1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzard Speaks out about Warcraft 3: Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    This, especially this:
    From what I've seen on youtube that chapter was done sooooo porely. I don't get it. They already have a blood elf Liutentant, couldn't they just give them a High Elf skin? The Archer also doesn't have a blood elf skin, even though all other high elves do, though Blood Elf Swormen is unused even in TfT Blood Elf Campaign.
    Not even mention that both Thalorian and Anastarian are basically dumb mute creeps that just stand in front of the Sunwell like golems.
    The Sunwell itself also looks terrible and lazy. They could of at least put in on a plateau with the walls, and not make it look like a lake. And they've added sooo many doodads for Tomb of Sargeras, Capital City, Icecrown citadel, that are all barely used, if at all, and they couldn't add the Sunwell, pure and Corrupted. Genial!!!

2. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Insert generic comment about how bad reforged is

(or some other BS I'm tired of hearing this)

3. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If a "major PR desaster" causes a single question, which is easily handwaved away, you know where priorities lie.

Now of course earning calls are a place where hard numbers are spoken out, but if reforged would have been a project that promised big chunks of money in the first place, the questions about it would be different ones

4. DrTema

DrTema

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eye of Sargeras model isn't clickable. When it used as model for items you can't pick up it...

5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait, they actually used the Lordaeron doodads? I thought it's still copy-paste.

Also, no High/Blood Elf Ballista model too. Kek

6. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check A New Power in Lordaeron.
    From what I've seen, yes, it's basically a copy past, with some Lordaeron doodads added, though hardly noticeable.

7. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    They should never have announced a pre-order at blizzcon. A preordered product can't be delayed more than 12 months from star date of the preorder campaign ( should have been released even earlier than february).Basically forced to release it early.

8. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remember that the question was asked by a shareholder, i.e. someone who doesn't give a flying f... about the game and is only interested in the PR drama due to it maybe potentially somehow having some impact on company finances. In that context, one question was all that was needed.

Not really. If Reforged was a big project, Activision would have to say more about it in their opening segment (for instance tell the investors whether it sold well or not), but the question would be pretty much the same - i.e. "what are you doing to fix this mess" basically. And maybe we'd get another question about how Blizzard plans to recoup financial losses. That's it - no matter how huge Reforged was, no shareholder would ask about specific gamer complaints or game features. They don't care.

The only law that is there is one that forces companies to provide an estimated release date upon starting preorders - I believe this comes from our German friends. There's no law that forces companies to keep that estimated date or prevents them from delaying the game.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  9. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    ActiBlizz should look to the Age of Empires 2 for inspiration. THAT is how you "reforge" a game.

10. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Age of Empires 2 DE had SOO many bugs and crashes upon release, that I don't think that should be looked upon for inspiration.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to it in terms of graphics.

12. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not just graphics - AoE 2 remaster also came with new multiplayer races, improved AIs, new campaigns and tons of other stuff. And all of that while keeping the original intact and giving full control to the players, for instance by allowing people to choose between the old and new AI without any issues.

And yes, it might have been buggy at launch, but in terms of what it actually offered it was in a completely different league than Reforged.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's a bigger argument to counter what Archian wrote, indeed.

14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    This video gave me some good laughs in these dark times:

P.S. I miss Metzen.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Me too.
    And Bill Roper's voice too :\

16. jonhysone

jonhysone

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We really weren't in such a hurry to see nor play Reforged. All of us were quite happy with WC3 and we could've gone on playing it for the next 3 decades. The Graphics/Engine adjustments looked -at least- very promising. True, we've been excited, but I reckon they could totally not jump the trigger and release the game half-baked. What bugs me even more is the price I had to pay for a game that both : butchered the availability of our sweet ol' game and delivered such an anticlimatic experience

17. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm out for now.But nowadays I don't tend to support people that are irresponsible. I may re-buy it later if I see it is fit for playing.

Anyway it's really tedious these days that a high number of companies don't understand that their main source of income are their customers. At least as I see it nowadays it's all greed infested minds, and rarely anyone wants to break this loop cycle. The sad thing is that greed made passion inexistent and not just in the game industries. Even more sadder is the people who work for greed infested minds and are supporting their influence whether they know it or not.

18. Raised

Raised

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm very disappointed in Blizzard's new EULA. That was the last thing I expected them to do, considering how tightly they communicated with community of modmakers. It is literally a betrayal... of expectations. For me it meant that I should quit WC3 modmaking.

Besides these, I do not understand the hate towards WC3 Reforged, assuming that Blizzard will keep adhering to community's feedback as they had been doing so far.

19. ShadowArm

ShadowArm

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: