• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blasphemy against Azeroth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really burned Teldrassil and why? Who is that injured elf?

full

Let the debate begin.

Level 25
There's also rumors saying that Sylvanas used a fragment of Sargeras' sword to burn Teldrassil. Maybe she got framed again just like in the Wrathgate or it's another one of those "Warchiefs destroying an Alliance city". Though I doubt they would repeat the thing they did with Garrosh.

I strongly disagree with the Horde burning teldrassil because 1. The taurens would not consider breaking off a branch of Teldraassil much more burn it. 2. It's world tree and it is connected to azeroth and could cause major things if destroyed but also seeing how liadrin trash talked the night elves during the nightborne intro, the blelves could be a possible candidate.

Level 25
As I said, if they're gonna be the ones to burn it, there will be a reason for it. For example(taken from Pyromancer's video), the world trees are actually gateways for Old Gods to enter Azeroth.

Beyond that, we'll just have to see. Before the Storm is coming in a few months and maybe it'll show the events of the burning of Teldrassil or at least some hints.

It's obvious. The burning of Teldrassil is an inside job plotted by the Alliance, in order to justify the subsequent military action on Lordaeron in the eye of the public opinion.
Jaina could be a suspect since that woman is war freak since the destruction of Theramore ans she will almost do anything to force the alliance to attack the horde.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It rubs the the wrong way.

How does one burn a tree that large successfully?
I am pretty sure a few Horde torches will not be enough.

My guess is that the old gods are somehow pulling the strings, a war between alliance and horde is probably what they want.
That said, not sure who they control.
There is some speculation that some of the Loa are controlled by the Old Gods, which is why Sylvanas was made Warchief.

If that is true, maybe it is Sylvanas who does it after all. Maybe some version of the plague could start a fire?

Level 14
Jaina could be a suspect since that woman is war freak since the destruction of Theramore ans she will almost do anything to force the alliance to attack the horde.

Anduin Wrynn wants peace at all costs and realizes that the reason for war at this point is none other than the very existence of the horde. He will do what he must do to get to the final, noble goal. But he needs to strengthen the resolve of the people of the alliance.

Jaina is devoured by guilt and desire for revenge against the severe injustice she had to suffer from the horde's leadership. She will do anything to see them dead.

That the burning of Teldrassil is the horde's deed is one of the lies of the Boy King.
The old gods are either controlling or manipulating Anduin Wrynn into organizing an enormous blood sacrifice over the central sea, which will open the way for the masters.

Anduin Wrynn wants peace at all costs and realizes that the reason for war at this point is none other than the very existence of the horde. He will do what he must do to get to the final, noble goal. But he needs to strengthen the resolve of the people of the alliance.

Jaina is devoured by guilt and desire for revenge against the severe injustice she had to suffer from the horde's leadership. She will do anything to see them dead.

That the burning of Teldrassil is the horde's deed is one of the lies of the Boy King.
The old gods are either controlling or manipulating Anduin Wrynn into organizing an enormous blood sacrifice over the central sea, which will open the way for the masters.
I think that could be heared on the whispers of the old gods talking about the boy king and her third death and more.

Level 29
It's obvious. The burning of Teldrassil is an inside job plotted by the Alliance, in order to justify the subsequent military action on Lordaeron in the eye of the public opinion.
Torch fuel cant melt ironwood branches, Teldrassil was Lich King's inside job, unpolymorph sheeple.
How does one burn a tree that large successfully?
An fleet of crazed dragons being steered to fly into it. Or maybe the Horde loaded Doomhammer with every explosive on the planet and crashed that into it.

Level 14
Torch fuel cant melt ironwood branches, Teldrassil was Lich King's inside job, unpolymorph sheeple.
what's this for a reply? Please, @Eagle XI , ELI5 it to me.

Anyway man, it's clear as day that it's an inside job. I mean it's a CnP of the Reichstag charade. The alliance leadership screwed the night elves alright.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Recently got some new information.

According to the prologue in Christie Golden's upcoming canon novel there is a council that is ruling in Undercity while Sylvanas is in Orgrimmar and do warchief stuff.
While little is known about them since only the prologue is released, they do not share Sylvanas' morals/goals.

It is speculated that this council is the one to somehow cause the fire.
It is also speculated that the dying elf next to Sylvanas is her sister, possibly confronting and blaming Sylvanas for the council's action.

A nice throwback to the wrathgate if it is true.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Might*

They are only confirmed to disagree so far.

That said, sad to see the Horde painted as Villains again.

Initially I felt annoyed since it would be the second time they use 'Forsaken breakout faction sabotage goes sexual goes viral'
But then again we have face 3 troll tribe uprisings and and and a half expansion about Orcs ruining the Hordde's reputation.

One could think it was the tauren's turn or something, but whatever.
This is all provided it is actually the council's doing

Status
Not open for further replies.