• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blade Artist

Thanks to comments here I spend some 5 minutes to fix this map so it can be played on the newest WC3 patch.

For those who don't know - it's really old map of mine, it have 3 teams of 2 players each.
It includes some funky graphics for that time and IT HAS AI!!! Just remember put some computer players, also when human player leaves - comp AI gonna play for him :).

Since it have like no information inside the game gonna say it here:
-there's Tower-like building on the east where you can exchange lumber for gold.
-there's Goblin merchant on the west where you can buy some very basic items like Potions of Health/Mana
-on the south there's old guy on cliffs, when you've got at least 15 lumber, you can choose what to upgrade - Sakkat (hat, gives armor) or Blade (sword :D, gives additional damage), every upgrade have max of 3 levels

ALSO since i saw some chinese edits of this map ->

Feel free to edit this map, would be nice if you don't delete my name from it (i don't care that much but it would be polite).

btw like two years ago I was working on Blade artist 2, it's totally different gameplay, funny yet. It used predecessor of systems I use now in Toy Soldiers, so you can imagine...I've never got it to release it here, but I could do that.

Keywords:
blade artist, blade, artist, ba, samurai, chinese, japan, art
Contents

Blade Artist (Map)

Level 4
This is a good game, needs a lot more improvement though. The game gets old pretty fast, and there's not enough abilities. Also, that dance ability, needs to be toned down a bit, because it really tears up people to quick in the early game. There should also be more people allowed in the game, and more items, and increase the cooldown of leap by a little bit. Just do these things and your map can be great, other than that, I give this game a 3.5/5. Oh, and one more thing, whats the point of this game? Is there a limit or anything, like a 10 kill win?

Level 8
Whats the aim?And
why does they teleport if they have only 40 mana and not enough mana for the next teleportation??...etc.. I played it and saw....

1.) Computers attack 5 % , move 15 % and use spells 80 %.
2.) Theres no aim in the map . Why it is a endlessgame?? thats just boring!
3.) There are only 3 available items to buy. Thats lame!
4.) Just 4 or 5 spells and just 1 Ninja??! Boring!
5.) You can teleport where you want to do it . In trees , in a mointain or in a doodad. Very funny but no good point in the map.

I give you 2/5 ... Please change that !

Level 5
actually pretty fun... the leaps are EPIC! The combat is pretty cool... i think the system should be revamped though.. put some skill in there not just attack following. Changes i recommend:
-more skills
-items
-mana is a b****
-take out fountains and rely on ITEMS
-Dodge really just hurts you
-The farther you jump i think the more AOE/dmg/(maybe stun) it should bring
-Need speed! run speed from levels or gear

Oh and the AI's suck but its better than nothing. Fun little game to mess around on and it keeps you smiling :))

Level 5
this game is a waste of time as duke-zip and DeathRing sed is need a lot of improvement

Level 6
awesome map, very fun :) . Really like it . Gets 5/5 for sure, but i have some suggestions -

Add more hero types. Or maybe a custom spell learning - a shop where you learn some custom spells, practically making your own swordsman.
Redo the shopping system, it sux :/
Improve the AI, although this isnt much of a problem.

Other than that, this is a great map. It's simple, and very fun.