• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blade's of the North RPG v1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a basic RPG map for Reign of Chaos. It is small. But that is because I am opening this map as a template for newbie builders to simply work with and study.

Anyone is able to access and edit this map anyway they like. They can use triggers and other things I have in their maps. I just hope maybe some credits in return :)

This map is an actual RPG and is PLAYABLE you can host and play it yourself. All you want :p But I also give it out as a template for all the newbies and others to simply get the ideas of the basics and some advanced map building.

Also Note: The item drop system is a TFT system... But I am looking into creating a RoC one that is fully functional but for now you guys can use this TFT one if you want. (There isn't a creep item drop system working on the map yet)

Some updates in the v1.4 template

>Path fixing
>New terraining
>Some monster/boss updates
>New champions
>Item updates
>Shop updates
>Hero fixes
>2 more players can play
>Lowered attribute cost
>Raised champions lumber bounty
>Fixed flames demon bug
>Text bug fixes
>And more.

Future updates for template/map
>Any other bug fixes
>New hero classes
>More terrain updates
>Bounty updates on creeps
>Item/shop updates
>Maybe more.

Good luck guys. I will keep this project updated! :D (As long as it is wanted please comment! and post ideas!)

Keywords:
BOTN, Template, RPG, Blades of the North, Blades
Contents

Blade's of the North RPG v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
18:20, 1st Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Since you need to redo about everything, I will permanently reject this. The idea behind is very good, though...

M

18:20, 1st Nov 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Since you need to redo about everything, I will permanently reject this.
The idea behind is very good, though...

Level 28
I like the reason of the upload a lot, but I must say that it isn't a good template.

The triggers are bad: there are leaks everywhere, they're inefficient and some of them don't work correctly, or don't work optimal (e.g.: if you're fast enough, you can get multiple heroes by gaining gold, since the hero selector doesn't dissapear).

The heroes are all standard (doesn't really matter in a template, but I don't want that newbs will copy that as well), the terrain isn't good (too flat, too much cinematic doodads, not enough environmental doodads, too much blizzard cliffs, ...).

If only my Open Source ORPG would open, you could learn something from that :/
(It's supposed to be an open source ORPG, for everyone to edit/learn, but I am unable to open it since the new patch).

Level 4
This isn't an advanced work of art. I know, the selector is basic. The removal is basic. But it's all basic because I am making it with RoC and I have to use basic stuff due to the fact I have TFT installed and I cant use expansion setting or it will be an expansion map. Like I said in future updates I will be updating the map. And everything about it. But this is the basic set for now. Thank you for the ideas.