of the UNSC, even more common than Hornets.
ANOTHER Halo icon, I get bored on the weekends.

100% freehand again. It can also be a cockpit, or any other aerial vehicle. I have a Pelican model, which I shall not upload.

Also, there is a model called the Halcyon by anarchianbedlam that resembles a Halo Pelican, however, it does have noticeable changes.

Keywords:
Pelican, UNSC, Halo, Aerial Transport Vehicle, Halcyon, Twin Engines, Green, Windscreen
Contents

BTNUltraPelican (Icon)

Reviews
16:07, 30th Dec 2010 Pyramidhe@d: This is just a cockpit. I cant tell where it comes from. It is also incredibly dull

M

16:07, 30th Dec 2010
Pyramidhe@d: This is just a cockpit. I cant tell where it comes from. It is also incredibly dull

Level 11
Aren't they called "Hornets" :eek: ?
It looks good, but i woulden't be able to see what it was without the name :/.
It's nice, but you could've drawn it from an other angle, anyway nice someone is giving so much work for Halo :)!

Level 9
Not nice to see half the icon in total darkness.

I agree. Dont' get me wrong though, it's cool for a Halo icon. It would just be more satisfying if the form was executed correctly at an angle facing the viewer or something.

4/5 because it's better than 3/5 and there are few Halo icons in retrospect!

--

Aren't they called "Hornets" :eek: ?

Hornets are the Halo: Reach gunships. Pelicans are the transports.

@darkdeathknight: You do know that comments like that won't make you a good 'icon reviewer' either? That's your subjective opinion, no offense, ie. it's putting something you think into critique.
Yes, I know, it is good to have that eg. "Man, love that icon coz it is shiny!" or "Not cool, the colours are so ugly imo", and even this post was good, but this isn't exactly on par with the examples;
"I don't like 'versatile' icons coz they make you look lazy."