1. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzcon 2019 Opening Ceremony

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 1, 2019.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but that would kill more of the environment which is eye candy. Besides, you need to see spells and ranged projectiles coming toward you as well as the ranged monsters casting them.
    Don't worry. It's not even the beta version.
    Just hope they keep the DIII spell switch system. I'd hate to start over with the same class only to try the other spells out.
    I guess it's the idea of choosing where to start from, not having to play zone by zone in a linear fashion.
    Thought about it too but Mephisto's horns were not bent like Diablo's. Lilith didn't have such a good relationship with Mephisto soon after meeting Inarius.
    Would the main villain reside in the Zakarum dungeons like Mephisto then? Assuming the skull is still there as we don't know what happened to the place after DII('s Act III).
    Maybe Diablo's skull is important because it harnessed the black soul stone's energies of all those evils?

I don't know if it's necessarily bad writing but it's forced.

On second thought, that destruction of the helm was... really... awkward. I mean, Sylvanas can destroy anything.
    What's with the chain creating arrows? For me, Warcraft has become too fantasy to the point of below 16years old cartoons.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  2. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have they revealed the release date for Warcraft III Reforged? Or anything about it? There is basically nothing on wowhead. The only thing I care about this Blizzcon, I don't care about the Shadowlands tbh, I do love the Cinematic, but that's about it.

3. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should be around within 24 hours today. I'm too lazy to check our time zones

4. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Reforged panel is 11 hours from now, I believe. Grubby is hosting it.

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's a very handy schedule that auto-converts to your time zone and has a nice countdown to all the panels.

Blizzcon 2019

If you don't have a Virtual Ticket, you will most likely find a recap of the Reforged panel either on Wowhead or MMOChampion :)

6. kyle18

kyle18

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 3: Reforged’s story won’t be retconned by WoW after all

Terribly disappointed from Blizzard. Some probably wanted nothing to change, but I wish I had the choice between the old campaign and a reforged campaign. What it offers us is nothing more than a resource pack that has actually made the original game unstable by the updates.

I would have loved to see the new Silvermoon ;w;

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They were referring to character dialogues and stuff. I'm quite sure the looks of characters, campaigns (+loading screen maps) will be WoWified.

8. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He wasn't talking about the looks or art style direction of characters. He meant the story line, it will stay the same.

I'm also disappointed. I wanted to see more character development. Now it's just a reskin... damn. The real reason is probably money, they'll need more time and money to revoice characters and put a new story line.

Also this is how Mephisto looks like in Diablo 3 Concept Art:
    [​IMG]

Lilith is holding her fathers skull, or at least it looks like it...

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's what I implied. But he did mention seeing places. And I'm sure Quel'thalas will look similar to WoW's.
    Yeah, a WoW influenced reskin, lol, to some extent at least.

That explains it.
    That picture is from external material.

10. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe she's planning to revive her father?

11. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I understood right, you will see the new Silvermoon, and Dalaran and Stratholm etc... They are just gonna keep the original storyline, like they won't mention that Jaina is a princess, Muridan will die(shown dying), Illidan will be shown dying.
    I too would like the WoW retconns in Reforged, but it was obviously cut for budget reasons. I mean I wouldn't like to see Maiev and Illidan fighting by the giant Arcane dome, though it would be hilarious, but I would like the explanation on how doesn't Maiev know about a 10 000 year old top secret Warden Jail on the islands, and Tyrande about the most sacred temple of Elune, and Malfurion about the holiest site of the Druids etc...And some creeps from WoW, why not?

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anything is possible now since DIII's black soulstone, that's really too bad.

In DII Mephisto's soulstone was destroyed meaning the demon should not be appearing anymore.
    Besides, it's silly. It's a skull. Demons need live hosts not a dead body.

kylovaderdiablo.jpg

Possibly, it's a sort of Hamlet Yorick thing.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  13. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully just the "story", or else that Stratholme trailer, Anasterian, Thalorien, etc. will be null and void

To be fair, there was NO blood spilled when he was "killed", making people free to speculate that he was just knocked out

Rhonin raised Dalaran sometime after WC3.

If you meant Suramar, it was also made so it was hidden from view, I think. Also, Maiev landed on the Broken Shore, which was far enough from the Vault of the Wardens and Suramar City itself

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hopefully, just the overall story. Those characters just being there as eye candy will not create a new gameplay experience.
    Muradin not dying, totally makes the scene void. Period. The idea was sacrificing everything/anything to get the power needed to do what Arthas thought would be greater good.

15. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tomb of Sargeras was part of the Suramar palace. And Maiev should know about the Vault of the Wardens in every way.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What Vault of the Wardens? That's a WoW retcon, not Warcraft III's concern at all.
    The concern is how does Maiev understand orc runes?

17. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Vault of the Wardens

18. Feng Shui

Feng Shui

Resources:
    Resources:
    D4 is actually looking pretty fucking good. Get a load of them tzimisce meat curtains.

19. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those weren't orc runes, they were just general runes, similar to the ones we see in Dalaran and Cityscape tilesets.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I KNOW!
    Again, it's a WOW RETCON!
    I don't buy it.
    You're saying Gul'dan knew general Azerothian runes and specifically wrote them for Azerothians as a warning sign?
    I don't buy it.