• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blender 2.83+ MDL/MDX importer/exporter

Level 1
Is there a reason that these planes came with the model when I imported it? And despite having png files named the same as the mdx model, the texture is never imported. I'm using Blender 2.83.
1687490542221.png

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 17
Is there a reason that these planes came with the model when I imported it? And despite having png files named the same as the mdx model, the texture is never imported. I'm using Blender 2.83.
View attachment 437516
These are various kinds of bilboarding effects attached to a model. The one behind back of your character is portait background. The ones below her are hero glow. The ones around her right arm are probably glows that some modellers attach to weapons... Or some fancy magic effects. Most of them are probably various forms of bearing team color.

Tl;dr - they are not bugs. They are features of the model.