Bones Scourge v1.1.5

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

>> What would have happened if Illidan Stormrage had managed to complete his spell in the ruins of Dalaran and had destroyed the Frozen Throne with the Eye of Sargeras?

>> Description
> Name - Bones Scourge
> Version - 1.1.5
> Collaborator as Map Tester - Blasterixx
> Context - This campaign continues the alternate story of the "
Fallen Kingdoms" campaign.

>> Difficulty - Normal

>> Races
> Undead
> Night Elves

>> Main Heroes
> Illidan
> Maiev

>> v1.1.5 - Current - April 20, 2021
> This is a quick update to fix serious campaign bugs.
> The variable difficulty system has been removed as it was buggy, it will be implemented again later when I can polish it up and get it to work properly.
> Most of the errors reported occurred when saving and reloading the game, this was due to the specific variables, these variables have been replaced by general variables to avoid this type of failure.
> Similarly, I have fixed several bugs from the final battle. Now it shouldn't give any kind of problem.
> In general, all the failures were related to each other. I would like to do a major update, but currently I don't have the time. I do this because I don't like to leave the campaign with those bugs. I hope that with this update all or almost all have been solved.

>> v1.1.5 - Current - April 20, 2021

>> By Ujimasa Hojo
> Zombie and Derivatives
> Ghoul and Derivatives
> Dragon and Derivatives
> Warlock (Stormreaver) and Derivatives
> Pit Lord and Derivatives

>> by MatiS
> Nerubian Ziggurat
> Nerubian Armory
> Nerubian Barracks
> Nerubian Hatchery

>> by Anvil Direfury Galadgod HappyCockroach Paultaker
> Armored Skeleton

>> by -Grendel
> Fresh Shambler
> Crossbowman
> Skull Sentinel
> BTNDeadwood

>> by FerSZ
> Fel/Shadow Shivarra

>> by AndrewOverload519
> Shadow Warrior

>> by BossGengar
> Skeletal Felguard

>> by Stefan.K
> Butcher

>> by Mc !
> CrystalGolem

>> by Kuhneghetz
> Venom/Fire/Ice/Earth Mephit

>> by Arch-archdemon
> Fel Zombies & Pale Orc

>> by WhiteDeath
> FrostRevenant

>> by Wandering Soul
> Glaive Maiden

>> by PROXY
> Gul'dan

>> by Cuore
> Night Elf Huntress - unarmored

>> by Rubellu Sidus
> The Lich King - Unleashed

>> by Direfury
> Mountain King

>> by Callahan
> Specter & Nightmare

>> by kangyun
> Battle For Azeroth - Sylvanas
> Lady Liadrin V3

>> by Sellenisko
> PaleVal'kyrSvH

>> by Mister_Haudrauf
> Skeletal PitLord

>> by 4eNNightmare
> BTN4eNMask

>> by kola
> BTNFireStaff

>> by lelyanra
> BTNEvadeNE

>> by GreyArchon
> BTNHuntressDefend

>> by Golden-Drake
> BTNReincarnationWarden

>> by AndrewOverload519
> BTNShadowWarrior

>> If you don't have the necessary version to play this campaign, you can download it here - Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files by MasterBlaster

As is normal in the first versions, it is possible that there are still errors, if you find any I would appreciate it if you would let me know so that we can solve it as soon as possible. Any advice is welcome, regards.
Contents

Bones Scourge v1.1.5 (Campaign)

Reviews
Level 6
Game crashes right before I kill the final boss sadly.
Thanks for commenting and rating, I will review the final battle to see if I find the problem. It did not fail me in the tests but I may have forgotten something.

Regards.

EDIT: I have tried it and it has not failed me, I will wait to see if it happens to someone else to see what it can be.

Thunder1 said:
I found a bug in chapter 3 Ilidan disapered...
Illidan disappear? Sorry but I don't understand, when does it disappear?

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks for commenting and rating, I will review the final battle to see if I find the problem. It did not fail me in the tests but I may have forgotten something.

Regards.

EDIT: I have tried it and it has not failed me, I will wait to see if it happens to someone else to see what it can be.

Illidan disappear? Sorry but I don't understand, when does it disappear?
No problem I enjoyed it alot. A few grammar errors here and there and the final boss crash for me but I really liked it.

Also all chapters are visible, you should hide them. If (for example) go straight to mission 2 without playing mission 1 Illidan won't show probably because of a non existing game cache. I think that's what he meant maybe.

