• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Addon for regular World Editor, you can use more tiles, like in those modified editors.

Level 5
Level 5
Ill use this for sure when its done!
:D

Good luck, I hope it turns out AWESOME!

ive always wanted somthin that checks spelling built into world editor, or atleast built into a tooltip creator.

a bot that host a map for you then leaves might be nice, for everyone who cant host (ppls who can would put theese in their clan for members who cant host)

a program that generates nice random terrains would be good

an updated WEU

me and a few friends trying to make a custom mpq, we could use an installer/updater XD

Heres a few options ^.^

Level 11
ive always wanted somthin that checks spelling built into world editor, or atleast built into a tooltip creator.
That would be useful.

a bot that host a map for you then leaves might be nice, for everyone who cant host (ppls who can would put theese in their clan for members who cant host)
That is generally impossible... (Or just obscenely impractical.)

a program that generates nice random terrains would be good
That would take an obscene amount of time to create.

an updated WEU
It exists i nthe latest NewGen editor. Download and use it. (Link in my sig) Enable UMSWE under the UMSWE menu that NewGen adds to the main editor window.

me and a few friends trying to make a custom mpq, we could use an installer/updater XD
Grimoire can already inject arbitrary MPQs with an arbitrary priority. So making a custom war3/x/patch.mpq is just stupid at this point.

Level 17
Spell checker? Weeell.. They aren't 100 percent reliable. When I use MS Word I rather turn off the spell checker because it makes my correct sentences shine in all the colours of the rainbow.
I think it would take too much time to create compared to its usefulness.

However, if Risc, or someone else is still bored then I might be able to give him an idea:
Today I was working with a lot of researches and units in JASS and it was so annoying to switch to the object editor then turn on the menu option which makes the object editor show the unit's UnitID and not its name then memorize it and type it into your JASS script.
It would be nice to have a button in the JASS editor which opens up a dialog (similiar to its GUI counterpart) to select your unit / research / item or whatever you need and then paste it's ID to your JASS script.

Level 11
Spell checker? Weeell.. They aren't 100 percent reliable. When I use MS Word I rather turn off the spell checker because it makes my correct sentences shine in all the colours of the rainbow.
I think it would take too much time to create compared to its usefulness.

However, if Risc, or someone else is still bored then I might be able to give him an idea:
Today I was working with a lot of researches and units in JASS and it was so annoying to switch to the object editor then turn on the menu option which makes the object editor show the unit's UnitID and not its name then memorize it and type it into your JASS script.
It would be nice to have a button in the JASS editor which opens up a dialog (similiar to its GUI counterpart) to select your unit / research / item or whatever you need and then paste it's ID to your JASS script.

you do know you can press CTRL+D to switch to rawcode view, right?

Level 36
Make one of those programs that help you create colored texts and tooltips, but as a plugin for NewGen so that it opens up whenever you edit a text in the object editor.

That would be brilliant. I would totally make that if I knew how =)

For another suggestion, maybe you could make a complete "limit remover" script that gets rid of annoying little things in WC3 editor like only being able to give an item 5 abilities (can be solved with shift and rawcodes, but still) and things like that, removes the terrain height limit, etc. For NewGen.

Level 17
you do know you can press CTRL+D to switch to rawcode view, right?

Of course, but it's a pain in the ass to switch to the object editor tab, look up your unit, switch to raw code view then back to your JASS editor. An alternative solution is to always have a GUI trigger and select the unit there then convert it to custom script to get the unit / item / tech / whatever rawcode. It's slightly faster than looking up manually in the object editor.
Well, it was just an idea.

howabout an easy to configure prog that runs other progs at certain times, after activation and/or maybe an autorun mod of this for startup

EXAMPLE:
i click program, it opens with 2 options. (EDIT RUNLIST) (RUNTHELIST)
EDIT RUNLIST: when clicked gives say 10(maybe editable) open spaces for filepaths, and below each is a time. which reprisents howlong after the first prog is ran, it will run that particular program.
RUNTHELIST: runs every program on the list after the specified times pass

USES: when i get on i like to open up a few diff websites all at once, then i want to play warcraft (with a few extra progs) that i want to exicute without me clicking. Later i want to Run a Virus Scan, then shutdown.
so i run this, set shutdown for say 45 mins, and then start virus scan. and go to bed, instead of waiting.

Level 5
howabout an easy to configure prog that runs other progs at certain times, after activation and/or maybe an autorun mod of this for startup

EXAMPLE:
i click program, it opens with 2 options. (EDIT RUNLIST) (RUNTHELIST)
EDIT RUNLIST: when clicked gives say 10(maybe editable) open spaces for filepaths, and below each is a time. which reprisents howlong after the first prog is ran, it will run that particular program.
RUNTHELIST: runs every program on the list after the specified times pass

USES: when i get on i like to open up a few diff websites all at once, then i want to play warcraft (with a few extra progs) that i want to exicute without me clicking. Later i want to Run a Virus Scan, then shutdown.
so i run this, set shutdown for say 45 mins, and then start virus scan. and go to bed, instead of waiting.

It's called Scheduler in Windows. It's been shipping with Windows since W95.

Level 22
How about creating something very simple for adding particles, shrinking/enlarging a model, changing the position of a vertex. We want to ignore having to import back to a modelling program and War3Model Editor still has its mysteries, not to say the particle options are not very clear and I am sure many have no clue what each of the options oes. Like they need so many options. In other words: How about smth that offers features like the War3 Model editor and doesn't need war3 MPQ to launch it unlike magos' and yet has simplified ways to fix animations, add particles, etc.

How about creating something very simple for adding particles, shrinking/enlarging a model, changing the position of a vertex. We want to ignore having to import back to a modelling program and War3Model Editor still has its mysteries, not to say the particle options are not very clear and I am sure many have no clue what each of the options oes. Like they need so many options. In other words: How about smth that offers features like the War3 Model editor and doesn't need war3 MPQ to launch it unlike magos' and yet has simplified ways to fix animations, add particles, etc.

Magos is perfectly fine for particles, it has ALL OPTIONS avalabile (regarding particles) and if you think they are not necesarry. you just know to little about mdl code. Shrinking/enlarging model = Vertexmodify, magos, mdlvis. Changing position of a vertex = Vertexmodify, mdlvis (magos isnt as good). "Not to say many particle options are not clear..." because you don't read tutorials, and don't know much about SFX at all. "Like they need so many options" ... I won't reply to this. "How about smth that offers features like the War3 Model editor and doesn't need war3 MPQ to launch" Dude, it needs MPQs to launch because 99% of the models use in-game textures. "fix animations, add particles, etc." = mdlvis and magos.

People. You just DON'T NEED more modeling tools for wc3. Everything you will ever need is already made. If you want something which scales, rotates,s translates model without screwing animations, pick geoset translator by oinkerwinkle. Just do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.