1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

.Blend to .MDL

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Daelin, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello,

Umm, do you know any way I could transpose models from Blender to Warcraft MDX/MDL, with everything (UV, animations, vertexes). I succeeded doing it through some weird format, but only in 3dsmax and only the vertexes. Nothing else. Thanks guys if you can help me!

And btw, it doesn't matter through which way is the transformation achieved as long as the MDX/MDL has animations, vertexes and UV intact. Thank you!

~Daelin

2. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    deaddog had the same problem, he asked pike to export his models that he made from blender 3d. you need someone with 3dsmax to do it though. export from the blender to .obj, then sent it to Pike, who imported to 3dsmax and spewed it out as .mdx.

3. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know if all can be exported right, because every 3D proram uses diffrent coding and not every exporting/importing plugin can read UV maps and animations. I can try to find a right plugin or importer, so it can take time.

4. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well actually, this IS for DDNGW. I have 3dsmax 5 so it shouldn't really be a problem. We tried through OBJ but apparently it didn't work. Now I found another route but he needs Python and he has Mac, so finding that might be pretty difficult...

Pike, what 3dsmax you have and do you have some plugin? I have 3dsmax 5 so if you have some plugin for me, please send it at dragon_head@wowmail.com . Thank you very much for your help guys!

~Daelin