1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

blizzard cheats

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by BrownSTA, Sep 13, 2005.

1. BrownSTA

BrownSTA

Resources:
    Resources:
    does anybody know how to get rid of the cheats that blizzard put in(ex: greedisgood, whosyourdaddy, etc.)?

i tried two things, importin a blank document with path at scripts\cheats.j(or sumthing like that), didnt work :x , and tried to add a defeat trigger if they type the cheat in, didnt work :x

any suggestions? :? :?:

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think custom campaigns automatically disable cheats. If you are making a normal game, then don't worry. People cannot cheat while playing online.

-Rui

3. BrownSTA

BrownSTA

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha, its a single player rpg, no b.net, so i need to find a way to disable em

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    THose cheats are built into the game its self, not a map option. So sorry, there is no way to disable them directly. You can, however, make periodic events that make the main character vulnerable (to counter the "whosyourdaddy" cheat or cap resources to a certain point to counter money cheats, ect.
    -VGsatomi

5. salamander

salamander

Resources:
    Resources:
    well i don't think you can stop money cheats but the other ones can be changed so that when some one types them in they lose:

Event: player 1 types whosyourdaddy
    Action: defeat player 1

thats what i would do

6. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, the cheats are programmed into the game. They cannot be detected with triggers and thus they cannot be stopped. Meaning, even if I typed whosyourdaddy, I wouldn't be defeated by that trigger.

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He said that he did that and it didn't work. Read his post again.

-Rui

8. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just don't understand the reason for disabling the cheats. It's single-player, right? It's up to the player if he wants to cheat and kill his own fun or not, isn't it?

9. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    thats why the Bnet is full of noobs :D

10. qwerty

qwerty

Resources:
    Resources:
    i remember a map disabling greedisgood.. tank wars i think... not very sure... when you type "greedisgood" it doesnt add your gold, only lumber.

11. RabbidWolf

RabbidWolf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :)

I got an idea, do this

Event - Every .01 seconds of game time

Conditions - Player 1's gold is equal to 10000000

Action - Defeat Player 1 with the message: You Stupid Ass Noob!

:) doesn't that solve everything for the money deal?

12. ssj2_Gohan

ssj2_Gohan

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol....and what if i type greedisgood 999999 =))....didn't think about that ? :p

most easy way is to make a trigger every time you type a cheat ...gives defeat with message "don't cheat, play fare" :p

it's quite easy to do that....:D

13. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is actually to force a player to type a cheat again, it's Jass but it's simple.

Example:

Code (vJASS):
    call Cheat("Whosyourdaddy")
    (use in a custom script action)

Does the same as when the player types it, so if he enabled the cheat this will turn it off, however if he didn't, it'll turn it on. Bad thing is that you can't really know when it's turned on or off, without making some test, like trying to damage a unit.

You can change the whosyourdaddy to any cheat you like, "greedisgood 5000" would do the same thing as if the player typed it.

14. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great idea... I know how to combat the last part though. You could just add a - to in front of the integer. ^_^

But, what about stuff like, say, thedudeabides?

15. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would do nothing, and a valid cheat like "iseedeadpeople" would do nothing in multiplayer. And btw, the cheats don't have to be case sensitive so "WhOSYoURdAdDY" will work (even though it would make you appear as a complete idiot).