Level 6
No problem I enjoyed it alot. A few grammar errors here and there and the final boss crash for me but I really liked it.

Also all chapters are visible, you should hide them. If (for example) go straight to mission 2 without playing mission 1 Illidan won't show probably because of a non existing game cache. I think that's what he meant maybe.
I'm glad that despite the mistake you enjoyed the campaign, I'm still looking for the possible mistake. But now I don't have a lot of free time and the updates will go slower.

On the other hand, what all chapters are visible from the beginning, I do it to make it easier to play again in case of update, so that players can go directly to the chapter they want without having to replay everything. Although of course, it can cause problems if a chapter is started without having completed the previous one, because as you said, there will be no cache to load.

Regards.

PS: I am already looking for someone to help me translate the texts into English, I am very angry how bad it is because of my low level in this language.

Level 3
We do like everything, just thorow some new spells, items, eastern eggs, maybe secret chapters and cool story, maybe 3-4 heroes, also some demi heroes units that assist you, can use items in inventory. :D Also add how many chapters are and interludes for both of them.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 51
The difficulty message should appear at the end of the cinematic mode.
Any reason why the selection circles show like the units are submerged or something? anima.png It got self-fixed after a while and back again. I guess it might be dependent on places you are on the map or something.
Metamorphosis' hotkey is S and you can't use S for Stop because of that.
What's a Syrr?

Will edit as I progress further.

Level 6
The difficulty message should appear at the end of the cinematic mode.
Any reason why the selection circles show like the units are submerged or something? View attachment 376953 It got self-fixed after a while and back again. I guess it might be dependent on places you are on the map or something.
Metamorphosis' hotkey is S and you can't use S for Stop because of that.
What's a Syrr?

Will edit as I progress further.
The fast access thing goes through the language, I program in Spanish and the fast access of the stop in my language is not the S, it is something I did not take into account.

Regarding the selection circles, it was a design error when creating the map, it happens due to a map design error when establishing the height levels, it also happens in the last one.
its quite short. but still fun to play. the 1 i didnt like is da hotkey. qwer seem better
hope to see your next story (maybe maiev agaign Legion)
Thanks for commenting and rating.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 51
I don't understand anything... That map has been tested a thousand times and had never failed, I really don't understand.
Maybe it's because
?

Level 6
Maybe it's because
?
I just did the test, reloading the game and it works anyway, the lever appears and also the mark on the minimap... I don't know what to tell you the truth.

EDIT: I don't have time to do more tests today, leave it as "awaiting update" and I'll see. Thanks for your time.

Level 6
This project is stopped indefinitely. Three different users have reported to me three different errors on different maps, errors that have only happened to those users. Since none of these errors have happened to me, I can't fix something that I don't see. So for now, be advised that there will be no updates or new content. There is no point in updating something without first fixing the existing errors, and it does not make sense to keep uploading content if I have an uploaded campaign that is not working.

Regards.

Level 6
Hey, is any information from this conversation useful to solving the issue?
I will review it as soon as I can, thanks for the input.

EDIT: The case coincides, since the variable that fails you is a specific one, I can replace it with a generic one, it's easy to do. But since the error does not happen to me, I would not know if doing that solves something or not.

Last edited:
Level 16
This project is stopped indefinitely. Three different users have reported to me three different errors on different maps, errors that have only happened to those users. Since none of these errors have happened to me, I can't fix something that I don't see. So for now, be advised that there will be no updates or new content. There is no point in updating something without first fixing the existing errors, and it does not make sense to keep uploading content if I have an uploaded campaign that is not working.

Regards.
Unless you are 100% sure Thunder and Nick are using the correct patch required, then I would be hesitant to assume they do, since many people who don't state the exact version they are playing could be using any random patch. I personally know Thunder did exactly that in another campaign, with an exact same game cache issue as he described here, Chinese Paladin: Liu Su - The Search , so he might be using an older patch to play this also. (Not bashing him or anything. We just need to be clear that even though you write 1.31 is required in the map description doesn't mean players will actually read it.)

As for the 1.31 bugs, they should become non-existant when 1.32+ releases custom campaigns, so hopefully you won't need to actually change anything--- blizzard's 1.32+ will hopefully erase those issues.

Level 6
Unless you are 100% sure Thunder and Nick are using the correct patch required, then I would be hesitant to assume they do, since many people who don't state the exact version they are playing could be using any random patch. I personally know Thunder did exactly that in another campaign, with an exact same game cache issue as he described here, Chinese Paladin: Liu Su - The Search , so he might be using an older patch to play this also. (Not bashing him or anything. We just need to be clear that even though you write 1.31 is required in the map description doesn't mean players will actually read it.)

