• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard fuses with Activision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yeah all of this sounds like a publicity thing.

But a wc4 would be nice, i mean i only play WoW to see the story line tore up pretty much. Plus untill i graduate i lead a pathetic life =D

Also Arthas hasn't yet conquered the maelstrom. Haha what a wuss.

Level 11
if someone offered it to me i'd take it. Think how much treasure, and objects you could find in the center of it under the water. Everything it pulled in yours. Maybe a titan too but doubt that would ever happen on warcraft...sadly.

Level 5
Ahem!!!

Sry for interupting your conversation.

Well Warcraft IV does probably have heroes in it, as far as I know Starcraft II is pure strategy game with no heroes (and probably no abilities which you can level I guess, and similar RPG features like in WC3).

I don't know if there will be any rpg system (like hero leveling heroes in starcraft, not as I have seen so far)

I believe people will still be stuck to warcraft III due to this difference in lacking RPG feature. Original Starcraft is pure strategy. There isn't even a dice there. Pure skills. Like chess. Warcraft III has a piece of luck in it... (I was thinking of damage dices in this example) The only bad luck I can think of in starcraft is having many rotting against you. That's tactical bad luck for you...

_____

Now back to topic

I think Blizzard merging with Activision wouldn't be so bad. Time will tell. I hope they will not only develop WoW like games.

:pal: (Does this guy smoke?) However the big bosses could turn things over with a single decision

If you need to learn more about evil companies like EA games, watch this excellent flash documentary about how Westwood was owned by EA....

Blizzard could suffer the same fate....

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/337524

WATCH THIS MOVIE

Well First of all, I have heard that they're inserting a hero system in SC2 just because of DotA :ugly: (<---- DotA players look like this!) If they leave this system open for the editor to use, Which they will have once because of *Cough* DOTA *Cough* And I also heard that they wont be using JASS for the SC2 editor, They will be using C++, If this is true, We are all doomed if we get it. Because, C++ is a shell code, And if people are malicious enough, They WILL break any constraints in it to make viruses. That will be VERY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.