1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BlindBeast.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
well its been so long since i submitted a grossy detailed skin. here it is! feel free to use it for some sorts, but always remember to give credits to me.

update::
saturated to enhance the burned flesh theme
added blood splats on his body and head

no TC included on model. model does not support TC

Keywords:
hound, sealed, lunge, skinless, gross, rusty, yuck, meat, fresh meat
Contents

Blind Hound (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
08:52, 19th May 2011 shiiK: Undeleted by request. 11:10, 17th Nov 2010 shiiK: Resource updated, but necessary changes has not been made. Moderation unchanged. 12:40, 16th Nov 2010 shiiK: Neat idea, I think you should play more on that...
  1. 08:52, 19th May 2011
    shiiK: Undeleted by request.

11:10, 17th Nov 2010
    shiiK: Resource updated, but necessary changes has not been made. Moderation unchanged.

12:40, 16th Nov 2010
    shiiK: Neat idea, I think you should play more on that description you quoted, though. The colour scheme isn't complete (there's no contrast) and there's no indication of muscle - it's looks pretty much like a giant flesh-heap wrapped in randomly burnt skin. Define the muscles, and find a way to add some good contrast colours. The yellow hairs do not fit in at all.

Detailed Review

2. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty awesome, I'll have a closer look tomorrow. There are a few things that come to mind though. If they're skinless and dripping with blood, shouldn't they be bloody? This looks like it has very pale, perhaps thin, skin, but it's not skinless. I like that, though, I'm just comparing to your description here. Also, even though it's rather irrelevant to the art, how do they locate their enemies and how do they communicate with each other (considering they can be found in groups)? Purely by smell? I mean, they can make sound but not hear it - unless they have something that picks up sound waves without hearing it, but being able to navigate by sending out waves and letting them bounce back (sort of like bats)? I'm curious, really. Finally, what is the stamp for? Is that your signature, or does it mean these beasts are domesticated?

3. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  4. TurtleRacingCar

TurtleRacingCar

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    really good skin! nothing to improve atm!
    well i dislike that screenshot icon, maybe you should paint some freehand icon.

5. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well it's a screenshot icon that is edited ^_^

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    nice
    could be very useful

7. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very cool, another great skin ;)

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    this reminds me a bit of parasite eve monsters >:)

9. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the rats? :)

10. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Extensive review:

* Shading
    The shading could use some more work. There are dark spots that should've been highlighted rather than shadowed and vice versa. The shadows are also very harsh, there's no transition. His ribs are both highlighted and shadowed, but they're under his body and should generally be darker than parts of his body that is exposed to the sun. What strikes me the most, though, is that there's no muscle definition at all.

* Colour
    Skintone works well for the image you're trying to create, but you're using white and black as shading, which makes it look quite ugly. White is mainly used for very shiny parts and in small portions. There's white everywhere on this. Same goes for black. Try to use full colour schemes for your shading. The green-yellow, greasy hair doesn't fit in, in my opinion, you should've gone with a complementary colour to your skintone. Oh, and what's the peach coloured stuff on his horns?

Complementary Colours
    [​IMG]

* Concept
    I think it's pretty generic and boring. It could be useful for some kind of project, though, so I'll let it slide.

* Detail
    Most of the detail seem pretty random, and it's really lacking in variation and definition. It's an interesting touch with the stamp, though, but what does it mean?

* Wrap
    Works decently, not much to comment on.

11. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think the symbol thing should be on their heads. It will make more sense. Also it a bit bland.

12. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks really cool. I wonder how it would look with blood on those spikes or something like that instead of that rusty brown thing. If you can make a different skin version like that which looks a little bit more like zombie horror, for example that blood on the spikes or something.

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    among other things :)

14. Sharingan

Sharingan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    poor blind creature ;f

15. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What is that red mark on the side? If you do a zombie version of this skin maybe the mark shouldn't be there.

16. FriendlyHost

FriendlyHost

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome... I'll use this in my map for sure! 4/5

17. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not liking the new burned version, revert it to previous, this looks so... amateurish >:/