As for the 1.31 bugs, they should become non-existant when 1.32+ releases custom campaigns, so hopefully you won't need to actually change anything--- blizzard's 1.32+ will hopefully erase those issues.
The truth is that what bothers me are not the errors themselves, it bothers me that I do not see them, because that way it is impossible for me to fix them. Peers may not be using the correct version, but deepstrasz is using the correct patch. And yet an error appears that I can not find in any way.

But I guess I'll try to substitute the variables and update to see what happens. Although it will take a long time, until end of may or june I do not think I can update because I have not free time.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 51
  1. Shandris doesn't have a hero glow. It can simply be added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  2. Is the second chapter map supposed to be under fog of war instead of black mask? you can see where the free mine and the enemy bases are from the start.
  3. The Tree of Ages should be rooted and the mine already entangled. Or was it intended to attack the nearby mine undead with the Ancients?
  4. Garp could have a better model.
  5. Some of the lich's summoned units don't know how to reach your base and get stuck in the purple one.
  6. After the two bases are down, and the lich is moved to the northern fountain of health, the butchers and rippers are still summoned down in the south.
The issue with chapter three is that it's too linear. About that, the first map could have some more going to it than killing stuff over and over, maybe some puzzles.

I guess there should be a sort of pattern for the 5 switches in chapter 5 otherwise there's no reason for them to be 5.

The techtree could use some improvements. Feels like the original one but handicapped. The nerubians, as well could use more diverse units.
If you want to finish the optional quest with Smiley and Xyss, you have to destroy the green base and you have to do it before the timer expires otherwise you win when the base is destroyed.

There's no real point to engage the Val'kyr when you win after killing Anub'arak with the cannon.

Got a crash after killing Ner'zhul right after Sylvanas said "Kill them". Happens every time.
Approved.

Level 6
  1. Shandris doesn't have a hero glow. It can simply be added: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  2. Is the second chapter map supposed to be under fog of war instead of black mask? you can see where the free mine and the enemy bases are from the start.
  3. The Tree of Ages should be rooted and the mine already entangled. Or was it intended to attack the nearby mine undead with the Ancients?
  4. Garp could have a better model.
  5. Some of the lich's summoned units don't know how to reach your base and get stuck in the purple one.
  6. After the two bases are down, and the lich is moved to the northern fountain of health, the butchers and rippers are still summoned down in the south.
The issue with chapter three is that it's too linear. About that, the first map could have some more going to it than killing stuff over and over, maybe some puzzles.

I guess there should be a sort of pattern for the 5 switches in chapter 5 otherwise there's no reason for them to be 5.

The techtree could use some improvements. Feels like the original one but handicapped. The nerubians, as well could use more diverse units.
If you want to finish the optional quest with Smiley and Xyss, you have to destroy the green base and you have to do it before the timer expires otherwise you win when the base is destroyed.

There's no real point to engage the Val'kyr when you win after killing Anub'arak with the cannon.

Got a crash after killing Ner'zhul right after Sylvanas said "Kill them". Happens every time.
Approved.
Thanks for the review and for the time invested. I hope to be able to update soon and fix the issues discussed above.
  • I was looking for a model for Garp but I didn't find any that I liked and in the end it turned out that way.
  • The bugs of the final battle I already found and will be fixed in the update.
  • In the second map I let the map be seen on purpose, my reasoning was that the Night Elves already know the area.
  • In the fifth map if you eliminate all the creeps if what you said happens, if not, and you only defend, after time runs out it asks you to kill them.

Once again, thank you and I hope you at least enjoyed it more than the first version of the previous one.

Regards.

Level 6
> Update v1.1.5 - April 20, 2021
  • This is a quick update to fix serious campaign bugs.
  • The variable difficulty system has been removed as it was buggy, it will be implemented again later when I can polish it up and get it to work properly.
  • Most of the errors reported occurred when saving and reloading the game, this was due to the specific variables, these variables have been replaced by general variables to avoid this type of failure.
  • Similarly, I have fixed several bugs from the final battle. Now it shouldn't give any kind of problem.
  • In general, all the failures were related to each other. I would like to do a major update, but currently I don't have the time. I do this because I don't like to leave the campaign with those bugs. I hope that with this update all or almost all have been solved.

Last edited: