1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNHatred

Submitted by Godslayer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I made this icon for my map called Warhammer 3rd Storm of Chaos.
It was ment to be an icon for a passive ability for a dwarfen warrior. @ Warhammer dwarfes have a big book were all crimes against their race are written down.
So the dwarf tells his allies allies what every enemy has done to his race, so that his allies may fight them with hatred.

I dont care what you use this icon for, but it would be nice if you give credits.

Update: improved the lighning glow

Update: icon works now ingame :D

Keywords:
Dwarf, Warhammer, Book, Hatred, Damaz Kron
Contents

BTNHatred (Icon)

Reviews
13:16, 15th Jul 2009 zombie2279: Add some further shading to the hand on the right side, it looks really plain this way. The rest is awesome. 9:41, 18th Jul 2009 zombie2279: Still plain, but it's definitely satisfactory quality.
  1. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    thanks for this usefull tipps, i will do what i can when i finished my current icon i am working on

2. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @zombie2279: many people do these mistakes. Start drawing the basis already, and it's turning out fine, but when they catch theirselves, they are at the wrong layer. Then, the wand should be used to alpha the rest, and it gets the look of a CnP/ripoff.
    But the fact that he didnt use separate layers to the arm and the book makes it pretty possible that it's stolen.

3. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Whether it's C&Ped or not, it looks like shit right now. That blue glow needs to go. The thick black outlines ruin the quality of the icon. The pose is very static. The only good thing about this icon, in my opinion, is the book.

If you change things a bit, I'll up my rating.

4. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    about the pose i have to aggro totaly, but i tried out some poses and that fit my idea most. about the outlines i have to aggro partly, they are thick, but that gives the icon a kinda comic-like look. and the blue glow will stay, because i made this icon for a hero with a blue-electrical theme

5. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mm, but it's not the fact that it's blue that's the problem. Look at it, it's all flat and ugly. It looks like you cut the book and hand out of a sheet of paper and stuck it on a picture of a halogen lamp. If this was truly made for an electrical-themed hero, I would expect sparks and jolts of lightning to be shooting out of his fingers. At least try to make things look 3D, it's already bad enough that you took a bird's-eye-view perspective on the hands.

6. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i know its flat... but now i tell the whole story:D :
    this is an icon for a dwarfen warrior hero, and i got standart wc3 icons for all hios abilitys. out of that one, so i made one myself, and that had to be fitting to the other icons and his abilitys so---> blue. then it was important there is a opened book with one hand pointing @ the book and one @ the cam. well but with all the more dynamic versions there always the book kinda fell off. means it was too small of actual pixel-size, or too big in proportion with the hands. so i had no choice, but to make this... static version.

when this does not fit in the herosheme (didnt import yet, cause my mate isharioth has the latest version of the map) i will completely redo it anyway.

7. Jimnaboo

Jimnaboo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like the new glow, so disregard number 3.
    Glow also complements book so I don't think its necessary to lighten it anymore (ignore 2.)
    I still think you should lighten up the hand outlines (keep 1.).

*edit* You might want the new glow/sparks to overlap the bottom of the book to make it look like the book is sending out the sparks instead of the sparks sending out the book. Catch me? */edit*

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  8. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i´ll see what that looks like and if its cool im gonna give it a try.
    and thx 4 the review

9. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice icon man, good work.

10. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, it looks better, but it's still flat. The point is that the glow shouldn't be UNDER THE IMAGE. It should be PART OF THE IMAGE.

11. expazatrix

expazatrix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks really good, keep up the awesome work!