• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.Blend to .MDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello,

Umm, do you know any way I could transpose models from Blender to Warcraft MDX/MDL, with everything (UV, animations, vertexes). I succeeded doing it through some weird format, but only in 3dsmax and only the vertexes. Nothing else. Thanks guys if you can help me!

And btw, it doesn't matter through which way is the transformation achieved as long as the MDX/MDL has animations, vertexes and UV intact. Thank you!

~Daelin

Level 5
I don't know if all can be exported right, because every 3D proram uses diffrent coding and not every exporting/importing plugin can read UV maps and animations. I can try to find a right plugin or importer, so it can take time.

Level 11
Well actually, this IS for DDNGW. I have 3dsmax 5 so it shouldn't really be a problem. We tried through OBJ but apparently it didn't work. Now I found another route but he needs Python and he has Mac, so finding that might be pretty difficult...

Pike, what 3dsmax you have and do you have some plugin? I have 3dsmax 5 so if you have some plugin for me, please send it at [email protected] . Thank you very much for your help guys!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.