1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bomb

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Apostle, May 26, 2017.

1. Rem

Rem

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's see, you could use "Doom" since its un-dispell-able or maybe cyclone (it could be made un-dispell-able), there are a few other abilities

2. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doom silences the target and cyclone cyclones the target. If these effects are not intended, these abilities cannot be used for this.
    Shadow Strike could work, but I did not want to limit the user to not use shadow strike on the same unit, so I rather made a code that works for an ability based on Channel.

I personally never use waits in my spells, because of the inaccuracy, but if you don't care that much about accuracy, you can of course use waits.

3. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was meant to be used on building, so shadow strike would be fine

4. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would this work?

• Untitled Trigger 12
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike (Custom)
      • Actions
        • Set BUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Set BCastingUnit = (Casting unit)
        • Wait 10.00 game-time seconds
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (BUnit is alive) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Cause BCastingUnit to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of BUnit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of BUnit using Abilities\Weapons\FragDriller\FragDriller.mdl
            • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Else - Actions

5. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not MUI, because the global variables will be overwritten, if you cast it multiple times within 10 seconds.
    Damaging a circular area damages all units, also allies and buildings.

6. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, but the cooldown will be longer than 10 seconds, also it's more realistic if it damages all units within a small radius

7. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Apostle The jass version would be better since it can be multicast (cast by multiple units at the same time) otherwise it would just be an ability reserved for heroes.

8. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Originally this was meant as an item ability with several charges, then it was planned to be a hero ability, but I suppose it could be a regular ability as long as the damage is reduce to around 350 or 400, that way it wont be too op and thus wont be abused.

9. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    This kinda of reminds me of the Crazy Ivan's ability from RA2, they strap a bomb onto anything and it explodes dealing a good amount of damage to the unit or building, however they are not able to destroy most essential structure in one strike, only structures like powerplants and base defenses which have less HP get annihilated with their bombs, was this your intention Blake?

10. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Nope, if you wanna compare this to RA2 or YR, it would be more like the navy seal's ability, it was originally planned to give a hero in certain missions like 10 or so charges of a bomb so that he/she would be able to destroy buildings easier, then I thought of the whole sphere of flames idea (a highly modified acid bomb ability that damages any building it it thrown at for 10 or so seconds), now that works really well but then I began thinking about an actual sapper unit, or a hero with a similar ability, and that's how this idea came up. If its given to a hero it needs to be real powerful...like dealing 3000 or so damage to a structure (thus being able to destroy almost any structure with just a single bomb) but if its a unit ability it could be a lot weaker, 350-500 damage, I think we might include both versions....idk how it will turn out in actual gameplay.

11. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Navy seals in RA2 are extremely powerful, they can eliminate ANY building in the game (including that impenetrable fortress from the last mission) with a single c4 charge, also they have no timer and deal no AOE damage, and the building just explodes, so I think you're thinking more of a mix between an ivan and a seal here. Anyway seals were way too OP in RA2, I mean just think about what it means to destroy a building by just getting close to it. I dont think that's what you want here, you just need to make structures easier to destroy not give one side a overpowered base killer unit (just remember what happened with your little experiment AKA the Crusader unit ;) )

12. Blake8

Blake8

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Well I fixed that problem, remember I completely removed the unit from the campaign, anyway what if it takes several seconds to plant the bomb and it only deals heavy damage to the structure it's placed on and relatively light (~150-100) AOE damage to surrounding units?

13. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try it out, see how you like it, I think you'll have to mess around with it for a bit before it comes out right

14. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this what you had in mind?
    your_gif_from_mp4togif_com_1496040680036.gif

15. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Apostle That's pretty much what the seal from RA2/YR does, I say its too damn op, even with a long cooldown a squad of non-hero units such as these can bring down your base faster than Archimonde in the twilight mission

16. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    A similar concept I've seen in some maps is dropping a ward-like bomb that can be attacked.

17. Apostle

Apostle

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Kaijyuu
    I've tried just putting land mines and giving them a health regeneration of -2.0 but they don't explode when it hits 0 hp

18. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye. For some reason that does not work, I tried something very similar before.

19. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah land mines don't explode when they die (to enable killing them as a counter). You could trigger them to use Kaboom! or something after a set amount of time instead.

20. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye I will try that