• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bob27 vs brad.dude03 Poll

Which is better? (Bob27's of course!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Lemme go check it out.

Oh man. Brad whats with the random ice crystals and glaciers? I feel that brad should've used 'Northrend' Tileset instead.
Sorry for being crude, but it doesn't look good...
And the bridge is 'floating'...

Bob, on the other hand, I am rather impressed...I think you won brad because of few reasons. You didnt use the ugly cliff raise tool, and the fog gives you a feel on a pine forest in the morning, full of dew and rain. Its too thick though. I was expecting green/purple fog.

Also, Brad's has no sky, except a white sheet, while bob's has a nice sky, with rays.

Bob, is it just me, or your grass is moving? Great man.

Sorry brad, Shados is right. Lost horribly. Try again anyways! Good effort...
I think.

Last edited:
Level 36
KK Bridge is raised and there is no way to possibly fix it. Blame the makers. I needed a bridge. I was using WEU. I chose that one. All of them are screwed like that. The sky is *supposed* to be Northrend blizzard but as you see that didn't work out. The focus was entirely on the road. Random ice crystals and glaciers were there to be random. I regret nothing. My terrain sucks.

Level 12
KK Bridge is raised and there is no way to possibly fix it. Blame the makers. I needed a bridge. I was using WEU. I chose that one. All of them are screwed like that. The sky is *supposed* to be Northrend blizzard but as you see that didn't work out. The focus was entirely on the road. Random ice crystals and glaciers were there to be random. I regret nothing. My terrain sucks.

Lol, I just found brad's rockin arthas. Anyone else saw it? Nevertheless, the idea and base terrain of brad's one is ok. I messed around, and got some screens...no offence, just playing around...

Brad, this terrain has potential. I think if you had fog, and custom trees you would be evenly matched. No offence, just was bored...:infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• brad's rockin arthas.jpg
    brad's rockin arthas.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 82
  • brads terrain1.jpg
    brads terrain1.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 84
  • bradsterrain2.jpg
    bradsterrain2.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 119

Oblivion

O

Oblivion

When you guys take screenshots, you should increase the graphics quality, turn on anti-aliasing, and extend the far clipping plane. It would make the screenshots look even better. :)

Level 36
Not at all, I created the terrain for fun, and even if it was a serious project it would always be open source. Terrain is fun to mess with, and since mine so crappy its nice to see tha someone can get from my crapwork the essence that I was trying to capture and then improve the terrain so that it better captures that essence. You have done such so GJ :p

Level 24
yep brad, I would definatly have to agree that your terrain is better then most terrains you've ever made in your life :p

Yea well thanks everyone, I knew I was going to win, after brad foolishly decided to show me the terrain in his christmas map :)

Level 36
:p Didn't show him the terrain, had him fix some triggers PLUS it's a survival map. I don't care about terrain, there just needs to be lots and lots of trees. That's what I aimed fr that's what I got. *I* knew you were going to win the minute I accepted as you foolishly showed me your screenshots, which made me put even less efforrt into my attempt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.