• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNBottle1

This is my first potion icon. I made it at school.
Was boring and drew it at paper, scaned, worked with gimp.
Changes:
-Zoomed in
-Defined glass
-BG glow reduced
-Liquid transparent a bit

Keywords:
Bottle, Potion, Drink, Glass, Wine
Contents

BTNBottle1 (Icon)

Reviews
02:03, 15th Oct 2009 enjoy: make the liqued more transparent, change color of the background, so the liqued inside the bottle doesn't blend to much into the background. Maybe define it abit more too. Simple bottle, but looks nice. enjoy: No...

M

02:03, 15th Oct 2009
enjoy: make the liqued more transparent, change color of the background, so the liqued inside the bottle doesn't blend to much into the background. Maybe define it abit more too. Simple bottle, but looks nice.

enjoy: No changes made, but might be useful.

Make the liquid inside the bottle less thick and light. Other than that its fantastic.

Lights... ok, about liquid... do you mean "make bottle glass thicker"?
Liquids dont have thikness :D
EDIT: Making battle glass thicker is too much trouble -.- it is a lot of layers (total 8, 2 for glass)
I have asked if I need to zoom in. Did I need to do it?

Well executed and well done. The only thing that should be fixed is the glow. it stops very suddenly and it doesn't make it look realistic. Also, you might want to slightly differ the glows colour from the potions colour because i could look very confusing.

But other than that, a very well done icon. Good Work NFWar.

3/5

~Dentothor

Well executed and well done. The only thing that should be fixed is the glow. it stops very suddenly and it doesn't make it look realistic. Also, you might want to slightly differ the glows colour from the potions colour because i could look very confusing.

But other than that, a very well done icon. Good Work NFWar.

3/5

~Dentothor
Ow... ok working on that.
EDIT: I have some ideas.
To improove potion I can:
-Make glass better visible by put some transperment white smudge lines
and mess them up abit
-Place some metalic parts on potion to make it nicer. Also it is better for warriors that carry it.
It is leaser chance that potion cracks at battle :] BTW... nice thing to put some triggers at map
that will destroy potion of fighting warriors with percentage :D

EDIT: Icon Updated.

Last edited: