• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Books or movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I prefer movies, but that is because I never really got pulled into the story of a book. Even though I'm now more trying to use my imagination, I always read just because it had to be done for school (yes, that problem). I was never good at using my own imagination when reading a book.

By the way, my favorite movies are the movies with great music, beautiful scenery and a lot of originality, and less based on a story. So I guess that makes it clear why I prefer movies.

I got bored of watching forgettable movies and reading forgettable books, so I decided to look for the ones cosidered the best.

I guess I just like to see and hear things. :smile:

Level 27
There's a bit of both. There are many elements of books that are simply better left to your imagination, and there are many elements that you really have to see to truly feel. There are plots that are far too complex to be encompassed as a movie, and just as many that would be far too simplistic or boring to be written as a book. It really comes down to what you want to make.
Okay, how about a movie that sometimes pauses so you can read it like you would a book? :p

I think of it like this:
What do you prefer, real life or the internet?

But I wouldn't want to part with either or them.

Level 26
Okay, how about a movie that sometimes pauses so you can read it like you would a book? :p
That would break flow. When a person sticks a straw in another's head to suck out his delicious brains, you would end up drinking a lot less gooey brain juice if you had to take out your straw from the guy's head every so often and stick it in another person to suck. You would get less chances to immerse yourself in the oozing goodness of the human nervous system. You should choose a single person to feast on and finish before moving on to another. One delectable victim is reading, and another is watching. You should choose one and suck it dry before moving on to another for your meal.

Mmm...brain juice...

Status
Not open for further replies.