• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blade of Faith

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is my first model.
I experienced a bit with Milkshape and here it is.
bofscreen.jpg

*edited*
totally remade this from scratch,
should be lower in size as well as in polycount
(1st: 1234 --> 2nd: 420 --> now: 174)

please give credits.

Keywords:
Blade of Faith, BoF, Blade, Sword, Attachment
Contents

Blade of Faith (Model)

Reviews
20:28, 13th May 2009 Pyritie: Oh boy, you made a model by tracing a mesh around a texture! How wonderful! :D Basically, the texture isn't yours and this probably didn't take much time to make at all. Try harder please.

M

20:28, 13th May 2009
Pyritie: Oh boy, you made a model by tracing a mesh around a texture! How wonderful! :D

Basically, the texture isn't yours and this probably didn't take much time to make at all. Try harder please.

Level 18
and the texture, did you create that yourself?

I based it on some sword with similar texture and colors, just used the end of it, the red ball, everything else is made by myself, except the edited part at the bottom of the sword..
Same here, if this isn't enough I can look for Ingame textures or do a new one, completly by myself..

Level 18
Still to much poly, it could be even unit with ~400 poly. For example those holes inside of sword you could make by alpha channel...

"could" that's the keyword.. I'm new to modelling, and this was my first model..
I'm pretty happy, that I'm finally done with it and managed it to make it a bit lower in size and poly, also it works.. finally, was a long way with lots of troubles.. so
feel free to do it if you like ^^ I'm not able to..

Level 9
It's good for a first model. I'll give ya a 3.5/5. Reduce the poly count and you'll get an even higher score. :3 +rep

Level 31
I personally do not believe something is too high-poly for WC3 unless it is at least 5000 polies. But, due to the limitations this site has set (3000) and the fact that this is an attachment not a building/unit, this will not get approved until the poly amount is changed. Instead of making the holes in the sword part of the model, make the texture with alpha. You could make this sword look just as good with 30 polies. It's all about the texture.

Level 18
updated it, I used alpha channel for creating the holes in the sword.
In the Milkshape editor it works, the holes were at their positions..
But it don't works in Wc3Viewer, don't know why, also saved the texture in another format,
hopefully it will be displayed in Wc3 now. Also managed to reduce the Polycount again, but
this will be last reduce, I guess. It's 174 low now, still high for an attachment, or? But I can't
reduce it anymore without losing all of the model's details and forms..
it already doesn't look smooth anymore :/ but well smaller filesize as well as lower polys..

Last edited:
Level 5
please don't pressure the guy, it's his first time and it turned out to be impressive for a starter..

Good model...
5/5

Level 18
please don't pressure the guy, it's his first time and it turned out to be impressive for a starter..

Good model...
5/5

thanks =)
at least one, that encourages me and supports me..

yea it's not easy.. it's my first model and i'm very happy, that it works.
I was also able to reduce the size and polycount.. and still improved it from update to update..
but my noobish skills here are limited.. so if anyone can make this better, with lower poly or so, feel free to edit and sent it to me, so I can watch it. But also gimme some suggestions and tipps to make this myself and to improve this..

besides your opinions about this and meanings.. please gimme suggestions and tipps how to do this, instead of only complaining how bad it is and that the polys are too much..
It helps more if I get tipps and help about it, so I can change it and make you happier..

Level 6
I'll say that the swords quality can still be sacraficed for a reduced poly. I personally have no problems with polys due to my computer though. What I'm saying is that most people arn't to conserned if a sword is a little unfocused. I'm trying to make a sword with the word "Truth" burned into the handle and 4 gems in it, but the polys got too big and it just wasn't noticable.

Level 4
This is Awsome, but i agree, the curvyness makes it seem... awkward, i say it would look better if you merged it with another one making it like a Demon hunter Blade, but thats my oppinion, and you shouldnt do that, until the file size becomes smaller... Because merging them would double everything, correct? anyway.

I give it a.... 5/5, i would have given it a 4/5 because of the curvynes, but, i just love the design so 5/5, Good Job :D

-SuperCoke